Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know about the Uber Eats pizza because HER FATHER told us that HE ordered a pizza for Gabby while she was in the SLC hotel and Brian was in Florida. He did it because her social media communications were down.
where did you get that?

For the timeline:

9:52 AM MDT September 17, 2021

Gabby Petito: Missing woman was seen in Colorado in July | 9news.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo — A Florida woman whose disappearance has made national headlines visited an Old Colorado City pizzeria during a recent trip to Colorado Springs, the restaurant announced Thursday.

Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito "visited Slice420 in Old Colorado City around July 8, 2021, during her visit to Colorado Springs, and should we find that we have any information that may be relevant to this missing person investigation, we will share that with law enforcement immediately," a statement on the restaurant's Facebook page reads.

"Our hearts are absolutely broken for Gabby’s friends and family as they search for her, and our entire team is praying without end that she is located safely and reunited with those who love her very soon."

The response came after a video on Petito's Instagram page surfaced showing her opening a Slice420 pizza box while in Old Colorado City. The timestamp says the video is from 10 weeks ago. Petito's Instagram also shows her visiting the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fox13news/status/1438866332309721091
In response to the article’s statement above (not to any WS member):

IF we base it solely on the police report and body camera footage, it was concluded as Gabby being the aggressor (for THIS sole incident).
The police report includes the witness’s statement stating, he was not entirely sure what he had seen.

Abuse is wrong to say the least…whether it’s the male or female identified as the aggressor. IMO. We honestly don’t know what other incidents similar to this one has happened (if any).
And regardless of who was in the wrong, it boils down to the fact that Gabby is missing and needs to be found.

Well put. Gabby needs to be found.

The police report states "“No one reported that the male struck the female." There was more than one report (Gabby and the witness) that she struck him. But the whole thing strikes me as two not-yet-mature people, one or both of whom have mental health issues, in a stressful situation. What I don't see, AT THIS POINT, is proof of a pattern of abusive control by Brian that strongly supports the theory that he murdered her. We may find out that was the case, but at this point, suggestions one way or the other are more a product of people projecting their opinions about domestic violence, one way or the other, rather than what we know about what happened in this case.

I think this is a more than a case of “he just left her”. The area that they would have been in (approaching Yellowstone from the West entrance) is a very well traveled area. LE should be able to easily confirm if they went through the west entrance into the park. That being said, I don’t understand how he could just leave her and we’d be at this point.

Let’s say they were camping in a tent and he gets up and leaves with the van in the middle of the night. If there was nobody in the immediate area, she would have definitely been able to walk or hike somewhere (if she wasn’t incapacitated in some way) and come across someone to ask for help.

How else does someone just leave someone? Let’s say they’re on a hike. Does he just mad dash back to the vehicle and take off without her? Doubt it, but even so there would eventually be someone who came across her.

Same if he would have driven off while she’s in a porta potty. There are lots and lots of tourists through Yellowstone (been there a few times) and she would have been able to cross paths eventually with someone to ask for help so I don’t think he simply left her.

It’s more plausible that he pushed her off an edge somewhere and he’s totally done for because even IF it were an accident, who in their right mind just leaves and goes home and acts like she never existed?? This guy is something else.

I just find it really odd that when questioned on the 12th, they both said they did not have money for a hotel and that is why the police made arrangements for Brian. And then 5 days later she is in a hotel and he is on a plane??
I agree red, something really really strange about this whole situation

You don't think the DV incident is important given the fact that BL ended up abandoning Gabby, God knows where, just like he was trying to do in Moab?
It's only important if it shows that BL had a pattern of abusive control over GP. The incident is far too ambiguous to know if this is true.

I just find it really odd that when questioned on the 12th, they both said they did not have money for a hotel and that is why the police made arrangements for Brian. And then 5 days later she is in a hotel and he is on a plane??
Yup…

it’s possible her parents paid for the hotel because they knew there was something going on with the relationship and wanted to give her a break…(or they didn’t want her staying in a van alone while he was gone, I guess)

I do get the feeling there’s a lot more background to this - that both families have info about the state of the relationship - which may be why the police have asked them not to discuss it ‍♀️

Well, quite a case we've got here. I thought a lot about it over the past few days, chewing on various theories, some very outlandish. This is the best I can come up with:

1) Gabby and Brian have yet another fight, with G daring B to ride away (she was afraid he would back in Moab?)

2) Brian called her bluff and took off in the van.

3) After a couple of hours regret and worry set in. He tries to call Gabi, but she went off the grid <modsnip - no link>

4) After possibly an entire day spent trying to reach/find her, he gives up and drives home

5) Gabi met her demise either by accident (e.g. falling down a ravine) or at the hands of a complete stranger

Now, I have absolutely no clue what could possibly justify the total radio silence from the Laundrie family.

