Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merrymary

merrymary Well-Known Member

makes you wonder if now that we know how she died whether it contradicts the "story" Brian gave his family

2. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

I think so. I’m betting today.

3. meatandcookies

meatandcookies Well-Known Member

Thank you! That’s incredibly helpful.

BeanieBod, vls12345 and danij614 like this.
  4. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

BL may claim accidental but I feel this coroner has evidence GP fought back. He referenced DV. I felt the orange evidence markers depicted a struggle.

Moo...

5. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I agree, he has probably ruled the same cause and manner of death for innumerable other women, and no one cares, he doesn't hold a press conference and have to answer a barrage of questions. Those women are buried and forgotten except by their families, who are also hurting right now.

6. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a big move today.

I'd like to see the Feds haul in the parents for questioning. Shake this loose. Let's see if they talk or take the 5th, but haul them in all the same. It may draw BL out of hiding. MOO

7. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

John Walsh?? What was he thinking?! That was bizarre.

8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I didn't see what was said but why would someone do that? Has to be someone that is pissed that he's covering this case so closely, imo

LRinCA likes this.
  9. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Yes because he said DV, it is possible there are other injuries from a fight or struggle, broken bones etc. that would eliminate defense saying it was sex that went too far. Being exposed to the wilderness for 3 to 4 weeks leaves the possibility that the defense could say animals could have made those other injuries, if there are any, although I do think there would be evidence if it was an animal

scmom and CaffienatedOwl like this.
  10. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Yeah, doesn’t that come under the category of “Consciousness of Guilt”?

11. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

No. Though the official cause of death is now strangulation which means a person killed her, nothing has been said that there is sufficient evidence to accuse BL of it.

Yes, it sounds far fetched to many of us here, but it is possible that BL came back from a walk about and found GP dead, panicked, afraid he’d be blamed and rushed home without reporting it. It’s possible that happened.

12. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

Maybe that's what he told his parents. She tried to choke me so I grabbed her by the neck to stop her. When I walked away, I didn't realize she was dead. MOOx100.

George Fayne and Nikynoo like this.
  13. Sunshynn

Sunshynn The girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Typically there is, but in the case of Shanann Watts she did not have any DNA under her fingernails and through Chris's own admission she did not fight back.
    Maybe, GP and BL often fought with him grabbing her (as GP demonstrated at the police stop) and/or choking her but always let go and apologized profusely and GP always forgave him. Possibly, GP thought this time was going to be like all the other times and he'd let go....only this time he didn't. MOO.

BeanieBod, Nikynoo, danij614 and 3 others like this.
  14. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

Anyone remember CaL photos where it looks like BL has finger bruises on his right arm. That would match up with what would happen during strangulation if the victim tried to get him off MOO

15. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

I don't think that's what he said, but honestly, in his line of work where that reality would be in his face constantly, I don't think we can blame him.
    As for your other question, yes. There are a lot of GP cases out there that don't get proportional coverage and addressing it isn't a shot at her or anyone interested in her case. It's just facts. We're human and we have biases. If we can acknowledge that within ourselves, then we can use high profile cases like Gabby's to raise awareness and make a conscious effort to notice other cases that we might've otherwise scrolled right over. That's what made JP's plea for it so beautiful. I can't even imagine the strength that family possesses.

16. aeaea

aeaea Active Member

I believe strangulation qualifies as premeditated because of the amount of time it takes, someone said earlier premeditation doesn’t have to start a long time in advance, just that you knew what you were doing was going to kill someone and you kept doing it.

17. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

A few here have mentioned BL might claim erotic asphyxiation. I’m not certain, but with Jim Schmidt IDing Gabby’s sweatshirt, I thought that was found on her. So I inferred she’d be clothed at the time of her death.
    I’m no expert in this type of thing, obviously, but if she were clothed I think that would further disprove this was a sexual act that went wrong. JMO

18. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

I already know what the defense Will say, but it isn’t going to work. He may be sentenced to a medical facility though, and likely qualifies.

amateur opinion and speculation

Nikynoo and Cindizzi like this.
  19. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

I think he was downplaying or trying to deemphasize the significance of the strangulation (and it's connection to BL). Totally unsuccessfully!

20. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Back to square 1.
    And no clues to help further our journey, sadly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.