Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Yes, especially if you're a person semi-afraid of law enforcement.

2. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

3. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Has Chris Cuomo's statement about the FBI been discussed and verified? For anyone who watched his program about the supposed campsite and then the next night it not checking out, he said, both times, without citing sources that the FBI was told on the 13th that Brian was missing even though NPPD wasn't informed until the 17th. I cannot see this being accurate in any way, shape, or form. Does anyone have further information on that? Thank you. MOO

4. Barbie619

Barbie619 Well-Known Member

I took a time out today and I'm glad I did. Time to reflect, to think, and to not think about all of this.

I hope tomorrow is the day BL is captured. I hope her family gets justice soon. If he's not already dead, he knows the weather is changing and it's only going to get harder to survive on the outside without help, without money, and without the proper clothing needed.

autumnal, LAhiker, samsmom and 7 others like this.
  5. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

All along I have just thought BL can be found in that preserve, not just because the car was left there. But also because LE has focussed their efforts there for weeks now. It would be difficult to find him in some of the areas in the preserve no doubt, but I'm beginning to wonder if he is elsewhere...

Yaritza, autumnal, happyday and 7 others like this.
  6. Jurisprudence

You have firmly stated this since Day 1. If it ends up he is there you need to go give that PD a training class! MOO

7. Quiche

Quiche Well-Known Member

So, if BL suddenly emerges from that Reserve it would mean his parents could be in the clear of lying to authorities, as well as off the hook for over a million dollars in search charges, right? IMO, I think this might be how this thing resolves...

Not that I think he's been there the entire time, mind you. But, at some point, I think BL will posture to protect his mom and dad. His physical state will tell the a great deal when he's caught.

JMO

autumnal, SMK777, happyday and 8 others like this.
  8. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

I guess I must have missed discussion of this, but it strikes me as interesting:

Excerpt and BBM:

Jim Schmidt, who joined the search for Ms Petito in Wyoming, shared new details of the location in the Bridger-Teton National Forest where she her [sic] remains found.

He said there were clear signs a tent had been pitched and a fire lit beside the makeshift grave where her remains were located.

Link:

Gabby Petito’s parents say they want Brian Laundrie jailed ‘for the rest of his life’

Waddles, idfinch, Kittybunny and 32 others like this.
  9. Jurisprudence

Yes.... This is one of those things that sows distrust on what officials are even releasing. MOO. There is a possibility that once the news broke - true or not at Bertolini's hands, the FBI said "You know what? Go get him. Let us assess his demeanor." MOO

10. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

11. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

Interesting...

Could the supposed sightings near Siesta Key have been him making his way back South to get back to the Carlton Reserve?

MOO

12. Purplepixii

Purplepixii Well-Known Member

NPPD: spend weeks looking in Carlton Reserve
    FBI: take daddy Laundrie to Carlton Reserve for a little field trip
    NPPD: state nothing found, the day after the field trip
    Internet: lambasts LE
    Me: it’s safe to come out now Brian, we’ve left…. ;)

13. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

So my Words with Friends app sent me a notification that said "Laundry can wait." I know it's to remind me to play, and I know the family's name is Laundrie, but for a second there my heart stopped. Of course I momentarily thought there was breaking news.

I think it's a signal for me to take the rest of the day off from thinking about this tragedy.

When I was a new teacher, 30 years ago, the principal told me that whenever I needed to call a parent about troublesome behavior, I should always start the conversation with something, anything, that was complimentary to that child. That remained with me and I try to incorporate that lesson even here on WebSleuths when I have a differing opinion from a fellow poster.

We are all on the same team here. We want justice for Gabby. Please let's not personally insult one another. It's not becoming of us as adults, IMO. It creates hellacious work for the mods, and ultimately results in closing the thread.

I'm going to self-report because I know I'm not a mod and it may not be my place to say this, but I feel very strongly that we can comment and sleuth here and still be within TOS, if we exert some self-control.

14. cady

cady Well-Known Member

This development puts the spotlight even more on the parents. The whole Mustang mystery and timing. Verrrry curious. jmo

DeDee, happyday, esayer and 4 others like this.
  15. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

I give zero weight to any opinion of BL's parents regarding where they "believe" BL is.

IOW: If they're convinced he's in the Carlton Reserve, I'm thinking BL is anywhere but there.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2021
    Kittybunny, DeDee, happyday and 15 others like this.
  16. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

And, just exactly WHO wants all this media attention, and social media attention to go away?

17. Jurisprudence

Suffolk County deputies are on Long Island, NY. Not sure how they could have had them under surveillance. They might have had a BOLO, but never eyes or he'd be in custody. MOO I also heard the same report you reference that once they got to it on the ground they discovered that the campsite was not a campsite after all. MOO

borndem, Which_pancake and Arkay like this.
  18. redfishingirl

redfishingirl Well-Known Member

Right?? They already tried to defend themselves for not surveiling him and now they are trying to say, oh, we actually were? Well, if they were, they better double check their methods!
    MOO

19. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

It seems unlikely to me that the FBI would make such a decision on the spur of the moment, especially if Bertolini is telling the truth that liaising was involved (personally, I don't think he's a liar). But wth do I know. Thankfully, the FBI is beyond my experience and may they remain so :D

borndem, DeDee, khaki and 4 others like this.
  20. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I'm in the NC camp. He's been gone for weeks, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.