Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. I was going by the information in the post I was responding to, that appeared to be cited.

So yet more misinformation in this case. Now it is not even a burner and was bought 10 days earlier.

I've actually spent the last while trying to figure out if Gabby was buried or not. There is just no reliable information out there. There is so much we don't know and so much conflicting information.

It is not clear why they did not follow up with the original caller. The original caller left a phone number but was not from Moab. Chris was a local who lived in town and had a Moab address. Sources: 911 call; police report.
I didn't realize this. Do you have a link?

Question for the legal types: if BL were to now reappear and claim the above as his alibi, how would that likely fare legally?

I mean, we all know his behavior since her death is telling, psychologically, but legally would it play any role if he simply attributed his and his parents' lack of appropriate response to "panic" and leaned consistently on the alibi?

TIA for informed opinions.
I would love to hear legal opinions about this.

I wouldn't agree that it rules out a gun, but there's not much to suggest one besides the thorough search of the reserve. Based on his behavior and the quick certainty of the homicide ruling, it had to be something physical. JMO
If she were stabbed, would that be easy to detect after how long her body was out there?

From what I recall, NS stated that GP was expected to return to New York when she submitted the missing person's report. I wondered if it could be that she had to say that in order to file the report in NY, but that is speculation only. I don't recall hearing anything official one way or the other what GP was doing at the conclusion of her trip. MOO
On the missing person report, it says that her Probable Destination was, Mother. I wonder if GP had told her mother she was on her way home!

They must have gone back to the Spread creek campground to stay the night of the 27th.....Bethune video at 6-6:30 ish shows the van parked there. (someone claimed that they saw the van there on the 26th, then said they were not sure of the date). If the van was seen there the 26th, then on the 27th they drove down to Jackson to go to Merry Piglets then back up to the Spread Creek campground and parked in the same spot, right off the road. jmo

Right. Then the elk hunters see the van at Spread Creek on the 29th.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

I’ve been thinking about their plans once they returned to Florida. It’s not that unusual for an engaged couple to live with one of the parents for some time before marriage. It just makes sense sometimes for a number of reasons. A new bride and groom though? - No. Gabby was coming into her own. Really feeling herself as a grown woman. She was ready for their own place. To make their own home and household where they would set their own rules. Gabby could buy and decorate how she wanted. Most young women in her place would have had something like a hope chest, saving for years the special and favored items to make their home. Where are these things Gabby expected to come home to?
I get your point - I had something similar. However, I think today's 20 somethings live and think differently. Those I know tend to live in the moment and don't have much thought to the future. Also, they lease or rent most things, whereas, we used to save to buy.

Last edited:
I've made it through all sorts of trauma, but not as bad as many posters here. Yet, not once in a little long ago pushing and shoving has anyone ever grabbed my face. You can't even do that to a dog without consequences.
100%. My parents didn't even do that to me when I was a kid. Abuse 100%. IMO it's like trying to force someone to shut up. Poor Gabby was too young and innocent to know that was a terrible sign. IMO

I removed my post, because I am not sure. But I still believe that that one audio of a call, indicated that the woman was slapping the man.

The article states:
"The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him," the report said. "He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver’s door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off."

"A responding officer initially wrote that he believes "it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female," but later wrote that "no one reported that the male struck the female."

confusing ....when you listen to the one audio call, i know...

So, if it happened quickly without screaming and other noise, and not with a gun, what does that leave? If death was almost instantaneous, there would not be a lot of blood spatter or even pooling. If no blood evidence at all, likely strangulation or smothering.......which take a long time. jmo
Hammer or Mallet. Another possibility is a stone. Another possibility is that there was an argument, he pushed her and she fell, striking her head on a rock.

If she were stabbed, would that be easy to detect after how long her body was out there?
That would depend on several factors (where, what type of weapon, if the weapon was present, etc). I just don't think he used a weapon at all. Unless he were using it for another task when they began fighting, it just doesn't fit with the fly off the handle personality he showed at Merry Pigs. JMO

The parents' backpedaling on that point suggests he's still alive, or at least he was at the time of that "clarification." Otherwise, I can't see it mattering much.
Because media was there and had footage of the Mustang in/not in the driveway that did not match up with the original dates released by SB prompted the correction to the dates IMO

LE didn't seem to have any trouble at all determining stab and gunshot wounds to Gannon Stauch 2 months after he was murdered and stuffed into a suitcase. found many states away near a river in the FLA panhandle. . (see GS thread, and AA for Letecia). But I admit being outside is a different story, if she was not buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks