Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangulation only takes a few minutes. People driving by couldn’t stop it. Moab Police saw the toxic relationship and couldn’t stop this from happening. Unless Gabby had gotten away from BL right then, and for good, this was a tragedy waiting to happen. IMO
IMO strangulation takes time. Snapping someone's neck takes no time. He could have stopped. He didn't. MOO

If the autopsy results are not public in the State of Wyoming, is it safe to assume we will probably never see the autopsy? Or do we think because it's a Federal case when all is said and done (hopefully soon..)that it will be released then?

Certainly thankful that she wasn't pregnant.

The horror of her KNOWING that she was being killed. Maybe face to face with him. UGH.

I'm going to give John Walsh a break, personally. His little boy was decapitated and I imagine he'd rather have had any other career than trying to find missing people. I think he’s so angry at BL that he just wants to keep his name out there as the murderer.

Well I guess I’ll see everyone in two threads from now by the time I hit “post reply.” This thread is going to fill very soon, I’m sure.

Finding her 3-4 weeks after death and outdoors, chances are that bones were found but not necessarily all bones. Having said that, it would seem to me it would be hard to identify bruising. I think it might be more probable that they found her hyoid bone fractured. IMHO, MOO, MOO!

From the doctor's press conference.

There is no definite date and time of death.
She was outside 3-4 weeks, according to coroner.

She was definitely murdered and they know it's strangulation, but he isn't giving up much information, like how they know that for sure.

Toxicology report results are not public knowledge so he "can't comment".

She was not pregnant. (A question that's irrelevant in every way I can think of)
Doctor states type of tests and analysis: full body CAT scan, exam by forensic pathologist, toxicology evaluation, and forensic anthropologist.

He cannot state how strangulation was determined. He stated that detailed analysis determined manner and cause of death, he said "nothing was obvious".

The body was in the wilderness for 3 to 4 weeks. That was his answer to a couple of questions, including whether the body was intact.

Death certificate is not completed at this time and in the state of WY they allow for approx. dates of death. He thinks it will contain not an exact date of death.

He can't comment on any findings of autopsy results. He can't specify if it was manual strangulation or with an item.

Exam was entirely done in Teton Co., WY.

"Was it obvious the cause not the manner was strangulation, or were you unaware from the beginning?" (an Ashley Banfield Q.) His answer was "nothing was obvious". The cause of death required investigation.

(This is all directly from the PC as he and reporters were talking.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member