Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?

This makes a LOT of sense to me.

Regarding the query about the text message not being received on Gabby's mum's phone until 30th Aug, I think there's every possibility that Gabby might have sent that message earlier, but it was floating around in the ether until signal was reestablished, and then delivered to her mum's phone.

I think things are a bit different with networks here in the UK, but if I try to send a text message when I'm in an area with poor signal, it will fail, but my phone will NOT automatically keep trying to resend the message (maybe for battery preservation!? Who knows) My phone gives me the option whether to try and send the message again, so if I don't press "try again" the message won't go.

I'm not sure how it differs in the States, but if a network did automatically continue to try to get the message through then it's completely plausible that Gabby did send the text to her mum, but not necessarily on the date that it was received on her mum's phone.

MOO

She's gone. He doesn't call 911. He drives around 2200 miles back home to his family, opens the front door, dives under his bed, and scares the living hell out out of his family to the extent that THEY don't call 911 and opt instead for a family lawyer.
I still think it quite possible they unexpectedly encountered something that may have separated them...and he alone escaped terrified - or there was an accident, she didn't survive, he thought he would be blamed and he headed to the place best suited for self-preservation - home.
I don't see either of these young people as having diabolical motives. They're young, in a relationship, loaded with hormones and emotions that sometimes get out of hand. I've been married for 50 years and we still look back on the idiotic fights we had 48 years ago. They happen.
I do know that in order for my husband to tear off to home without me, without notifying the police, have his family hire a lawyer and go into hiding; he would have to have had something gargantuan terrify him.
They were two young people surrounded by open country that is accessible to anybody.
This saga is still evolving.
Very interesting theory Gardener, I like it

If you look it up on Google there is a fenced in backyard. Makes you wonder if once it was dark, one didn't hop a fence to nearby car?

I wonder -do we know- when LE came for the van, if he was there, did the SEE him visually?[/QUOTE]
I was curious about leaving through the backyard as well in the night. Media may be in front of his house, but if he can get to another street from his backyard, he could've met a car there.

I keep turning this around in my head and the only thing that makes sense to me is that he is protecting her somehow and there is no urgency because him and his parents know she is safe somewhere. Otherwise, how would he ever think he could get away with any of this. I just keep getting this feeling that he is not telling them anything because something happened, no clue what that could or whether it involves the double homicide, and he is protecting her.
I think people are reading too much into the DV video. My husband and I were married at a young age and let me tell you... if people could see the emotional arguments that felt like the world was ending that we got into at that age someone would have called the police on us too. And the fact is, you have to take everything at face value because as much as you want to read into it, none of us knows what actually went on in their relationship!

It's a theory, not information, re: the location of her phone. It has yet to be recovered, and if it wasn't tossed by BL, it could've been on her person if she fell off a cliff or something to the like, whether it was intentional or accidental.
I'm lost here. How would the loss of her phone suggest that she and BL were True Crime Buffs?

Yeah, I think it was Gabby who did all the work on the blog. BL apparently had no SM presence before they started dating so it may have been more her passion than his. It must have been very frustrating for her to be told she "couldn't do it." IMO

Maybe that blog.was consuming her!
That was one thing she was upset with on the body cam video!

I didn't say she said it. I was referring to her "illustrator," a little flippantly, I admit. She mimed a little swipe of the steering wheel. (As I recollect.) Was she minimizing? I think so. Her (comical) illustrator for how she punched Laundrie's arm would not have left scratches on a bar of soap.
I'm not sure if you're being serious: details are important. And these things aren't details.
I don't admit that Laundrie abused her that day because no witness reported that (as far as I know) and there is no evidence of it.

There is evidence ? The police say she ALSO has marks in the body cam video. People here have posted photos of those marks. GP demonstrates how he grabbed and shoved her face. He admitted to pushing her (which yes, it abuse). He admits to hanging her backpack on the back of the van and telling her to go for a walk while keeping her keys and getting into the driver side of the vehicle (which is threatened abandonment - also a form of abuse)

You need to watch the body cam video.

Despite all the SM chatter, I haven't suspected the Schulte/Turner murders were actually connected to Gabby's disappearance and BL's hiding. However, after mulling over the statement made by BL's attorney... I'm now entertaining a possibility these could be connected. Weird.
What about his statement caused you to think this?

My theory, which has changed since seeing the body cam is that they fought and she accidentally fell. The report says she is the "aggressor" however, I knew girls like that. They are all arms flaying and drama when they're upset. They "strike out" and "girl hit." You also have to take into consideration the age of these two. They are "babies." Their brains dont think properly and if you're panicked, you do not behave rationally. You do stupid things, like RUN. Especially if you have recently had a DV stop. No one is going to believe she just fell off a cliff. You cant say you pushed her. Even if you didn't push her and she accidentally fell. You call your parents and you drive home and your parents get you an attorney because you didn't mean to do it or it is a tragic accident. BUT what you dont do in either of these scenarios is send a fake text on 8/30. Which is also why I ask the question could the text have been from Gabby and sent earlier than 8/30 but only received by her mom on that day due to a signal delay?

