Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I'm not promoting to do such actions. Fact is, people do it ! I'm stating what people do and what BL and GP may have been doing.
I'm well aware that it's illegal.
MOO

Well they were not legally sharing the accounts BL was charged with stealing from. And the suggestion that they did is made everyday.

Probably never returned after the DeSoto camping trip.

Maybe, but I only say that because thats the last time anyone not involved with his conception has stated they last saw him. If I was planning to go on the lam, with the assumption I had some compelling reason to bring the van back, I would have set into motion my escape plan and then went to stay at some fleabite hotel waiting for the all clear to board the airplane to destinations unknown. I wouldn't be riding bikes with mom and watching over my shoulder for approaching police cars. And there was no reason to set up some grand escape plan to disappear from Camp DeSoto. No one was looking for him, he could have just left his driveway and gone anywhere.

If there is video footage of the mustang in their driveway before the 14th, how could it have been in the parking lot for 5 days?
Is there? The earliest I could find footage for was BE’s tweet at 6:54pm on 9/14, and it was his first tweet from that scene. I haven’t seen any footage from the Laundrie house from the 13th.

This is simply my opinion based on videos, photos and news reports.

Been studying the area where Gabby's body was located across the creek. Her mother stated it was about a 5 minute walk to where Gabby's van was located in the Red, White and Bethune video. It's in an area where folks may hike but are not likely to camp there. However, her stepfather said there was a possible circle of stones for a firepit and a flat area where a tent may have been set up.

IMHOO I feel BL chose this isolated location with a specific intention in mind. He made sure it had a view of the mountains so Gabby wouldn't be suspcious of his intentions. Further, I think when he flew home to FL, he returned knowing he would kill her. Yes, I do believe he set their camp in that particular spot so he could murder Gabby. It's just a working theory I have; nothing more.

Also, in full length photos of BL, I notice a distinct black line that oddly appears to outline his silhouette. It is not due to filters or enhancements. It is because his body hair is thick and black. His legs are quite hairy. It's very distinctive.

Some photos of him show an unkept black mustache as it begins to cover his lips. If he intends to hide in plain sight, he needs to shave those legs and possibly his arms as well. I'm not fond of him or I'd post a screen shot but not on Gabby's threads. I will not put his picture here.

JMHOO
Why do you think he was planning to murder her for weeks? When do you believe the thoughts to do that started?

I still think the atty's initial plan was a strategic one: to have him remain silent and eventually plead him out in exchange for her location when the day came that they still could not locate her and the weather was turning. I do not believe Bertolino had any hand in BL's flight. He might have counseled them "Hey Wyoming has death penalty, and if Federal (if she was killed at Spread Creek), AG Barr brought death penalty back too" so if we hold out we can possibly plead that down. That might have been enough to spook him to run and not roll the dice on any plea. The Bethunes dashed that chance with their video evidence anyway, but I think he was gone prior to that. MOO. I don't think he's going to be charged with a capital offense anyway (MOO), but it's still a good bargaining chip for the govt to have in its pocket. MOO IMO JMO
If I were he, 23 years old and possibly looking at 60+ years in prison... I honestly think I'd prefer the death penalty.

There's always a few willing. Fortunately/unfortunately depending on which side you're on
I think we should all consider it fortunate that there are defense attorneys out there willing to work even for those whom society has already declared guilty long before they ever reach a courtroom.

Yeah, I'm not buying it.

A serial killer lurking around their campsite just waiting for Brian to leave her alone? The chances of this are so low; and IMO, once we start hearing the real details leading up to Gabby's unfortunate demise, this will be obvious.

I rest my case, lol. (You don't see him volunteering, do you? And he's even qualified in the state!)

Nope, nobody wants to touch him, AFAICT; which just goes to show you what a fool's errand any defense of BL's will be.

What's the point of a trial, then? Like, seriously, what is the point? He might as well die in the swamps, or be hung from a tree by a mob.

I'm just spitballing on that one. I'm in CA, and have no experience with gators other than what I've read/seen on TV, and don't have any desire to get near a gator or croc. They terrify me.
Crocs are far scarier than gators. Crocs will actually attack humans unprovoked, which I don't think gators generally do.

Thankfully, I don't think crocs are native to this continent. But it's been a while since I brushed up on my croc knowledge.

