Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I read in an article the property handed over was a van key.

2. Mitch1

Mitch1 Well-Known Member

I have been trying to think of a case where someone has lawyered up about a week before anyone even knows anything has happened-and yes, I realize we don’t know the exact date of when he retained his attorney! I feel like it’s some sort of true crime precedent at this point.

3. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

4. prblythe

prblythe Well-Known Member

I'm presuming innocence until proven otherwise or more facts come out. He should be a reasonable suspect but I'm not leaning one way or the other.

scout35, r131313, neesaki and 4 others like this.
  5. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Jmo
    I think they fought a lot!

men are abused also!
    My son was!

so I remain on the fence here!
    I’ve seen this behavior all before!

Could him getting a lawyer so soon be because of maybe messages left by her family! Maybe he felt the need to protect himself. .

What I find odd is….
    If he harmed her why didn’t he leave the van there sayshe left him abd took off. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Why drive it home abs park it in your driveway?

this makes no sense

BluesClues0, neesaki, samsmom and 3 others like this.
  6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

SEP 17, 2021
    Utah sheriff ‘actively' investigating possible connection between Gabby Petito disappearance and double murder (fox13news.com)
    [...]

Laundrie returned home to North Port, where the couple's trip began, on Sept. 1 with Petito's white van, but without Petito.

Schmidt received a text from Petito's phone on Aug. 27 and another one on Aug. 30, but she does not think these texts were from her daughter.

"I believe that text was not from my daughter. Now that we know the van was in Florida on the 1st, there is no way that text was from my daughter," Schmidt told Fox News.

[...]

7. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

I was just searching FB and saw a photo tagged with Jenny Lake. It's that same antler arch thing we've seen in photos with Suzanne and Barry Morphew. Completely unrelated to this case, but it kind of freaked me out.

8. lucymoosey

lucymoosey Member

I am wayy behind (still reading thread #5) so I apologize if this has been brought up already.
    I only had time to watch 1/2 of the police body cam, but a few things that BL said that stuck out for me:

1) When asked BL said they were traveling for 4-5 months. They were only travelling since July 2nd, barely over a month.
    2) BL mentioned they were heading up to Oregon to do "Wwoofing"- anyone hear him say that? I looked it up, its basically unpaid volunteer work on an organic farm, where you learn organic farming techniques. I hadn't hear that brought up at all, just heard GP's family say they were going to see a relative/friend in Oregon at the end of the trip. Not sure how this factors in, just bringing it up- was this BL's idea, or GP's idea, organic farming? Here's a link I found about it: World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms | WWOOF
    3) the "I don't have a phone" piece- and I know further discussion came up out of that. He may have "needed" her phone as a hotspot if the "phone" he was carrying did not have its own data plan- could have been his motivation to "keep" her phone on him on trip home to Florida. A phone with no data plan is useless for GPS/map, emergencies. He may have had her phone on him all the way home to Florida, IMO.

9. Starglaze

Starglaze Active Member

Hello! New to the forum here, which I have been following. I just wanted to mention that it occurred to me that LE can review interstate webcam info possibly. I did a quick internet search and there are interstate webcams in Casper, WY and the Colorado state line, for example. While it would take a great deal of time and effort reviewing footage, there is a possibility of putting together a timeline of the van traveling back to Florida. I'm not sure one would be able to determine who is in the van, but the van should be able to be identified. IMO, this may already be occurring. IMO, this could narrow down certain areas for search and rescue.

10. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

This is a pretty huge tip and really the first public concrete suggestion of where she was last seen after the last known whereabouts previously. At least LE and all of the agencies have another search area now.

La Louve, Quiche, j_in_c and 20 others like this.
  11. prblythe

prblythe Well-Known Member

Most of the time it is the narcissistic that try to prove themselves on the world stage. Some enjoying the lime light others trying to falsely prove innocence. I. Not reading this on this guy. It just seems he is freaking out about it like all are. I would problby do the same

edit...hold the press.. where is the source for lawering up before missing report?

12. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

What do you base that on?

What do you base that on?

13. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

It would make a lot more sense to do what he’s done if he thought he was suspected of more than just GP’s disappearance.

14. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Protesters have been gathering outside Brian Laundrie’s Florida home brandishing signs saying “Speak up” amid his silence over the disappearance of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito.

The sign-carrying protesters gathered outside Laundrie’s home Thursday as they chanted, “Where’s Gabby?,” while others circled the area on golf carts, footage obtained by Fox Newsshows.

In addition to the “Speak up” sign, other placards read: “Truth always comes out! #Justiceforgabby” and “Would she bring you home?”

Another protest is planned outside the home Friday evening.
    Protesters outside Brian Laundrie’s home chant 'Where's Gabby?'

15. I wonder

I wonder Well-Known Member

In the unlikely event that Brian may be reading this, he should know that it's not too late to do the right thing. He can still make a huge difference to how this ends. It's easy to be overwhelmed by over protective and/or pushy parents especially in really painful circumstances. They mean well, but they are only thinking of him. Gabby isn't their responsibility, you are. But he did and does have a responsibility to her. Whatever has happened, it will be better if Brian helps.

His parents may argue that if she is dead, that there's no point wrecking his life too. But they're wrong. It already has wrecked his life. He has to live with himself and if he feels any remorse whatsoever it will destroy him. He will live the rest of his life knowing that people at the very least know he left a vulnerable young woman behind and at worse believe he killed her.

He can mitigate this by telling LE - EVERYTHING HE KNOWS/SUSPECTS/FEARS.

I hate using this phrase, but Brian needs to man up, behave like the adult he is and help find Gabby. It doesn't matter if his parents think it's a bad idea. He's a grown up. He should make his own decisions. He loves/loved her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

Nothing breaks that sort of love overnight. Whether he made a terrible mistake in the heat of the moment, left her safe and sound and is as confused as the rest of us or intentionally did an horrific thing, Gabby deserves to be found and not left somewhere to decompose and be eaten by wild animals. Gabby deserves better. So do her family. Her mum,dad and brother are distraught. He achieves nothing by hiding under his mum's skirts and is causing unspeakable pain to people he knew well and intended to become his family too.

La Louve, dcfi224, bnan and 30 others like this.
  16. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Also:

We’re also hearing there may be more witness sightings of Petito in the Jenny Lake area on Aug. 25.

Anyone with info can visit tips.fbi.gov or call 1-800-CALL-FBI.

17. Angelcat13

Angelcat13 Well-Known Member

I am very far behind on this thread, so please excuse me if this has already been mentioned. In case there is a link between BL and the dead women, do the police have a description of the "creeper" the women had previously complained about? If so, is it possible that the police may have been overly concerned with BL's scratches because they may have felt he could be the "creeper"?

Pipsissiway_Potts likes this.
  18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Welcome to Websleuths, Starglaze! :)

La Louve, NoSI, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

20. Theswt1

Theswt1 Active Member

Unfortunately, it’s getting a little late in the game for this to be a reasonable explanation.
    When you think about her:
    • the need for water, food, shelter
    • add in her routine of reaching out to her mother every 6-10 days
    • her previous travel experience
    • the abrupt end to documenting on social media
    this is really looking like a homicide (not necessarily murder) investigation. With the Laundrie family’s odd behavior pushing it towards a murder investigation.

sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.