Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

yeah I watched that too. Still didn't see it.

tiara1972 and SouthAussie like this.

2. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

Same, I watched it multiple times, including in super slow-mo with markers showing me where to look and STILL didn't see anything lol. That said, I rarely see what others in these threads and SM do.

LadyL, JudgeJoe, tiara1972 and 2 others like this.
  3. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

Yikes.

I served on a murder jury once too. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as your experience. And the defendant certainly seemed to be guilty to me based on the evidence presented. But when the "jury deliberation" phase starts with a juror saying (actually he was the foreman and there was some bullying there) "We all know he must have done it or else the police would not have arrested him" you gotta worry.

If BL goes to trial, I hope he gets a fair shake.
    JMO

LadyL, JudgeJoe and tiara1972 like this.
  4. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

IF Brian knew what happened and didn't think or was under the impression that Gabby left with someone else or others, it makes sense that he wouldn't have a clue to contact authorities.

Someone sent a text to mom on the 30th. That same someone could have texted a story to Brian, too. We just don't know. If Brian did know, (which WE don't know) it is very hard to justify his actions. Very hard. Too many unknowns. MOO!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    EvieIvyOver likes this.
  5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

But the text was talking about Stan. Gabby would not have called her grandpa that. I bet BL would though.

JayWill, DeDee, Midgie2 and 3 others like this.
  6. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

My point is they aren't worried about suspicion because they knew she was dead and was hoping she wouldn't be found. Telling where he parked the van that weekend would bring about that outcome. So, any suspicion they avoided would return as a tidal wave then.

I think the problem here is people are saying 'aha, if they had spoken up, people wouldn't think they were guilty. So since they haven't spoke up, then they are guilty." and I am skipping the first part and just saying that they are guilty and giving a reason why, being guilty, they wouldn't have spoken up. And people are confusing that as me saying they aren't guilty.

nocommoncents and JudgeJoe like this.
  7. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

If they wouldn't have arrested him for it under normal circumstances, imo, they shouldn't be able to use it as a "technique" to get a warrant. And I don't think that just in this case. jmo

tiara1972 and Cinna like this.
  8. khaki

khaki Well-Known Member

jjonez, JudgeJoe, LadyL and 3 others like this.
  9. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

yes I apologize
    I deleted that post after realizing I misunderstood what I was replying to
    it was my mistake

NCWatcher and CharlestonGal like this.
  10. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I rarely do, either, and I didn't see the van door closing until one specific video with good close-up zoom. It was unmistakable then. Does anyone have that link?

Edit: Thanks @khaki !

Woodberry, Warwick7, JayWill and 4 others like this.
  11. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

Thank you:) I'm not too good with words around here and honestly don't have a great attention span so my posts are always quick n short :p

rick shaw, Midgie2, Hyway and 4 others like this.
  12. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I could maybe buy that if it weren't for the fake texts. That seals the deal for me that Brian knew she was dead.

13. esayer

esayer Well-Known Member

I know this is dumb to say and it's been said before but if he's in the house I wouldn't be surprised lol.

14. Lilibeth

Lilibeth Well-Known Member

SandFam, tiara1972 and bordenpears33 like this.
  15. YohanApple

YohanApple Well-Known Member

Yeah! Quiet Riot!
    Hmm...same way BL was in Moab.
    Yep totally! To throw off the search for any missing body.

CarmelEyesD and Turkeytrot like this.
  16. EvieIvyOver

EvieIvyOver Former Member

The only thing is, they both were so apologetic to the Moab police officers who pulled them over. And GP said that BL was upset that their fight at Moab was so public. I don't know if I'd theorize he was mad at her for apologizing and took things to the next level because if it, because they seem like apologetic types of people. There was obviously a lot going on between them--too many things.

17. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

jash, Woodberry, Warwick7 and 5 others like this.
  18. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

You only need to follow the Innocence Project to know that innocent people do get convicted and sent to jail. IMO if the evidence points to blunt force trauma and you are the boyfriend who just had a DV incident it is not farfetched to think investigators might have some tunnel vision. MOO

GDawg89, fackshat, Tippy Lynn and 7 others like this.
  19. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

Yes, massively more data: the actual content of text messages, potentially precise and continuous location data without having to go through the data providers and fishing for tower locations, a complete record of calls sent and received, usually a google search history eg "how to get away with murder", "how to kill your girlfriend", etc. Photos and video not posted online, and other data depending on the person's apps eg in one actual case, a diary of the murderous partner's thoughts about the ups and downs of the relationship, in another case, a fitness app that revealed the time of death and the victim's heart rate and movements prior to their death.

20. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

And from my experience, she was a victim of domestic violence that was going to apologize for her abuser and blame herself. I don't see her in that video as being a domineering woman. He just calmly says "she's crazy". That''s not apologizing on his part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.