Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. And welcome to WS.

Agreed as well. I am definitely seeing the POSSIBILITY that GP's and LB's relationship aligned with your experience, that he was manipulative, controlling, and possibly even malicious.

The problem is that there are other people with different experiences than yours whose stories ALSO align with the concrete evidence we have. Those people are also going to interpret this evidence in terms of their own experiences, and their interpretations are going to be very different than yours.

Then there's a third possibility: the interaction between two people, neither of them mature, with one who either thought she had the right to control the other through violence (slapping him, hitting him with her phone) or was simply emotionally overwhelmed and couldn't handle the behavior of her partner - who may also have been getting some amusement from her distress.

We just don't know.

Regarding the Moab coincidence with Gabby's disappearance and the murders of the newlywed couple - it is a coincidence no doubt. However, when you add in the fact that the Moab area is a magnet for young/outdoorsy/transient-like people, add in the fact that such people tend to like coffee shops/whole foods groceries/bars etc, add in the fact that Moab is small and has limited number of these establishments .... it gets to be far less of a coincidence IMO.
Agreed. I think it’s just a really odd coincidence, not related at all. I’d be completely shocked if they were related beyond just happening in the same area.

I think at this point I would have been more surprised if the cell was in the van. Knowing that they were True Crime buffs - my guess is that he knew enough to not leave it in a place where it would easily be found or tied to him. That phone is probably long gone. Either he ditched it before the drive back or in a place where it would make sense that he could deflect it onto some other type of perpetrator. JMO
Or, whether it was an accident or not, she fell with it on her person?

I don’t think the double murder is related. IMO he killed her after he snapped during an argument. It’s absolutely heartbreaking what he is doing by staying silent but I think a lot of people would do the same. JMO

This would be the most Occams Razor answer/theory out there at the moment. And not because it’s always the boyfriend/husband beliefs. But because that’s where all the evidence the public has seen so far points to. Now could it be something else? Of course. Heck…BL could be completely innocent other than just being a selfish despicable coward…..but this is theory 1 in my book. With theory 2 being some freak accident/cover up. Such as a push or a fall like some others have brought up.

One thing I find interesting is the fact that Gabby was on the phone with her "parents" during the August 12th stop, but from all I have read here and in the media, I have not seen where her "parents" brought up this encounter prior to law enforment bringing it to our attention - does anyone else find this curious?

Yes, I'm curious, but perhaps the parents know more but don't want to say at this juncture. The mom did say she didn't know where their relationship stood.

Regarding the Moab coincidence with Gabby's disappearance and the murders of the newlywed couple - it is a coincidence no doubt. However, when you add in the fact that the Moab area is a magnet for young/outdoorsy/transient-like people, add in the fact that such people tend to like coffee shops/whole foods groceries/bars etc, add in the fact that Moab is small and has limited number of these establishments .... it gets to be far less of a coincidence IMO.
Agreed. I think it’s just a really odd coincidence, not related at all. I’d be completely shocked if they were related beyond just happening in the same area.

Random question: how old is BL? I keep seeing everywhere that GP is 22 and BL is “older”. How much older? People keep talking about them as if they’re just kids… and that may be true for GP, but if BL is like 30 then I think we can throw the whole “he’s just a dumb kid” argument out the window here…

The suffix of his Pinterest is 1197...lots of people use their birthdate numbers to differentiate their login...so nov. 97? or the 11th day of ? month of 1997?

Also, up thread someone mentioned WOOFING, and one of his pins is a plant propogation system.

Just something random I noted.

Maybe he did decide to talk in exchange for a deal. imo

<modsnip> Never did she say she gave a tiny swipe to the steering wheel.

The bottom line is they were BOTH physically abusive to each other that day.

<modsnip>

There's every reason to try and figure out the overall dynamic and how they got to that point though. I, personally, don't believe a word that BL said. There were many inconsistencies in his story and his pattern of speech speaks to someone who is manipulative.
IMO as a result of that they've been stuck in a reactive abuse cycle.
She did admit the steering wheel swipe. At first she said no, then changed it.

I would put his first day of the return drive at Aug 29 or even Aug 30. I don't think this was a sedate drive at the posted speed limit, even though he had the belief that she was hidden well enough that she would not be found in the next 3 days.

If he was jetting it, he could probably could do it in 3 days. So assuming Sept 1 is also a driving day, that would be him driving 8/29, 8/30, 8/31, 9/1

Definitely needed to buy gas beforehand (and stored) or somewhere on the way and left a ton of video evidence. Now only if the gas station owners can review their video footage

I hate the shape of his 'ears' when looking straight. This is the most common characteristics of criminals I have noted. *Just my opinion.*

I’m sorry but this made me laugh out loud! Unintentional levity, I suppose — wasn’t expecting to read that! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
from timeline:
Aug 25th. Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, speaks to her daughter for the last time on the phone. Petito said they had stopped in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming before a planned trip to Yellowstone.

witness: Baker said it was 5 p.m. on Aug. 25, when she and her husband spotted Petito’s van in the Jenny Lake parking area.

Aug 27th."I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt later FOX News. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

Trying to pinpoint a date when something happened IF in the areas of Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Possibility is the night of the 25th, through the 28th, morning 29th?
27th text is iffy...possibly fake according to Gabby's mom.

Since Brian arrived in Florida on Sept 1st, he'd need what 3 days minimum, driving without sleep. 35 hr (2,362.0 mi) via I-75 S Yellowstone National Park to North Port Florida drive time
so presumably he left very latest Aug 29th. but he'd need to sleep, maybe naps, at some point....so Aug 28th maybe? Do we know what time the van was seen parked at the home in Florida?

29th Gabby was supposed to reach her friend to finalize meeting up in Yellowstone. Plus it was friend's birthday. No contact.

If Gabby was WITH Brian on the way back, one would expect her to still contact the friend to cancel meeting, wish her Happy Birthday.

So I think, for now, Gabby is in Grand Teton or Yellowstone.
Yellowstone entrance has a camera, so if it shows the van, I'd think she is there. Unlikely Brian would visit that park if something happened in Grand Teton....unless the route out of the area necessitates going through Yellowstone.

Thinking off the top of my head....trying to place possibilities for where they have to search. It's a huge area nevertheless. Ugh.....​

I wonder if one of the reasons Brian and family are stalling is they're hoping all will be left are skeletal remains, thus, very little evidence once she's located.

If anyone is thinking this, they should not rest easy.

I love when super smart professionals showcase their experience and talent in the often dark world of human remains recovery. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288