Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeyefan51

hawkeyefan51 Well-Known Member

I have read every post and continue to..thank you all for digging for info..I don't think he intentionally murdered her..I think he did/does love her..how could he not. I know that social media doesn't show what is actually going on behind the scenes..BUT i think she is beyond adorable, fun, fun loving and would love to have her as a DL. She's captured my heart with her smiles and it makes me so sad she gone because IMO I think she is. :(:(:( moo

2. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Not if you want BL to know you know, but don't want him to know what you know. If you know what I mean.

wary, GRT, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  3. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

4. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

I think at this point I would have been more surprised if the cell was in the van. Knowing that they were True Crime buffs - my guess is that he knew enough to not leave it in a place where it would easily be found or tied to him. That phone is probably long gone. Either he ditched it before the drive back or in a place where it would make sense that he could deflect it onto some other type of perpetrator. JMO

5. Poedelini

Poedelini Loss Of Innocence

Press thing is going on right now, dont know if it is old

6. @CrimeDawg123 Put it best, but I can't find the post!

7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Knowing the Van did not have the phone and LE has not recovered it - and Mom thinking the last message was not from GP - sigh - this is not good at all. To me, it means he used the phone and then got rid of it - much like Frazee/KK did with Kelsie. Let's hope it pinged a bit for a possible location like hers did.
    JMO
    [​IMG]
    Nicolette Perdomo
    @NickiPerdomo

·
    51m
    #NorthPort PD tell us they still do not know where #GabbyPetito’s phone is — that is one thing they are searching for.
    [​IMG]

TRB, thor124, j_in_c and 14 others like this.
  8. BetzC

BetzC Well-Known Member

It sounds like provocation to me. I suspect her emotions were escalated when he got in the van. It wasn't locked because she DID get in. He wasn't "walking away". He was provoking her. Just my opinion.

9. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I agree! If Gabby was left stranded I think the first thing she would have done was call her parents, or at least her mom.

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

God bless you! You rock!

11. Allynator

Allynator Well-Known Member

Just checking in (trying to catch up) and wanted to add that I have been in a relationship with a reckless driver/abuser Mr. Nice Guy as well. :(

Too many of us.

SuziQ, MsBetsy, feralwriter and 4 others like this.
  12. GDawg89

GDawg89 Well-Known Member

#CrimeDawg: very true, I contacted my good friend who lives in Moab for last 10 years and we talked about this possible connection. He said, of course, felony murder is very rare in Moab. He said the two women were known by some of his friends, camping long term in the La Sals and that they were working, saving money so they could rent a place during the winter when the climate changes. He did say that due to the enormous increase in population due to travelers/tourists in summer, that the petty crime stats rise. Winter months, stats of course, decline.

13. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Great first post.
    It's not projecting. It's recognizing the patterns that we were once in ourselves or have seen in others in our lives. If people (including law enforcement) listen to those experiences it would lead to greater awareness of the patterns which hopefully would lead to less domestic violence OR at the very least recognizing it and helping someone get out before it ends up being too late.

14. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<bbm>

I would be very hard-pressed to find it again, but somewhere in the earlier threads there was a link to where LE said (my paraphrasing here) they had a lot of info that the public did not.

Seni, SuziQ, wary and 9 others like this.
  15. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

They Never found Mollie Tibbets phone either and Mackenzie Lueck’s was found broken and burned. :(. I read into this as a very bad sign.

16. BelieveinUFO

BelieveinUFO Well-Known Member

If someone names their username with 'bizarre', can it mean they are into alternate reality? Login • Instagram Well understands how to use this tag - (#invisiblemonsters)

I hate the shape of his 'ears' when looking straight. This is the most common characteristics of criminals I have noted. *Just my opinion.*

Wonder what the body reading experts have to say about his police encounter. Lots of behavioral clues and possibly why is lawyered up

Does anyone know the significance of the wheel on their house?
    arr.PNG

17. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

She's gone. He doesn't call 911. He drives around 2200 miles back home to his family, opens the front door, dives under his bed, and scares the living hell out out of his family to the extent that THEY don't call 911 and opt instead for a family lawyer.
    I still think it quite possible they unexpectedly encountered something that may have separated them...and he alone escaped terrified - or there was an accident, she didn't survive, he thought he would be blamed and he headed to the place best suited for self-preservation - home.
    I don't see either of these young people as having diabolical motives. They're young, in a relationship, loaded with hormones and emotions that sometimes get out of hand. I've been married for 50 years and we still look back on the idiotic fights we had 48 years ago. They happen.
    I do know that in order for my husband to tear off to home without me, without notifying the police, have his family hire a lawyer and go into hiding; he would have to have had something gargantuan terrify him.
    They were two young people surrounded by open country that is accessible to anybody.
    This saga is still evolving.

18. Poedelini

Poedelini Loss Of Innocence

No cell phone recoverd.
    More than 1000 tips.
    No definitive connection with the other 2 murders.
    Sister of Brian has spoken to LE but no new info.

Got this from the presser.

TRB, SuziQ, hawkeyefan51 and 6 others like this.
  19. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

I think they had another explosive argument and in my mind, it resulted in only 2 possible scenarios. Either, 1. He followed through on his threat (again, as he quoted GP to the police saying that she feared he would leave her again,) he left her there, and something happened to her after that. Or, 2. He accidentally killed her in some way during an argument, possibly related to the van. Maybe while it was in motion.

He's a coward either way and that's why he's home and not talking. He's passive-aggressive. Emotionally abusive. Self-serving. Manipulative, among other things. But, not a cold-blooded killer.

IMO, of course.

20. ExitMusic

ExitMusic Well-Known Member

I don’t think the double murder is related. IMO he killed her after he snapped during an argument. It’s absolutely heartbreaking what he is doing by staying silent but I think a lot of people would do the same. JMO

SuziQ, hawkeyefan51, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.