Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58
Thread #59 Thread #60

Last edited by a moderator:
Wfla Live Stream
Brian's Instagram:
Login • Instagram

Where we are at this time:
-A FEDERAL ARREST WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR BRIAN RELATED TO DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS FOLLOWING THE DEATH OF GABBY.

-Dog the Bounty Hunter has joined the search
-Deer Cam individual has been identified and IS NOT BRIAN
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Authorities have the van

-FBI has searched the Laundrie home
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents updated timeline that they have not seen BL since Sept. 13

-Mustang has been towed and returned
-Autopsy determines homicide

———————————————
Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-STAN text can discussed as it is known. However, there is nothing to support secret codes or Eminem songs at this time. Keep discussion of the text to the text.
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents/sister or other family members
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-NickTheHat Twitter IS NOT AN APPROVED JOURNALISM Source

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a question or a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread.

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

=====

APPROVED Social Media
Dash Cam Video from Red White & Bethune
Enhanced Van Video

Miranda Baker - Alleged to pick BL up Hitchhiking
Van Witness Video #2

Mod Note:

We are starting to lose focus that this thread is about Gabby and the current search for Brian.

Mental Health: Only bring it into the discussion if it is a statement in media or LE reports. Do not expand beyond what has been provided to us regarding Gabby and/or Brian and mental Health.

Domestic Violence: Many posters here have stories. In our own personal ways, we all have stories. The challenge we have in these threads is the separation of our personal stories and the focus of the thread.

This thread is about Gabby's story.

As mods, we have hearts, we care about each of you, and it is hard to delete a post on thread that may include your personal story. However, we have to remind ourselves this is about Gabby's story. Please keep her the focus of the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing info that is in MSM about the parents is allowed. Sleuthing out information related to them, just because it is publicly available is not allowed.

If you don't understand the difference, private message a Mod or Admin and we will help clarify.

Thread is Open:

Please acknowledge before proceeding

Emotions and frustration are running rampant in the thread and taking it out on others is not permitted. If you need a break, take a break. Continuing to engage in this fashion is not moving the conversation forward.

Of Note:
-Move on from bickering
-Let go of the domestic violence debates
-Stop bringing in mental health

Tip: When you feel most compelled to hit "post" after quickly whipping up that response, see it as a sign you need to step back and re-read what you have written before clicking that button!

Please continue here…

*REMINDER: WS Volunteer Admins and Mods are not online 24/7. We may need some time to clean up posts against TOS* AND when there are pages of them it may require closing the thread.

Have a great day everyone!

Speculation this afternoon’s coroner press conference might be in conjunction with the feds appears to be wrong. US Attorney’s Office in Wyoming says “this is not our press conference and our office is not commenting on the case.”

What this means is the Teton County coroner is having his own press conference on the autopsy and the FBI and US Attorney will not be part of it. We still don’t know how much the coroner will reveal. Remember this is an FBI investigation.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1447950090086363138
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

Forgive me, since I'm sure this was answered pages and pages ago...but was the Spread Creek dry in August/September? Was there any water flowing, and if so, how much? Ankle deep? Knee deep? I feel like I've seen references to the potential of both dry conditions and flowing water.

SBM
BBM

You may well be right, but if so, what a pile of self-aggrandizing and grandstanding!

They sent out an official release announcing the press conference, and if they plan on not releasing the COD, they could just as easily have sent out an official release stating they completed the autopsy and that the FBI now had control.

I wonder if they are doing this very publicly because there is a tremendous amount of interest in Gabby’s case? As someone else mentioned, they can now say the report is being handed over to the FBI/someone else and maybe finish their part in it for now, giving their offices a relief from what’s likely been never ending questions.

They know exactly what can and cannot be released to the public.

MOO

I have wondered if, after the incident at the Merry Piglets on 8/27 where GP apologized to staff after BL repeatedly and angrily confronted them, BL decided to retaliate against GP for undermining him by locking GP out of the van for the night. And if so, maybe with a tent and sleeping bag and floor mat and firewood and matches and maybe not.

Typical minimum temperature on 8/27 for nearby Moose, WY is around 39 degrees F. I keep my refrigerator at 38 degrees F.

If GP were forced to camp outside throughout the night without adequate gear and provisions (ETA: or knowledge to use them) to keep herself warm in those temperatures, she may have succumbed to hypothermia. If she became wet in that creek, that would be even more likely.

If GP were suffering the effects of hypothermia and she had her phone with her, that could explain the odd text to GP's mother about Stan. If suffering the effects of hypothermia, GP may have been hallucinating that her grandfather was sending texts to her.

I'm very curious what time of day that text was sent and what the temperature would have been in that area around that time.

If such a scenario were to have happened, what would be the likely charges against the person who put GP in that position - locking her out of her van to cope with the elements on such a cold night and without adequate provisions?

KristinESQ:
You're right, there is. And it's easy for me to say "her father was so supportive of her, she could have just called him and he would have come to get her," but I know that life isn't that easy. I could say anything but it wasn't me in the situation and I'm not 22 years old engaged to someone that is supposed to be the love of my life.

I just wish so much for her that she could still be with us. It's so heartbreaking.

I absolutely think her family would have rescued her. But (this isn’t my situation but I have observed it a few times in the lives of friends) sometimes people don’t feel worthy of rescue - it’s something along the lines of: “I got myself into this mess, people expect me to get myself out.” So just to anyone who feels afraid to reach out in life —> there is no better way to honor a friend or someone else who loves you than to ask for their help. You are worthy of it and the people who love you want the chance to help you!

I have wondered if, after the incident at the Merry Piglets on 8/27 where GP apologized to staff after BL repeatedly and angrily confronted them, BL decided to retaliate against GP for undermining him by locking GP out of the van for the night. And if so, maybe with a tent and sleeping bag and floor mat and firewood and matches and maybe not.

Typical minimum temperature on 8/27 for nearby Moose, WY is around 39 degrees F. I keep my refrigerator at 38 degrees F.

If GP were forced to camp outside throughout the night without adequate gear and provisions to keep herself warm in those temperatures, she may have succumbed to hypothermia. If she became wet in that creek, that would be even more likely.

If GP were suffering the effects of hypothermia and she had her phone with her, that could explain the odd text to GP's mother about Stan. If suffering the effects of hypothermia, GP may have been hallucinating that her grandfather was sending texts to her.

I'm very curious what time of day that text was sent and what the temperature would have been in that area around that time.

If such a scenario were to have happened, what would be the likely charges against the person who put GP in that position - locking her out of her van to cope with the elements on such a cold night and without adequate provisions?
I don't think her death would have been classified as a homicide in that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong