Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Thread Closed - I have no idea how long it will take to get through all the violation reports.

Take a Break Everyone.

If there is breaking news report on this post.

2. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

The bickering from yesterday has continued to escalate. Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. As I sated yesterday, if you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
    -Move on from bickering
    -Let go of the domestic violence debates
    -Stop bringing in mental health

Several time outs have now been issued related to this thread. Future violators of the above will also go on time out.

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

North Port Police have found nothing in the Carlton Reserve that indicates Brian Laundrie was there as of now.
    No campsite. No personal items.
    Here is the first part of our interview with North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor. More to come on @NewsNationNow tonight.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1446592338768371715?s=21

TigerLou, idfinch, sassyblue and 60 others like this.
  4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Just as many of us suspected … so where is he? My guess ? NY ?
    JMO

5. Purplepixii

Purplepixii Well-Known Member

Whilst we were all on the naughty step, peeking through the keyhole, I put together a list of BL sightings as suggested by @imstilla.grandma and shared them directly. Hopefully these can be added to a map soon :)

6. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Good guess. jmo

7. themoon92

themoon92 Member

"It wouldn't surprise me if he is. It wouldn't surprise me if he's not." -- Josh Taylor to Brian Entin re: if police believe BL is alive.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1446592338768371715

This interview has me feeling even less optimistic about finding BL. Glad to see them talking a little (even though NPPD isn't the lead) but it sure sounds like they don't have much of anything to go on right now.

TigerLou, Yaritza, shiraz and 13 others like this.
  8. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

This news should delight bounty hunters everywhere. I'm quite surprised they did all that hunting and a big fat nothing. Hummm.

9. Chicago54

Chicago54 Well-Known Member

My guess NC

10. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

11. Purplepixii

Purplepixii Well-Known Member

12. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

What about the FBI? Josh Taylor lost me when he emphatically implied that Christopher Laundrie would never be asked to assist in the search. Yet the very next day, there he was doing just that. Plus, we've been told that the FBI is running the show, not NPPD. jmo

13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

That was second on my list, but I'm sure the grandpa has been checked out...well not SURE. but I'd expect he would have been. OK, "Uncle" Stevie, where's your client? jmo

Chicago54, catch_22, happyday and 2 others like this.
  14. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

What are your thoughts, Gardener?

Here are my thoughts: I don't think that campfire site has anything to do with BL. I think he would have dispersed the campfire site prior to leaving that site, if he is trying to evade LE.

BTW: Thank You for posting the above video.

shiraz, khaki, newsreader25 and 5 others like this.
  15. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

From Patchogue, NY, the news local to Gabby's parents, The Patch:

----------------------------
    Brian Laundrie Was Under Surveillance When He Fled: Police
    A North Port police spokesperson said law enforcement tried "to keep an eye on Brian (Laundrie) within the law" before he fled his FL home.

[​IMG]
    Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff[​IMG]
    Posted Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:07 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:50 pm ET
    SARASOTA COUNTY, FL — As the search for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the death of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, continues, a police spokesperson said Laundrie was under surveillance when he fled his North Port home in mid-September.
    His parents, Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, initially told North Port police they last saw their son Sept. 14 when he left their home to go hiking at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve. They recently corrected themselves, though, through a statement from their attorney, Steve Bertolino, who said his parents now believe they last saw their 23-year-old son a day earlier, on Sept. 13.
    [...]
    Joshua Taylor, the public information officer for the city of North Port, told Patch that North Port police, Suffolk County deputies and the FBI had Laundrie under surveillance after Petito was reported missing. He wouldn't provide specific details about this surveillance or a timeline.
    [...]
    Though it was reported Thursday that the remnants of a recently used campsite had been found at the nature preserve, Taylor told CNN that isn't true.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air, but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," he said. "Bottom line is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

Though no signs of their son have been during the three-week search of the reserve, his parents believe he's there, Bertolino said.

------------------
    More here, along with links to other related articles:

Authorities Deny Rumors That Brian Laundrie Is In Custody, Was Seen In Sarasota Friday

Waddles, SMK777, Okiruy and 8 others like this.
  16. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Somebody has already started a map of Gabby and BL's movements (sorry, can't remember who did that, but it is a good map).

I just did a quick search for it in the threads, but unfortunately 'map' is too short of a word for the search function.

Hopefully, the map maker will see the posts about a map, and repost their link. Maybe add the extra info, as well.

Yaritza, CharlestonGal, khaki and 4 others like this.
  17. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon, now they're (NPPD) just embarrassing themselves.

18. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

19. Tiff23fr

“The relationship has definitely shifted” - too bad he did not offer more color here.

It would seem they would have been most eager to help in the days before and right after he was reported missing if you only look through the Brian filter. JMO

20. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

Why, it is almost like the NPPD were sent on a wild goose chase on purpose? Who would have thunk it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.