Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I don't know...
    That seems like Super wishful thinking. Why would she be radio silent for 3 weeks--when she has no money or transportation or phone? Wouldn't she have reached out to family or friends for emergency help by now?

There is only one believable explanation that can explain B's silence, In My Opinion, and that is that he doesn't want the remains to be recovered until they are useless to the forensics team.

2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

What we are all missing are the details about what happened to Gabby.

He seemed evasive when answering police that day and probably didn't tell them the whole story.

That she practically dove through the window tells me her fears were real about him leaving her stranded alone, which it seems is exactly what he has done, or worse.

What and why is he hiding? If he had defensive wounds on his body when he came home, he would have a lot of explaining to do.

If there is a body out there somewhere, the more time that goes by, the less evidence there will be.

He can't hide forever. He's not as smart as LE.

Soon they will narrow down the timeline and hopefully determine when and where they were last together and when he began traveling alone.

IMO

3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

This case is public enough that she probably couldn’t wait if she wanted to.

That’s not even factoring in what most of us think happened.

4. WillieMac

WillieMac Chief Procrastinator Extraordinaire

I don't know if he thinks she's alive but I agree that he's waiting to tailor the story he's going to tell so it matches whatever evidence LE & a prosecuting attorney can uncover. The less he says early on, the harder it is to show inaccuracies and lies in his early statements later on when more facts are available. He could be waiting to see how badly decomposed her body might be by the time it's found - *if* it's found. He's likely waiting and hoping for winter to set in on those mountains. He could be waiting for any wounds he may have sustained to heal. And he could be waiting for witnesses' memories to grow stale. And the entire time I am sure he's closely studying everything that's being discussed and anything that's being uncovered related to the case. And he's formulating how he should weave a web of tales that might best fit his defense by whatever time he's finally forced to answer questions. I wish LE could find a reason to compel him to speak. The sooner the better.

5. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

A woman was just killed there a couple of months ago. She and and friends were camped IN TOWN, next to a post office, and the bear dragged from the tent and killed her.

6. VanillaRose

VanillaRose Well-Known Member

Thanks! So it was before the altercation and police encounter.

7. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

My fiancé and I were talking about this case tonight and something about it really bothers me.

Gabby mimics the gesture that Brian did to her to “push her off of him”. In doing so, she holds her chin in one hand to mimic how he pushed her away.

I did this to my fiancé tonight as were acting out the difference between slapping somebody and holding their jaw / chin in your hand, the latter of which is a much more aggressive maneuver.

Holding his jaw/face in the exact way she depicted in the police video placed my hand just a little bit higher than his throat.

LE, IMO, should never have brushed this claim off. It’s obviously total speculation, but if he was comfortable with holding onto her face like that in a manner than can literally only be aggressive- because that is absolutely not what you would do if you were pushing somebody away from you- it’s not a far leap to a hand around her throat.

8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Sorry, viewing her post on my laptop, I don't see any flies - just "Happy Holloween." Perhaps she couldn't find a spider emoji. I don't think it is significant. MOO

Login • Instagram

9. Speculaytor

Speculaytor Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are ANY searches going on for Gabby in the air? What exactly are they doing search wise? If he did leave her somewhere, she would know how to survive, what to eat, how to stay warm. I just feel it is urgent, and haven't really heard anything about searches, ground or otherwise?

10. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Yes, and her dad specifically asked that people not focus on anything but Gabby's whereabouts because he felt everything else was a distraction and that all of the other stuff would work itself out later.

La Louve, Tutter, Sundog and 5 others like this.
  11. Earnjul11

Earnjul11 Well-Known Member

I apologize if this has been mentioned but - do we know where her phone is CURRENTLY? I have not seen any news reports saying whether or not they know the whereabouts of her phone. I would think it would be fairly easy to track it if it was in BL’s possession.

12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I think this is a spoof account-- it happens!

I believe it was reported that his last IG post was 8/13.

13. GussiedCanoodler

GussiedCanoodler Well-Known Member

Thank you for saying this so eloquently. I was thinking this the whole time while reading the thread. Could BL be an abuser and responsible for GP’s disappearance? Sure. However, we do have to remember he is in his early-20s (not very mature, in my experience) and, IIRC, also suffers from anxiety. It is also easy to peg him as the abuser/culprit, because, well there is absolutely no one else in this case to look to. Him refusing to speak to the police IS very damning in the public eye but if I learned one thing from being a criminology major is that you NEVER talk to the police, innocent or not, unless you have to. We have to remember that people are innocent until proven guilty.

As an aside, as another victim of abuse, my heart goes out to all the other victims and I definitely understand how this behavior can be reminiscent of abusive behavior. For what it’s worth, though, my college campuses speed limit was 10 MPH and people constantly were getting tickets that would have counted as reckless driving if they weren’t given by campus police. Young people are dumb and do reckless things. They were in an unfamiliar area where they probably didn’t know the speed limit and were undoubtably pumped up on adrenaline from their argument. Is this an excuse for going that fast? Absolutely not. But an absolute indicator of abuse? I wouldn’t say so.

ETA: also, not trying to defend his behavior, just trying to point out that there are possible other explanations for the way he acted in the police video and in other situations

14. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

HayLouise, LeeAnnB, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  15. helvetica

helvetica Well-Known Member

Another headscratcher from the bodycam footage;

Gabby tells the officer they were having a "rough morning" and that they have been "fighting all morning."
    Brian tells the officer "We had a really nice morning."
    Still, Brian eludes to the fact they were planning to still do a hike/Arches before sundown. This is eluded to twice.

Sunshine95, SuziQ, Suwannee and 17 others like this.
  16. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Closing up now. Good Night everyone.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some resolution to finding out what has happened to Gabby.

La Louve, Curious Me, SuziQ and 17 others like this.
  17. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

Moab footage..so sad.

GP starts by saying she's sorry...she's in such distress and in need of services during her interview, exhausted and emotionally fragile. She discloses her mental health isn't optimal.

Why does she want water and he doesn't...it's hot. he couldn't sit in the sun. he didn't take water because he 'doesn't like plastic'. But i actually do believe him . But, how does he not "think"she takes any medications after being together for so long? And she says she has ADHD.

But then it seems he is at a point where he has lost patience when he describes the physical encounter, and maybe he was pushed enough to just leave her. I just can't see him hurting her.

When he is speaking to LE, he consistently looks towards the SUV that she is sitting in.

This is a tough call for LE. Two stories, and LE has to try to decipher the truth. And BL did offer to go to jail for her. He's protective of her and the consequences of the citation. So did he leave her because of the no contact order?

I wished that LE offered to call the parents (though adults..they are still so young), like just say 'can i call your folks for you?? Maybe that could have changed things. Or had a psych evaluation at a hospital before they had her go to police station. So many speed bumps in this and missed moments.

Hopefully she is found, I hope she did not do anything rash when she was alone.

BL lawyered up i'm sure because he would be a mess sitting in a room with detectives.

18. Sheila Terranova

Sheila Terranova Well-Known Member

Just a rant. I can’t stand the mental health aspersions against Gabby. Anxiety and OCD are not like schizophrenia. She is in no way nuts. I have anxiety, or as my mother used to say, I was “high strung”. He is absolutely hiding something. Any other fiancé would be leaping to find her if she were merely lost, abandoned, or suicidal, putting personal concerns aside in a life or death situation. At the least calling her mother when they split. This case only has one logical conclusion and it is completely heartbreaking. I feel so sad when I see her cry.
    My husband was cool as ice when the police spoke with him. He strangled me. I could hardly make sense I was so upset and in shock. That’s a clue. In the video , She is sad and upset. He is smiling. I get it that they said she did the “hitting” but something provoked this that neither of them explained. My husband convinced me for years I couldn’t tell or we’d e d up homeless and starving basically. Something deeply disturbed her, what was it? God bless her, just a young girl, trusting someone she is getting to know better the hard way.❤️

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  19. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

Good Morning: Thread is Open

A few guidelines this morning:
    -no discussing the fake Instagram or any other social media accounts that do not belong to Gabby or BL. When referencing an approved social media post, include the url link in your WS post.

-do not sleuth BL’s parents, they have not been named POI’s and are only open for discussion related to what has been stated in MSM, and/or actions related specifically to this case

Hoping for resolution today and wishing all our Posters a fabulous Friday.

Best,
    Tiff

La Louve, Curious-A, wary and 16 others like this.
  20. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.