Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial gut thought upon hearing the word strangulation was...Of course it was.

Upon further thinking, I cannot imagine what each and every officer who was present at the Moab stop feels about now. She was alive then! And complained about a man who grabbed her throat. And weeks later, she is dead...via strangulation.

Question to anyone who can possibly answer.

Since SB is sticking by this whole he’s only wanted for fraud malarkey, if the FBI doesn’t now come out and upgrade the charges.. can we safely assume Brian is dead at that point?

BL, whether we agree or not, is only wanted for the bank stuff at this time. Why would the Lawyer say anything otherwise?

Strangulation.
And lots of helping dad in the garage, mowing the lawn, camping, smores, afterward.
This is a dangerous person. Whether he's being hidden or not. He has NO self-control and might do a repeat performance if confronted with betrayal or resistance of any kind. That includes his handlers and anyone else he might encounter during his runner.
So, if anyone is in contact with Brian - watch your back. He snaps.

Laundrie family attorney Mr. Bertolino just texted: "Gabby Petito’s death at such a young age is a tragedy. While Brian Laundrie is currently charged with the unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby, Brian is only considered a person of interest in relation...

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
2m

Replying to
@BrianEntin
2/2 ...to Gabby Petito’s demise. At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located we will address the pending fraud charge against him."

While Mr. Bertolino may have texted these words, he is representing (read: speaking for) the Laundries, whose apparent position is that Brian is ONLY a person of interest in Gabby's brutal strangulation.

Well this cause of death blows that out of the water. You don’t “accidentally” strangle someone.

If he lied to his parents about the circumstances, he would have known that once the body was found the truth would come out. Perhaps he didn't trust that they would remain loyal and accommodating once it became clear that his story didn't hold water.

I think he lied to them about everything, during the time he was hiding with them. He probably didn't expect the case to get so much attention, he thought he'd lay low, stick to his story, and let time cover up his trail and the evidence, but it blew up big and fast. When it became clear that nothing was going to blow over, he bolted once again. He's all about evading consequences and responsibility.

This thread is so fast moving, but I just wanted to say or ask... How long does it take to strangle someone? This is not an easy thing to do and she KNEW what was happening and he COULD HAVE STOPPED - he strangled the life out of her while (IMOO) she looked into his eyes. The evil it takes to do something like this is unfathomable. Sweet Gabby, you did not deserve this. I am so sorry. Rest in Heaven, angel.

Strangulation takes so long...

Strangulation is very specific, correct? Definitely not synonymous with asphyxiation?
strangulation, Forensic medicine
Transient, or more commonly, permanent occlusion of the tracheal lumen; 3500suicidal strangulations occur/yr–US, 1983; homicidal strangulations represent 5-10% of criminally violent deaths in urbanpopulations. Cf Sexual asphyxia Obstetrics See Cord strangulation.
Strangulation–Manner, mechanism, setting
Manner of death
Hanging–usually suicidal, ligature, manual, postural
Mechanism of death
Mechanical constriction of neck structures–primary mechanism in suicidal stangulation; it is unknown whether arterialocclusion, venous occlusion, or asphyxia causes most deaths in 'mechanical' strangulation
Injury to spinal cord and brainstem–due to drop, the intended cause of death in judicial hangings
Cardiac arrest, possibly facilitated by pressure on the carotid sinus, and pericarotid sympathetic and parasympatheticnetworks
strangulation

Poor, poor girl.

Strangulation is such a deeply personal way to murder someone.

Strangulation also cannot be accidental in any way (IMO).

If the cause of death had been revealed as blunt force trauma to the back of the head, or a fractured skull, then it could plausibly be argued that they were arguing and he pushed her and she fell and cracked her head etc etc

Not so with strangulation. It is a very deliberate, up close and personal way to end someone's life, especially if it was manual strangulation face to face:(.

How very sad.

What will be interesting to observe now is if/how the behaviour of those under scrutiny changes.

This revelation could have also shattered any false pretences or illusions they were under that this was all just an accident... You can only give someone the benefit of the doubt for so long.

The pressure for them just ratcheted up tenfold.

MOO
You have MANY opportunities to change your mind and stop strangling a person . Between 5-10 minutes. Some killers choke the victim until they lose consciousness, then revive them so they can continue the strangulation. ( Gacy did this)
I am looking at my watch, timing just 5 minutes. Five minutes of silence for Gabby. But it is an excruciatingly long time to be murdered. Jmo

...Stop spinning thing! Stop lying!

No one in the press EVER calls him out either. This needs to change. I think they might be afraid he won't talk to them anymore. But, I too am tired of this guy getting free rein to issue self-serving statements for his clients which are demonstrably untrue with no push back whatsoever. MOO

I’m guessing when he showed up at his parent’s house with her car and not her, he had scratches on his face and arms and that’s why the parents wouldn’t let LE talk to or see him, and that’s why they called the lawyer and got BL out of there.
But LE didn't come knocking at the door until the 10th. Any wounds would be well on the way to healing. Plus, he visited CaL and went camping within a week of returning - surely any marks would have been obvious to CaL?

If she was found sept 19 and the coroner said she was passed 3-4 weeks what would her date of death would be? I’m awful with numbers honestly. Would it have been the 27th when her mother seen her via FaceTime or was the FaceTime before the 27th. I guess I’m left with more questions than answers as usual. Will the police be making a statement anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77