Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that there is anything in the works to put the skids on SB? I just keep feeling he is out of his league, and it is going to catch up with him.

I think it's up to him to decide what to do. Attorneys are not really tightly regulated in the United States once they are admitted to practice law. They make you jump through a lot of hoops up front (law school, JD, bar exam, bar admission, federal court admission) but once you are in, you just pay your yearly fee and keep up with your continuing education credits. There's no one really checking your work as long as you don't get any disciplinary complaints.

Again, I understand what you are saying. But there are 100 counties in NC. So lots of sheriff's offices. (Not all sightings have been in the AT part of the state although many have been.) Plus police departments in cities/ towns. I'm just not sure who the NC spokesperson would be to say "hey, we've got this." Maybe the FBI? But they are saying zilch.
JMO
yeah, i getcha...... it is just so hard not to try grabbing at straws....

It’s still hot and very humid and rainy- all speed decomposition - iMO - I researched two body farm websites that specialize in tracking this - if he went into that preserve 9/12 - and was exposed all this time? Sigh… but I expect he’s ha going in the AC somewhere north of FL these days
JMO

He very well could be in there deceased. I don't see him going to a doctor if he did get bit by a rattle or coral snake, not to mention the cottonmouths and the copperheads. Its why I don't think he was ever there and if he was he left soon after he arrived.

It depends what the person knows. The statute says knowing someone has committed an offense against the United States. If BL murdered Gabby, it happened around 8/30. So if the person accused of helping BL escape knew he participated in her murder, he's still assisting someone who committed an offense against the United States (murder) even if it has not been charged yet.

I do think you would eventually have to have underlying charges for this charge so if BL was found dead, I think they would have to find a different way to charge anyone who helped them. But if BL is found and then charged with murder, the people helping him couldn't say "Oh but he wasn't charged yet" since the actual crime was committed on 8/30 (or whenever it happened).

I think that makes sense? I am tired so sorry if my answers aren't super clear.

If his parents were to report him missing rather than unavailable for comment, would I be correct in assuming that LE would be need information on bank accounts, devices and some discussion about his frame of mind before he became a missing person?

I think it's up to him to decide what to do. Attorneys are not really tightly regulated in the United States once they are admitted to practice law. They make you jump through a lot of hoops up front (law school, JD, bar exam, bar admission, federal court admission) but once you are in, you just pay your yearly fee and keep up with your continuing education credits. There's no one really checking your work as long as you don't get any disciplinary complaints.

Agree. I think he's boxed himself in more than once and had to get himself out of it more than once with his public texts. I wouldn't risk this if I were him. I'd have passed this along to someone else long ago and I'd withdraw before "I" ended up needing a lawyer (I know you know what I mean here). MOO

am sure you are right............ i am just also absorbed in the Murdaugh case, where lawyers are being fired and disbarred!!!!!

Do you think that there is anything in the works to put the skids on SB? I just keep feeling he is out of his league, and it is going to catch up with him.
I agree that SB may well be way out of his league. It wasn't news all over the world when SB took on the Laundries. He may well have had zero experience with this kind of stuff and could easily have offered ill-advice. He would surely have received more expert guidance by now and hence be changing strategy in some regards. I hope so for everyones sake.

I'm probably in the minority but I think he's dead.

For the first couple of weeks I thought he was definitely dead but I just get the feeling (based on no evidence) that there wouldn't be such a big search effort if they thought they were looking for a dead body.

When his parents said he was missing I thought they were going to find him dead not far from one of the trails.

I keep circling back to a lot of things, but right now I’m still wondering why he isn’t listed as a missing person. Supposedly no posters up anywhere, as far as I’ve read. Even if the LE is certain he’s in that god awful swamp, it’s not a cage… he could leave, return, etc. Even if they don’t feel he’s a danger to anyone else, no nothing about him to alert locals who may not follow the news?
More interestingly, he never was on FBI site and there were these back and forth timelines of when they took over. MOO

As far as I know, there is no attorney of record listed on the indictment for the fraud case, for BL. The prosecutor is named. Has that changed? Dunno. SB is not his attorney for the Federal Fraud case. JMO
I guess bc there was no appearance. MOO

It depends what the person knows. The statute says knowing someone has committed an offense against the United States. If BL murdered Gabby, it happened around 8/30. So if the person accused of helping BL escape knew he participated in her murder, he's still assisting someone who committed an offense against the United States (murder) even if it has not been charged yet.

I do think you would eventually have to have underlying charges for this charge so if BL was found dead, I think they would have to find a different way to charge anyone who helped them. But if BL is found and then charged with murder, the people helping him couldn't say "Oh but he wasn't charged yet" since the actual crime was committed on 8/30 (or whenever it happened).

I think that makes sense? I am tired so sorry if my answers aren't super clear.

Thank you, you are making enough sense to educate my non legal mind! I may have to go back and dbm some of my prior musings, lol.

I'm probably in the minority but I think he's dead. The amount of land alone in that area is insane. Add in the flooding, etc...

I'm still waiting for the poll of if people think he's dead or alive
I'm in that minority with you. My best guess is that there was a weapon involved in GP's death and that's what they think he killed himself with, or just disposed of it over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer