Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, went back and edited.
This is interesting.
I'll check for a link.
I'd initially thought his parents reported Brian missing and someone else corrected my post and said it was the lawyer and I think I've seen it in msm.
Will return if I find something.
It might have been speculation ?
Imo.

I found a tweet from Brian Entin's page, dated Sept 17th. This was during the time of LE/FBI visit at the Laundry home.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
Sep 17
Breaking from the attorney for Brian Laundrie: “Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown. The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian.”

It isn’t unusual and luckily not everyone dies. Not everyone intentionally falls but jumpers aren’t terribly unusual. The rescue crews in western North Carolina are well trained, help each other, and stay busy. They risk their lives for people who sometimes make stupid choices. A rescue squad member in my area recently died trying to save someone who entered a dangerous waterfall. People often pay no attention to warning signs.

Most often it is tourists who do not understand the danger, but in the area where the body was found yesterday you have to consider there’s a university nearby with a reputation of being a bit of a party school. Of course not all of the deaths are associated with partying or even carelessness. There have been many over the years who disappeared on purpose, some were depressed. Like everyplace else, there are tons of reasons deaths happen (even an occasional murder) but it isn’t uncommon.

jmo

edited a few words for clarity
Whoever the Wautaga, North Carolina hiker turns out to be, they may have taken one step too far. I'm curious if they had a car parked at the scenic overlook, since that is usually how someone would get there in the first place on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I live in East Tennessee in a mountainous area. People fall From cliffs all the time while being reckless. If a sign says "Danger" people will walk right past it, climb over a fence or wall, go right to the edge and fall down a mountainside. Especially on scenic overlooks, people want a selfie to look cool and down they go. Mountain rescue teams risk their lives to save such people every day.

Ok, thanks.
I'm assuming one of her parents had to ID her remains as well ?
:(
I'm thinking her favorite sweatshirt (I too believe it was from NY) as well as her long blonde hair must've been identifying factors for LE in assuming the remains belonged to Gabby. There is a Fox video where an LE source said her remains were not disturbed by wildlife and that is good news if true. However, I've not heard or read anything confirming how far into decomposition her remains were... only guesses and assumptions. IMO, if her remains were decomposed beyond an ability to be recognized so that LE used the sweatshirt, I don't see authorities making a family member view unidentifiable remains unless family specifically requested and... knowing that will be JS's final & lasting image of Gabby, authorities agreed to. jmo

There is a hell of a lot of inexplicable crazy in this whole story... killing Gabby, in a national park, ... stupid, in anyone's world.. brings the Feds on your tail, no burying of the body, stupid, no attempt to even hide Gabby's body... ...
Stealing the bankcard AND THEN USING IT ..a felony, bound to be found out, but topping that rubbishy idea, driving clear across country to Florida, to mum and dad, in a car registered to another person, who cannot be contacted to give permission. ( since she is dead )..

Hiring one of the most peculiar lawyers around to steer the family thru this thing.... crazed.

Getting mum and dad and sis to not answer any phone calls from Gabby's parents. This has a special element of pure idiocy, since it arked up the Petito's to crisis mode almost instantly.

Going camping. I just don't know on what level of sheer brazen cackhanded nonsense this event comes under.. bringing in Cassie and the kids, .. for a last organic melon with Uncle Brian.. I don't know, ,wordless..

Getting all the dates mixed up, first going on a search, then not going , then going... ....

But running with this story, is the mastermind at evasion and survival in difficult terrain, staying ahead of the (some claim ) Worlds Best Criminal Hunters..... wt??

The whole thing is full of too many dropkicks to count.

Exactly, this speaks to so many of us, said so darn well.

The instant he heard that Gabby was missing, he should have given info on where he last saw her, where the camper was, if he truly left her alive , had nothing to do with her death. That he didn’t give any such info is telling as to what likely happened

^— This! … but what if he smacked her around, bruised her up and left her alive… THAT would be very hard to explain to police. The reasonable suspicion of murder would be HUGE! He literally would have implicated himself for murder and would basically have to prove that he DIDN’T kill her. Of course all of the evidence of following events makes him look guilty as hell too. MOO!

Thanks, went back and edited.
This is interesting.
I'll check for a link.
I'd initially thought his parents reported Brian missing and someone else corrected my post and said it was the lawyer and I think I've seen it in msm.
Will return if I find something.
It might have been speculation ?
Imo.
My recollection is also that Atty reported BL missing. I believe that was the same evening that NPPD went to the house and spent several hours. Same evening they went through the mustang.

RSBM

A convoy of unmarked vehicles first followed Christopher and Roberta Laundrie as they left their North Port, Florida home and headed for Orlando earlier this morning. In surreal scenes, undercover agents – believed to be from the FBI – followed the couple into the Orlando Public Library on Thursday and hovered the aisles browsing 80s dance CDs and a Colombian art installation while keeping them under constant surveillance.

Brian Laundrie's parents followed by undercover agents
Yes, but this was a couple of weeks ago. Wondering if they will keep this up. Hard to tell since they never leave the house. I can’t imagine LE resources would allow for them to do it to this extent for an extended period of time IMO.

If BL's parent had no idea what happened or where Gabby was then couldn't they have at least told her parents that?

Surely, it's better than nothing? At that point they must have been aware her parents were frantically trying to get hold of her and were VERY concerned for her safety.

The Laundrie's have their own daughter. All they would have had to do was ask themselves how they would feel. Unfortunately, they don't have to wonder how it feels anymore.

But if they truly do not know what happened, and had an attorney advising them not to speak, why go against that legal advice to give the Ps the unhelpful information that you know nothing? It would just invite more contact from them which the Ls had been advised to avoid. MOO

Last edited:
MOO

I think the Laundries got a voice mail from Gabby's parents. They immediately called Brian to find out what was going on. Based on that call, they then called their lawyer who told them to stay silent.

This makes more sense to me than Brian calling them to fess up.
Believe me when I say, I'm not trying to condemn them. I'm just having a hard time with their initial decision not to talk with the Petito's and try as I might nothing about their silence in the beginning makes sense.

The only conclusion I can draw from it is that perhaps they knew Gabby was no longer alive and their son was possibly responsible.

I'm curious though, why would Brian's parents call him to ask about Gabby, when he was supposedly home already? Do you believe he never came back with them from the DeSoto trip?

Is it safe to say the orange spray painted trees at the crime scene were bullet holes? If so, it begs the question as to whether he had his firearm front the start of the trip or that’s what he went to retrieve at the storage unit. It makes sense to fly home to get it because it would be expensive to purchase and more difficult to buy on the road.

I'm thinking her favorite sweatshirt (I too believe it was from NY) as well as her long blonde hair must've been identifying factors for LE in assuming the remains belonged to Gabby. There is a Fox video where an LE source said her remains were not disturbed by wildlife and that is good news if true. However, I've not heard or read anything confirming how far into decomposition her remains were... only guesses and assumptions. IMO, if her remains were decomposed beyond an ability to be recognized so that LE used the sweatshirt, I don't see authorities making a family member view unidentifiable remains unless family specifically requested and... knowing that will be JS's final & lasting image of Gabby, authorities agreed to. jmo

Agree. The sweatshirt, hair and other circumstantial evidence would be strong enough to preliminarily ID the body. DNA, dental records, etc. would conclusively ID the body shortly thereafter. No need to put the family through additional trauma.

Do you think that if this continues on for awhile, that LE will still keep an eye on the parents? It doesn’t seem like they are surveilling them now (although they don’t leave much). I know there’s a lot we don’t see however.

I'd think the FBI or other LE would have placed GPS trackers on their vehicles by now as part of their surveillance ops.

SBM

Interesting I hadn't heard that.

ETA: Just done a quick search and I can't find that stated anywhere. It always comes up as family or parents reported him missing. Could have just been a rumour?
The original post was mine, with a link.

"(KUTV) — Brian Laundrie, fiancé of missing 22-year-old woman Gabby Petito and person of interest in her case, was reported missing on Friday by his attorney."

Brian Laundrie, fiancé of Gabby Petito, reported missing

Thank you! So a lease rather than rental -- which makes a whole lot more sense. And they wouldn't have been able to trade it in for the van. Just return it at the end of the lease. jmo

eta: actually, is doesn't make much sense to drive a leased vehicle across country either, because you'd exceed your mileage limit pretty darn quick and the extra miles are very expensive, imo. But it's been a while since I've leased a car.
I've been in the automotive sales arena for 38 years. You can trade in a leased vehicle. You actually have many options at end of lease. Trade in, buy it out, sell it on your own, or drop it off (turn it in). As to over mileage, yes, usually 15 cents per mile over mileage charge and it adds up quickly but you can lease with higher mileage paid up front too -- the usually advertised lease deals are 10k-12k per year but I've had customers lease at 20k+ at the get go which is much cheaper than going over miles.

Is it safe to say the orange spray painted trees at the crime scene were bullet holes? If so, it begs the question as to whether he had his firearm front the start of the trip or that’s what he went to retrieve at the storage unit. It makes sense to fly home to get it because it would be expensive to purchase and more difficult to buy on the road.

Nope. I disagree with that theory. Going ALL THE WAY HOME to get a gun? The domestic violence history here indicates rapidly building emotional rage… not “planning of a murder”. Although a gun could have been used, he didn’t need a gun to kill her. MOO

Brian Laundrie, fiancé of Gabby Petito, reported missing
(KUTV) — Brian Laundrie, fiancé of missing 22-year-old woman Gabby Petito and person of interest in her case, was reported missing on Friday by his attorney.
Thank you!

That's taking silence to the extreme! Just bizarre not to report your own son missing.

IIRC I do remember SB was on speakerphone the whole time the FBI were at the Laundries'. Also, IIRC that SB told FBI they would not answer any questions pertaining to Gabby.

I don't think that is safe to say at all. To my knowledge there has been nothing reported that confirmed they are bullet holes. It is just speculation. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998