Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydailyopinions

mydailyopinions Well-Known Member

What if Brian is doing what no one expects?
    This!
    Because everyone expects him to be in the wild.
    BL could be Steve eating at a fine restaurant with his next victim and we are searching trails and swamps!

2. esayer

esayer Well-Known Member

Yep I imagine he threw away the tent, sleeping bags and phones...until we hear where the tent is, I keep imagining it's missing. I keep thinking that's where it went down..in the tent. IMO.

Knowing what I know from watching 'See No Evil' the TV show, LE probably has footage of brian at gas stations, maybe at various points around the Teton/Yellowstone area, and they might have to search through wherever they bring trash from those parks.

3. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Looking at BL hiking photos I noticed bare feet, black tennis shoes and flip flops. When we hike we wear boots or rubber boots. I think it’s odd. JMOO parents aren’t panicking either they are happy he is gone or know where he is. Gardening? Really? Hiding in plain sight? No friends on TV or bringing food or helping? Was just thinking how I would be beside my friends if they had a loved one missing

4. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

5. JerseyWasHome2

JerseyWasHome2 Well-Known Member

True, but given the size of that area? You could be 1 mile away and not see the buzzards. And maybe an alligator stepped in quickly. That’s why I’m thinking they must have signs he’s there, but then why aren’t they searching in full force daily? When they’ve recently said, “The water has receded, so we are able to search other areas” doesn’t that mean he would have possibly been stuck in an area with no escape route for weeks, hence possibly dead?

LAhiker, AnnaGrace, SandSage and 4 others like this.
  6. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Camping out in the Ramble?

Trooper and Simply Southern like this.
  7. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Don't mess with the steel trap mind that is our Alethea!

8. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

We spend plenty of time outdoors, but FL might as well be another planet as far as my knowledge goes. I thought that the environmental factors there would only speed up the process, but I'd love to hear someone with some expertise or even just a more educated opinion chime in on this. Do we have anybody here that knows?

Trooper likes this.
  9. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Moo... They spend possibly millions looking for BL and did little to look for GP. They couldn't keep eyes on BL after the missing person report and the van was impounded.

Moo...this is so wrong, just wrong. They should have put their faith in GPs family. GPs mother said, she knew GP was no longer with us, when the van was found, no GP and BL had lawyered up. Her words haunt me.

10. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

Not primarily real estate, at all. MOO since we are NOT allowed to sleuth him here or share what we do know about him.

newsreader25 likes this.
  11. Balthazar

Balthazar Well-Known Member

BL worked at Publix which regularly discards out of date/wilted food. He knows when the store he worked at does that. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he is collecting food from dumpsters behind grocery stores. Hopefully the police are watching for this but with all the focus on the wilderness areas, they may not have been watching for this.

12. NCWatcher

NCWatcher Well-Known Member

I'm not the person who posted recently on this issue. But I can tell you why I have wondered.

First, it seemed odd to me GP's name wouldn't be mentioned in the indictment. Maybe it wasn't odd but it seemed so to me.

Second, I'm used to attorneys choosing words carefully ("It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.") So did the attorney mean it was GP's account or did he mean it was a card for someone else's account that GP was authorized to use? Maybe others don't care and that's fine. But either way it would have reasonable to call the card "Gabby's card." And BL wouldn't have been legally authorized to use it either way. But in my mind, there is a slight question about the details. Since we have so few details from authorities, it would be nice if the ones we think we have were pinned down 100%, especially for things than can be pinned down.
    JMO

LAhiker, ctmom, tiara1972 and 2 others like this.
  13. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

OK, sorry for the misunderstanding.

14. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Not sure how social they were to begin with and according to the daughter, while they owned this house, they did not move into it until 2020, so they have only been there about a year and a half. They were still in NY until then. Bet they wish they had never left NY. jmo

B4igo2it, Trooper, LAhiker and 5 others like this.
  15. whiterhino

whiterhino Well-Known Member

In my defense I'm not from FL and have no idea what kinds of predators are common in the areas being searched. Assuming snakes, gators, other reptiles, insects etc.

No sense in looking for that kind of thing now anyway but earlier in the search might have been helpful. Also, maybe the absence of any evidence is telling??

16. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Yes, I've always thought he's tucked away cozy like. Perhaps some remote hunting cabin in upper NY, courtesy of some family associate or relative.

Amateur opinion or speculation

17. JerseyWasHome2

JerseyWasHome2 Well-Known Member

I seem to recall the family did report him missing because they were concerned he may hurt himself. I can’t find an approved news site quickly to cite but if you Google “Brian Laundrie parents concerned hurt himself” there are many sources including some ABC news sites and Yahoo news, who used that comment in their articles, but I don’t know if they’re approved here.

18. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

Shoot up and zombie games are a billion dollar industry so I dont equate reading horror, games...or crime novels with the ability to kill. If that were so...we'd be in very big trouble. Patricia Cornwell pretty graph. And the games....awful.

19. cady

cady Well-Known Member

20. khaki

khaki Well-Known Member

If you google "location where Gabby was found" and then click on images, you can see lots of images/photos/maps and in various degrees of close-up versus aerial view.

LadyL, Blue Amethyst, LAhiker and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.