Why would she dare him to do something she was terrified he would do? That makes no sense accept to victim blame.

Phew this thread moves FAST!

It may have been mentioned but there are definitely discrepancies between the police report and the actual body cam footage.

BL says GP was punching him in the arm while he was driving. GP denies that and I believe her. I believe he was "piling on" once he realized HE wasn't the one in trouble. His demeanor, in my opinion, is extremely odd given the circumstances of the day. He's smiling (oddly) and at several points laughing and trying to be "chums" with the officers. It's beyond being polite or nervous. GP also is not "hysterical" the entire time. She seems pretty composed particularly under the circumstances. This looks like gaslighting to me.

It's very odd to me that GP did not call her parents. Even if she didn't want to tell them she was upset or what happened. They seem like a close family. She would want to hear a familiar and loving voice amidst the chaos of what she was living.

Also, it is 100% possible for a larger person to restrain a smaller person and for the smaller person to lash out and leave marks on the larger person restraining them. The smaller person would have no marks. Not saying BL had restrained GP but he certainly was trying to prevent her from entering the van which is not OK. She was frantic trying to get in. He portrays this to LE that he was trying to deescalate the situation by "walking away" but he DIDN'T walk away. He was going to DRIVE away and leave GP with no transportation or even any of her belongings. I do not see this as him being the better or more level headed person. I see this as him actually ESCALATING the situation and hurting GP as much as possible by deserting her. It is also extremely controlling.

Lastly, GP clearly indicated that BL DID put his hands on her. He grabbed her face and held her head.

Volatile relationship for sure. BL, in my opinion, is not level headed or the nice, friendly, jovial fellow he attempts to portray with LE. He has ZERO remorse for any of his actions. He says "sorry" about speeding. And for what it's worth the speeding and hitting the curb was the reason for the pull over, right? Yet, none of that was addressed or cited by LE.

I concur. One of the fastest moving threads I’ve ever seen on here(granted I’ve only been on here a few years). I think I’ve only ever seen the Delphi threads move faster.

For the timeline:

9:52 AM MDT September 17, 2021

Gabby Petito: Missing woman was seen in Colorado in July | 9news.com

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo — A Florida woman whose disappearance has made national headlines visited an Old Colorado City pizzeria during a recent trip to Colorado Springs, the restaurant announced Thursday.

Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito "visited Slice420 in Old Colorado City around July 8, 2021, during her visit to Colorado Springs, and should we find that we have any information that may be relevant to this missing person investigation, we will share that with law enforcement immediately," a statement on the restaurant's Facebook page reads.

"Our hearts are absolutely broken for Gabby’s friends and family as they search for her, and our entire team is praying without end that she is located safely and reunited with those who love her very soon."

The response came after a video on Petito's Instagram page surfaced showing her opening a Slice420 pizza box while in Old Colorado City. The timestamp says the video is from 10 weeks ago. Petito's Instagram also shows her visiting the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado.

Man. Talk about going for their 15 minutes of fame. I don't see how this is relevant to her going missing a month and a half later in a different state.

Hi all, my first contribution to this thread, but I've only really learned about this story in the past day or two (I'm over in the UK), but this really is a strange one, I have to say.

However, the scenario that you describe playing out here, @Dutcher, is what had run through my mind also.

I think that BL is perhaps culpable for GP's demise, but indirectly. He may not have killed her, but who's to say that his actions didn't ultimately lead to her being killed, or her death (by way of an accident).

I suppose it's a similar principle to neglect: a child could die as a result of being neglected or denied the appropriate level of care, shelter, clothing, nutrition etc, but the perpetrator didn't physically kill them, rather their actions (or in some cases inaction) lead to that child's death. There is absolutely culpability there, but maybe the intention to cause death is not there.

Perhaps his silence is because he knows he has no alibi and no real defense and obviously will be seen as the prime suspect? Perhaps he drove off and left her in a fit of rage and then when he returned she was gone and he is consumed by guilt? Perhaps none of this, and he's simply playing the long game knowing that with each day that passes, evidence that could be used forensically to build a case against him, diminishes.

All hypotheticals and MOO.
Theories similar to this one are what I currently subscribe to, but it's just so frustrating that he won't divulge ANY information to LE (from what we've heard). I get it from a legal standpoint, but I feel AWFUL for GP's family.

Is there a possibility that BL was in communication with GPs parents between coming back to Fla and GP being reported missing?

What if they split up and he drives back. He tells them that she is wherever, with GPs mother already doubting that she had sent the last text, she doesn't believe what BL says. GP family could say something like “We are going to go to the police unless you really tell us what happened.”

Would communication like that be something a lawyer or police would make public?

If BL lawyers up as soon as he gets back that shows guilt. If he lawyers up 9/10 it’s a different story. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken