Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she were to be found deceased by homicidal means and he was involved in causing her death in Teton County, WY the trial would be there, correct?

That would be very expensive having to provide legal representation to BL in Jackson, WY

If she had gone to jail overnight she might have calmed down. Being in jail would be stressful but getting away from the situation might have allowed her to be more calm. And if she calmed down, LE might have seen a completely different person, and maybe had a better handle of what happened.

After watching the video, I don’t believe they were taking her seriously because she was so upset.

jmo

ETA — Having the opportunity to be more calm and hopefully allowed to tell her story would not have changed what happened later. But it might have given LE better insight into the relationship and may be revealed if DV was ongoing.
This is exactly why we in the DV field are constantly advocating for better training of police and courts to be trauma-informed and educated in the dynamics of DV and how it presents in the real world. The onus should not be on the victim to calm down so she can present well, it should be on responders to recognize trauma behaviors. Which, in their defense, they can't do until they've recieved the proper training.

Genuinely curious why you think taking Gabby to jail would have calmed her down? I've never been to jail, but I can only imagine it's a profoundly traumatic and terrorizing experience that would have only made her mental state worse. Besides which, taking someone to jail requires arresting them, and arresting this young woman for a scratch or a witness report of a slap, when we now know that the big picture was much different than what the police were imagining, and she was in danger--if only of being abandoned for weeks in the wilderness without transportation or communication, but probably something much worse--would have been a serious miscarriage of justice.

Just curious why you do not have a route drawn up to Yellowstone National Park. IMO, the most likely place they parted ways is somewhere between GTNP and YNP. GP planned to meet her friend up there on the 30th. In addition, she marked several locations along that route on her Dyrt app. She also texted her mom that there was no cell phone signal (in Yosemite). We don't know if that was really her but still. All arrows seem to point to the region between GTNP and YNP.
I dont think its been confirmed that she ever made it to Yellowstone.

I thought the police chief's comment about knowing his location was interesting, but could be innocuous. Also, it's the smart thing for him to do. It would benefit him, assuming he killed her.

I wonder if they could have gotten him out of his house without anyone knowing? Is there a garage?
The location comment is definitely interesting. I don't think they're home either, but I find it hard to believe they would've been able to leave with the gaggle of reporters outside.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438689012424876036

You can see the house in that video. Definitely has a garage.

35 hours is a day and a half, not three days. He could drive the distance in three days with sleep, easily IMO.
Yes right...ofcourse ! So he could have left 30th evening ...maybe.

If anyone is thinking this, they should not rest easy.

I love when super smart professionals showcase their experience and talent in the often dark world of human remains recovery. IMO

There supposedly wasn’t a lot left to the remains of Mollie Tibbets but the ME was still able to determine the type of weapon(or at least similar) and where all it was used. Even vast decomposed corpses leave lots of evidence. Hypothetically if that’s what the family is hoping for…..they are hoping in vain.

Also I hate saying corpse(it’s just technically correct).….Mollie was a person though. I still choose to humanize her even after death in my own mind. :(

Last edited:
It's worth noting the murder rate in Moab, UT. in 2018, there was 1 murder per 100K. ZERO going back to 2012, and nothing in 2019 and 2020.

For a community to rarely see homicides to suddenly see 2 confirmed and potentially 1 other, it's easy to see how people keep gravitating to this NOT being a coincidence.

The timelines are vague and sporadic enough to make a connection between the two cases plausible, and I'm sure there are details that LE has that is not yet public.

I'm from Lafayette, LA and the lack of details reminds me of the Mickey Schunick case. The general public and those on WS were so desperate for details, and often pinned their frustrations on LE. When all was said and done, they had Lavergne's truck on camera, and methodically tightened the noose, so-to-speak. It wasn't long before they had an arrest and her body buried on his property.

Point being, while it's entertaining to speculate, it's important to understand that in most cases, LE has the tools and resources to figure these things out. It's just unfortunate that the family and general public's timelines don't mirror LE's.

You're so right! I agree. It was only after the attorney statement that I began to wonder. Thank you for reminding me to hold-on to the "reasonable" aspects!

Something occurred to me, last thought tonight. The most gracious explanation I have to explain Brian’s silence:

He believes Gabby is alive, will re-emerge, and is waiting to see how she will explain her absence, wanting to tailor his response to her version of events. While this is not too flattering to either of them (and seems improbable), if this scenario is true, we all win.

I desperately hope she is alive and well.

edited to correct typo
I think the idea of him tailoring his response to her version of events falls in line with what we know of his personality. Except, he would have told everyone where she was when he last saw her. To not do so is reckless endangerment imo.

Regarding the road less traveled- there is a clip on their YouTube video (and subsequently one of the IG clips) that show him walking on the edge of a cliff. VERY close to the edge of a cliff. One of them even posted about getting into a very difficult to reach place.

A fall from a cliff would not be suspicious in those circumstances. Shutting the door and hiring a lawyer instead of telling somebody what happened, however, is.

For my money... of all the discussion that is being tossed around... him having a lawyer already hired (before GP was reported missing) and he/his family not responding to GP's parents attempts to contact them are the most damning things.

He needed to gas up on the way home. We're talking CCTV, witnesses, attendants, and receipts. Its building.
His route home will be scrutinized and hopefully captured by innumerable cameras, toll booths, toll booth workers, road crews, even drivers who encountered that van during their travels.

Yes right...ofcourse ! So he could have left 30th evening ...maybe.
I was trying to think of the timing last night, and I did the math then, that's why your comment jumped out at me, ha.

I'm just personally of the opinion that something happened on the 28th based on the timing of things. So then the 29th-1st could be spent driving home.

She has drive, and dedication, and inspiration. She makes sure to stop and work on her blog, as if it was a job.

I don't get this from him at all. I haven't read that he got extra training as a mechanic, or a carpenter, or an electrician, or an IT person to support the van upkeep and maintenance on a long open-ended haul like this. I don't see him surviving without the financial support of his parents.

Most of all, I see him valuing the van over her.

This strikes me as what he really wanted; the nomad life with HIS van. Money? well that will be supplied by a gf,or parents if necessary.

I think this venture as a business was doomed because of it.
Yeah, I think it was Gabby who did all the work on the blog. BL apparently had no SM presence before they started dating so it may have been more her passion than his. It must have been very frustrating for her to be told she "couldn't do it." IMO

Agreed. I think it’s just a really odd coincidence, not related at all. I’d be completely shocked if they were related beyond just happening in the same area.

The fact that one of the murdered women worked in the Moonflower, where GP and LB spent six hours and were then reported for domestic violence (in front of the Moonflower store) has to be considered as well. I think these are pretty well-established facts - although they may STILL be nothing more than coincidence.

And definitely not holed up in the house, either.
According to this article - he was there when they came for the Van apparently -
snipped
The van has since been recovered at Petito's residence in North Port. Her boyfriend was at the home, but he refused to speak with authorities.
Gabby Petito is missing. Florida woman's vehicle was recovered

so if he's not there now - I think the parents had to drive him out since media has been camped along the street for days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77