Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

I agree - if there was that type of thing going on surely there would be visible marks on them and there is nothing to suggest that in their social media photos.

2. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

For me too-I think she was afraid to say he grabbed her by the throat and she scratched him.

3. ssanders1967

ssanders1967 New Member

I sure hope LE follows up with Miranda to see if she remembers seeing anything on him...I would imagine there would have to be since that was only a day or two later...I can't imagine that Gabby would not have been fighting with all of her might!

4. OceanElix

OceanElix Active Member

I respectfully disagree.

We don't know when they instructed a lawyer.

There is a considerable difference knowing the real story on Sept 1st and knowing the real story by Sept 11th when the attorney details were given.

5. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

Manson's death sentence was commuted to live in prison.

doxiemom3, Bluepopsicle, jash and 9 others like this.
  6. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

No evidence that they lawyered up “from the get-go” if you mean as soon as BL came home or sooner. They had lawyered when LE came by to ask questions which was not until Sept 11. GP’s family did not start making calls and sending texts and emails until the 10th.

It is very possible that the Laundries just didn’t press BL as to what happened when he returned alone, having no clue and not even thinking such a thing that Gabby was left, much less that she was dead and their son possibly killed her.

when the texts and emails let them know that no one had heard from GP and the family was worried, that’s when things heated up there and the Laundries decided they needed professional advice. They did right thing in calling for it. We do not know what BL told them.

I have a lot of adult kids and we do not discuss relationships with SO families.

7. Lmustang89

Lmustang89 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Gabby had older injuries

8. nocommoncents

nocommoncents Well-Known Member

If they do, it's in a place in their mind they've buried long ago. They didn't do this and are undoubtedly hating themselves just for bringing him into the world. BL doesn't get to share the blame with them. This is all him.

9. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

There is a photo of Gabby sitting near the sand dunes when she had been skateboarding on the sand (gliding) it’s on their social media. Her back is facing the camera and it looks widely bruised. Sorry I do not have a link to it.

10. meatandcookies

meatandcookies Well-Known Member

I think he was just interviewed as an expert and his opinion was that a murder charge will come soon. MOO

11. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

BBM. I think the only reason that would happen is if BL proves to be a disciplinary problem to himself or others in the prison. There have been books written on how to cope with prison life: Book Store | Prison Legal News

Marg from Oz likes this.
  12. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

So now that we know it was Gabby’s card that he used, what possible explanation could he have for running back to Florida with it, and without her? Even if, let’s say, he regularly had permission to use it, wouldn’t this be yet more evidence of guilt? What possible plausible reason could he have for both leaving her in the woods with no vehicle and none of her stuff, and also taking her debit card? In nobody’s universe would someone manage to do this, and not also be guilty of the murder.

13. ctmom

ctmom Well-Known Member

Her body was on the other side of the creek from where the van was parked.
    Measured in Google Earth, the locations of the van & her body are approx. 287 yards apart.
    The ground between is rocky creek, water flow in some places, others spots, not.

Attached Files:

14. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I wanted to reply to a post before the thread closed but missed it.

Strangulation in WY does allow for strangulation deaths to be consider pee-mediated.
    If strangulation is committed during a felony domestic violence charge (or other felonies) it is eligible to considered first degree (malice aforethought).

15. PrairieWind

PrairieWind Verified Attorney

That is rather perplexing since the likely murder didn't happen in Palm Beach County.

Marg from Oz, Luna20, gliving and 6 others like this.
  16. sirensong

sirensong Active Member

I agree, there is also evidence from GP's mother that tension between this couple was escalating during their trip. It is possible, anything is possible, but in this case improbable. It is distressing to me to keep hearing this said over and over again. MMO

17. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the science-based definition .....

Manual strangulation involves compression of the neck by using either one or both hands or by exercising pressure with another part of the body such as the forearm or knee.
    Strangulation - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

As referenced from the Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences (Second Edition)

Marg from Oz likes this.
  18. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

Sure, we're just speculating about BL using it as a potential excuse to wriggle out of first degree murder....

19. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

That’s the question. The coroners report has a large time period when death could have occurred. BL was not there for parts of that time period. That is provable as he was in the road on the way Home , and out hitchhiking.

20. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

He uses the term "they" so he's not referring to his own office. He's just explaining why there would be a delay. JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.