This makes a LOT of sense to me.

Regarding the query about the text message not being received on Gabby's mum's phone until 30th Aug, I think there's every possibility that Gabby might have sent that message earlier, but it was floating around in the ether until signal was reestablished, and then delivered to her mum's phone.

I think things are a bit different with networks here in the UK, but if I try to send a text message when I'm in an area with poor signal, it will fail, but my phone will NOT automatically keep trying to resend the message (maybe for battery preservation!? Who knows) My phone gives me the option whether to try and send the message again, so if I don't press "try again" the message won't go.

I'm not sure how it differs in the States, but if a network did automatically continue to try to get the message through then it's completely plausible that Gabby did send the text to her mum, but not necessarily on the date that it was received on her mum's phone.

MOO

I'm told there will be a protest this evening outside Brian Laundrie's parents house. The mood among people in the neighborhood seemed to be changing last night with more telling us they are frustrated Brian is not talking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438863719002431499
We should all go. Field trip.
It seems like usually, whether the remaining partner is guilty or innocent that they speak up. The innocent ones are often desperate, while the guilty ones are trying to convince you of their innocence.

But this -- this is way different. It's like there's something going on other than we think.
Patrick Frazee was pretty quiet after murdering Kelsey when she was missing too wasn’t he? (Sorry I reposted the one above. I am a computer idiot.)

It seems like usually, whether the remaining partner is guilty or innocent that they speak up. The innocent ones are often desperate, while the guilty ones are trying to convince you of their innocence.

But this -- this is way different. It's like there's something going on other than we think.

What is going on IMO is that BL spoke with his attorney at some point, and said attorney advised him against speaking to law enforcement. Nothing more.

From a legal standpoint, him doing so is wise and advisable. From a moral standpoint, not so much.

I wonder if his attorney has really considered his client's goal in staying silent. Disclosure sometimes results in a better outcome for your client. Maybe his client's goals aren't the same as ours.

I dont think its been confirmed that she ever made it to Yellowstone.

There are UNCONFIRMED reports that they were seen in Grants Village and GTNP itself. At least the latter seems like more than some gossip rumor - but it is STILL unconfirmed. It is the sort of thing you put into the column labeled "promising leads" to the right of the one labeled "facts."

I thought the police chief's comment about knowing his location was interesting, but could be innocuous. Also, it's the smart thing for him to do. It would benefit him, assuming he killed her.

I wonder if they could have gotten him out of his house without anyone knowing? Is there a garage?

Remember he got home on the first of the month and looks like they hired a lawyer before the police came around. They also could have flown him out of the country immediately and left his cell phone in the house, hence "they know where he is." Has anyone laid eyes on him?

On another note, has anything been said about how they were financing their trip? They would need a lot of money for gas, food etc.

This was discussed last night, and many agreed that Brian's parents likely taught him that everything was someone else's fault. JMO

I don't think parents need to teach this. Some people just grow up like that, even if others in the family are more normal with blame. For instance, many women take blame for things and say they are sorry about everything all the time. Remember when Gabby said she was apologizing to BL for "being mean"? That's a cultural thing. No one taught her to apologize all the time, but she probably just witnesses other women apologizing all the time and that's why she does it. Men are frequently the opposite, knowing that things turn out better for you if you blame things on others. IMO, (based on my personal observations about human behavior and politics).

I'm lost here. How would the loss of her phone suggest that she and BL were True Crime Buffs?
Ohhh, I didn't realize you were asking about the comment I was responding to.

I've seen people bring it up repeatedly in regards to what they listened to and read. I personally have no firsthand knowledge of it, I was just theorizing about the phone.

Fact -there are Idaho transportation web cams along the route they were have thought to have driven US hwy 20. I don't know if those cams keep records. I do know they are what I would call time lapsed if that is a correct way to frame it. In addition the webcam at the west entrance resets every 60 seconds with a new feed. I don't know it that one records either. One more thing,if they did travel on HWY 20 thru Ashton and Island park head toward Yellowstone I believe they would have been very close to the area called the death zone which borders ID, MT, WY. BL may have read this is the place to commit the perfect murder, although that is not exactly true, but definately hard to prove. Just food for thought
IMO

What is driving me nuts, is I am in Colorado and their van is sooo familiar to me. Not just the ol' white typical van but the rack on top too....everything.
The van is what drew me to the story initially when I saw the pic on news sites.... because I kept thinking where have I seen it. Then I saw their pictures. Just a huge "where I have I seen the van and them".
I am in Colorado, but have not been in the Springs specifically. But 25 goes right through my town, down to the Springs and there are tons of amenities off of 25 that if they happened to have driven thru here and stop for gas or food or whatever....

I have no clue if I actually saw them...but with all the cases recently, this is what drew me to this case - during my busy life right now....because something seemed familiar about the pictures.
I have no witness testimony to offer.............I just wonder if I could have subconsciously seen them somewhere here in Colorado.

I wonder how many of us subconsciously see things.....that are important...but we just never know the significance.

/random thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member