Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm not convinced LE took the missing person report seriously.

This is a quote from an interview with J. Taylor on Sept. 14th.

Police confirm the van she and her fiancé traveled in made it back to the neighborhood they lived in.

“Right now, technically, we’re not even sure we have a crime,” said Joshua Taylor, public information officer for the City of North Port. “What we have is a missing person.”

Police took the van, and along with the FBI, are processing it for any clues. Police confirm Laundrie is not talking and not cooperating with the search for Gabby.

“I would say that he’s a person of interest at this point,” Taylor explained. “Again, just because we need to talk to him. We need to rule that out or move forward.”

Fiancé now person of interest in disappearance of North Port woman

Moo...

borndem, catch_22, Chicago54 and 4 others like this.

2. glammistress

glammistress Active Member

Fmr. Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey was just on CNN and said that the parents of BL need to go before a grand jury now to lock in their testimony. He said that law enforcement was basically messing around with them and wasting time until the grand jury happens.

Also, how does the FBI not have *any* of the cellphones of BL or GP?

3. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

I know LE has countless leads, but with BL having a head-start on getting ahead of the search, I think he could be anywhere in America at this point. He could have thrown a dart at the map and gone to the town it landed on. How would LE know to track him there? If he uses a cell phone or banking system, then I’d imagine he could be tracked. But with covid, if he has money he could just sit in a motel and order delivery for everything he needs. All this to say, I’m hopeful LE has some concrete leads and I would also understand if he’s hard to find. All JMO.

4. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

If NPPD had been watching BL (as they claim), he wouldn't have been able to disappear the way he has.

If NPPD had BL under surveillance, they would know where he is.

This is CYA tactics.

Chelly, JudgeJudi, JaneEyre and 22 others like this.
  5. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

I was wondering if makeshift grave meant that the last person who had seen her had tried to dig a shallow grave. Perhaps I'm taking the word grave too literally.

6. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

I would be a decent amount of money that there was an existing camp site there that had been used before the van was ever nearby. Ime, you have to be pretty of the beaten track to have to build your own camp from scratch. jmo.

B4igo2it, Which_pancake and LAhiker like this.
  7. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

If they were told he was open to coming out - for whatever reason, to try to salvage the destruction of the past or to actually "help", I could potentially see the FBI wanting to assess his demeanor - check his body language. I can't see the FBI needing his help after 3 weeks when they have had the best of the best in there daily not only searching, but diving, and with air support - drones. The FBI knows he is not there. MOO.

8. EvieIvyOver

EvieIvyOver Former Member

My post was a response to another member's post questioning taking everything the parents say as fact. Unless they have some information we don't, it hasn't yet been established this was a murder. (I deleted my comment because when I wrote it, I hadn't yet read the moderators instruction that DV is not to be discussed. Oops!)

9. Angels Advocate

Angels Advocate Former Member

Websleuther @TheGardener knows a lot about this. He posted about it in earlier threads.

10. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Yes, there too, I should say the AT. But it's soon going to be cold and uncomfortable for him there unless he has shelter somewhere. I do not think he's dead.

I think you're right. An attempt to bury her, maybe with rocks and debris but not a deep grave that was dug. JMO

11. simon magus

simon magus Well-Known Member

imo, SB is also his source for the supposed campsite at the reserve; despite the "headline" on the tweet that has been posted which reads "law enforcement says...", cuomo says in the video embedded in the tweet that a "source close to the family has told me that law enforcement says"...

12. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

And, to further your statements, SB is well aware of the 'potential' need for them to CYA.

13. ringbearer

ringbearer Former Member

I don't disagree that they may have wanted to sus the dad out and that was the reason he was there. I just don't think that happened all of a sudden because his lawyer texted to the media about it. That's all I meant.

14. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Ok, thanks.
    I was also waiting for msm to pick up on this just in case there was anything there.

Simply Southern likes this.
  15. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

Hi Shotgun - may I ask who is SB?

shotgun09 likes this.
  16. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

It just seemed to me it happened all so quickly. They found her and then nothing else was reported that I saw. It seemed the coroner left quickly with her. I don't know and that's why I'm asking those questions. In other cases the crime scene in usually searched and worked for days. And maybe this was and I just missed it.

B4igo2it, vls12345, tiara1972 and 4 others like this.
  17. Angels Advocate

Angels Advocate Former Member

@TheGardener has read the things BL read and wrote about it, and gave his take on the whole thing. It was very, very interesting. I don't want to misquote here. Let's wait until @TheGardener comes on and we can find out.

18. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

MOO, they're doing damage control in anticipation of a possible civil suit. They're concerned it could be coming, rightfully so, IMO. Moab police should be too if the discrepancies which we know from the published police report and body cam 2 get followed up on. Officer Pratt's body cam is NOT consistent with his report.

He is heard telling Gabby he has witnesses saying BL slapped her and in his report he states there were no reports that the male struck the female. We've posted both multiple times here. And, another poster also posted an official government link showing he changed the report. Something is up with that too. MOO. JMO

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  19. EvieIvyOver

EvieIvyOver Former Member

For it to be a previous site that some one else had set up, it looks like those prior campers would have had to park in the same spot where the van was spotted, doesn't it? Or else their walk would have been even further.

20. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

Steve Bertolini, the Laundrie family attorney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.