Life 360 is great. If you have kids, a spouse who wanders off, someone who might have concerns about wandering off, like an aging relative. You can click on it and see where they are. They aren’t always 100% accurate, but it is a very good app. The free version is excellent, but there are also upgrades, depending on your situation.
That is the app that Charli Scott's family used to pinpoint her last known location and find her clothes. Authorities then brought search dogs to that location and found (sorry to be graphic) the small body parts that were all that remained of Charli. Eeek. I'm sure we'd rather find our missing loved ones alive and well.

Maybe, but I only say that because thats the last time anyone not involved with his conception has stated they last saw him. If I was planning to go on the lam, with the assumption I had some compelling reason to bring the van back, I would have set into motion my escape plan and then went to stay at some fleabite hotel waiting for the all clear to board the airplane to destinations unknown. I wouldn't be riding bikes with mom and watching over my shoulder for approaching police cars. And there was no reason to set up some grand escape plan to disappear from Camp DeSoto. No one was looking for him, he could have just left his driveway and gone anywhere.
I have reason to believe he returned home from the Fort Desoto trip. I strongly believe the FBI have surveillance footage of BL at some store or places he went to after the returning on the 7th. Which is why they didn't even ask for the Fort Desoto camera footage. Why would they if they already confirmed him somewhere else after the 7th? I think whatever the parents told them about Brian's whereabouts all matched that's why they believe he is in/around the reserve. MOO

I noticed he said that the van doors were closed when they went past but people have said they saw the door being pulled shut. I could never see that.

If it's any consolation, I couldn't see it either. All I could see was distortion, which I have seen many times before in videos I make using my phone.

This is why I don't think this was well-planned or executed. He could have dropped the van off at a small airport and flew off to Latin America or Russia. Send a few postcards saying you two went to Europe and he'd have a month or two head start on the police.

Driving back to your parents house just waiting for everyone to find out what happened? Yikes. Does not sound like someone who thinks two steps ahead.

My thinking exactly. The van sitting there all that time, her computer or external hard drive still in it with all their videos on it, mowing grass, riding bikes, going camping. None of this looks like an airtight plan going into action. I believe he convinced himself that she would never be found (with the outside chance they had a fight and she had stormed off and he didn't know or care where she was), but the LE visit on the 10th woke him up.

To be clear, I'm not promoting to do such actions. Fact is, people do it ! I'm stating what people do and what BL and GP may have been doing.
I'm well aware that it's illegal.
MOO
Fact is, BL was not an authorized user on Gabby's accounts. He had no written consent on her part to use her cards or access her accounts. He was not her husband, her child or her relative. And she was dead, and he knew it.

That being the case why would a grand jury indict him? The warrant stated the last 4 of the 2 accounts, he was seen on video using them, they were NOT his accounts per a federal grand jury. BLs and GPs attorneys both state the account was GPs.

Moo...

Right! Gabby's bank information is listed on her Missing Person report. Hence, LEO have known of her banking data since September 11.

If I were he, 23 years old and possibly looking at 60+ years in prison... I honestly think I'd prefer the death penalty.

I think we should all consider it fortunate that there are defense attorneys out there willing to work even for those whom society has already declared guilty long before they ever reach a courtroom.

What's the point of a trial, then? Like, seriously, what is the point? He might as well die in the swamps, or be hung from a tree by a mob.

Crocs are far scarier than gators. Crocs will actually attack humans unprovoked, which I don't think gators generally do.

Thankfully, I don't think crocs are native to this continent. But it's been a while since I brushed up on my croc knowledge.
BBM. Someone has to do it. Doesn't mean that they are moral, likeable or nice people. To some it's a paycheck. A few years ago I asked someone whom I believe was F. Lee Bailey why he defended OJ. His answer was "moral cover".

DBM double post oops
That being the case why would a grand jury indict him? The warrant stated the last 4 of the 2 accounts, he was seen on video using them, they were NOT his accounts per a federal grand jury. BLs and GPs attorneys both state the account was GPs.

Moo...

I never said they were BL's accounts.

But to be illegal the account didn't have to belong to GP either. And I'm not convinced the attorneys weren't parsing their words. As I said before, IF GP had a card from a parent's account given to her for her emergency use (not that one can legally do that either without involving the bank but most posting here have admitted to either doing that or to knowing people who did), informally that card might be called "GP's card." But it wasn't. BL couldn't use it regardless.

I'm not saying he didn't use a card he wasn't entitled to use. He very well may have. And it may be easily proven in court. But it just seems quite odd the warrant didn't say whose account/card it was.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member