Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adh1117

adh1117 Active Member

AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

Where is this piece of info coming from? Has this been confirmed?

TimesEight, MadMcGoo, LeeAnnB and 4 others like this.

2. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

You have to remember survival instinct kicks in. If an individual is hypothetically an abuser….knows what they are doing is wrong. They just don’t care. It’s get that phony charming mask on and quick or end up in jail on a domestic violence charge. I don’t know the laws out there but I do know in Cali if a domestic violence 911 call goes out…..someone always goes to jail(very strict laws there). If not both parties(depending on the situation). Also if he truly is an abuser. I suspect this isn’t the first time there has been a knock out-drag out and he has to put that charming mask on in 2.5 secs flat to prevent others from getting involved/or LE. Abusers have an amazing ability to do whatever it takes in no time to continue the behavior.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  3. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Having a hard time getting up to speed on this case because the threads are moving so fast.

I had read that GP’s Mom had said she was unsure if the last texts she received were actually from Gabby, because she didn’t literally speak with her. Does she now say that she definitely feels they were not from her daughter? Thanks.

Seenit likes this.
  4. fr brown

fr brown Well-Known Member

I know he's home and she's not. I know he hired a lawyer. I didn't think I needed to repeat all that in my post.

angelina1, thor124, Jealoushe and 2 others like this.
  5. CuriousBystander

CuriousBystander Well-Known Member

First time chiming in here on this case -

No doubt there would be friction among the occupants of a "seemingly too small to live in" van on a cross country voyage. No doubt that could develop into a "mental breakdown" or whatever we choose to call having a fit, tantrum, meltdown, argument, or lapse in judgement these days. So things weren't perfect. At the end of the day, my money is on BL. Last to be seen with her, not cooperating, timeline toward the end...these are all too much to ignore. Guy loves girl, guy lives with girl, guy proposes to girl and they intend to marry, guy takes girl on long trip, guy comes home like everything is ok...no girl. To me what we see as a delay by BL to come forward is probably a delay so that adequate time can be spent planning either an alibi or the prior stages of a plea bargain. Does he wait until she's found until he makes his move or does he go ahead and divulge the location now and use it to negotiate. Either way he knows everything and you can take that to the bank. If she had covid, suicide, attacked by a bear, left of her own free will...whatever...he would come clean. What's the one thing that would make a person not talk? Guilt.

6. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

In my home, where there was abuse, we kids hid everything out of our mama’s shame and embarrassment. That’s how we were guided. She blamed herself for the domestic violence or why else would she have stayed with a man who would beat her in front of her children? No one would understand. She didn’t even understand.

7. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Check out @oviedo's timeline I quoted below for 9/1. I know there is a link somewhere but I am working right now and will have to look for it later

Seenit and Yellow Rose like this.
  8. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Does it appear that Gabby was omitting details about the relationship struggles in communications with her parents? I wonder how everyone felt about the engagement and calling it off. Most parents have an opinion about their children’s partners. Was Gabby always a free spirit that went her own way, without family influence? Did she have a direction on her own, or was her adult life always intertwined with what BL’s plans were?

Seenit, imstilla.grandma and Lavendi like this.
  9. builder

builder Well-Known Member

Just thinking out loud here, if it is true they were in Grand Teton, around the end of August, hundreds of people could have seen them. I can only hope more people will come forward and contact the FBI and report whatever they might have seen. Grand Teton is going to difficult to search.
    IMO

La Louve, Quiche, Cindizzi and 8 others like this.
  10. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I shared the story on Facebook and when I was doing it I got an alert that there had been a over 1000 posts tagged with #GabbyPetito. No doubt way higher.

It’s a distinctive little vehicle and I bet lots of people noticed it and will remember. I don’t use social media too much and my profiles are locked down, so I made the post public to hopefully add to the thousands who are trying to make people aware. It was a long trip from Wyoming to Florida — more people must have seen the camper.

Even if BL did work on the camper, it doesn’t belong to him. If they can show that he was involved in her disappearance, and I’m not sure what they would need short of a body with evidence, he should be arrested for vehicle theft to keep him in jail or at least close to home.

The best evidence for now might be what they find inside the camper, but I’ll bet they had it detailed as soon as he got home, or even on the way back. He is such a callous individual.

jmo

Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park

11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

12. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

Could LE have told the family about the BL flight back to FL? MOO

Seenit and Herat like this.
  13. prblythe

prblythe Well-Known Member

Yes, the one i'm referring to. Every one was ready to hang him from the nearest noose before any actual facts came out. And that took her coming home. One can only hope that with reports of mental instability this might be.

EDIT.. he also lawyerd up very early and it made others suspicious.

14. nimaathep

nimaathep Active Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  15. Raccoon

Raccoon Active Member

What was the purpose of BL going home to Florida for several days before flying back?

I saw a snippet that it was thought he moved he and GP’s belongings out of his parents home and put them in storage (while GP was staying in a hotel in Utah). Has this been confirmed?

Thinking the timing of this trip after the murders of the 2 women, is odd. Not saying they had any specific involvement but just seems off, IMO.

16. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

No. That's a reporter's comment about what happened. There is no direct quote from the witness.

mlhenn likes this.
  17. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

I even tried on my phone to see what happens if I misspell yellowstone and could I get yosemite.
    I didn't work for me.
    Could someone who typed Yosemite a lot into their phone previously...could it show up as a predictive text?

18. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone can shed light on this:
    I heard it mentioned that if sending an SMS message, it will continue to try and send without a signal. If the last text from her phone was sent say on 8/28 from a dead zone, could it wind up sending on 8/30? Would phone records show the day the text was initiated as opposed to the date it actually went through? Meaning if BL sent the message from her phone purposely in a dead zone before he left for Florida, could he have been halfway home before the text message actually sent?

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That might have been normal for them.

Also, gotta’ get that next vlog done!

TimesEight and TennesseeGal like this.
  20. adh1117

adh1117 Active Member

AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE

Why did the couple call LE on 8/25? She had not yet been reported missing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.