Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soylattesandsleuthing

soylattesandsleuthing Well-Known Member

FaLovesPa, Woodberry, jash and 14 others like this.

2. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

I try to compare too and I get lost in all of the trees.

Marg from Oz and citygirl like this.
  3. NewMommy09

NewMommy09 Well-Known Member

I agree it was not a slip up. Death by strangulation automatically defines this as domestic violence. It's not pointing a finger at BL specifically or saying anything about Gabbie's possible past experiences. Whoever strangled Gabbie, whether it be the most obvious, Brian, or some mysterious stranger that happened upon Gabbie out there, it's still Domestic Violence. IMO. Also, I'm in and out on these threads and miss a lot. Can anyone tell me if we have any proof or confirmation that BL was ever even at the reserve, I mean other than what his parents finally decided to disclose to LE?

4. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

Yes it is!

5. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

At that Moab stop he ooozed slime and amazingly the cops didn’t see it.
    I want to see the female’s body cam, WHERE IS THAT?

Kittybunny, Woodberry, jash and 18 others like this.
  6. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

What is a crime of passion?

A "crime of passion" or a "heat of passion crime" describes an intensely emotional state of mind induced by a type of provocation that would cause a reasonable person to act on impulse or without reflection.

7. Panda1989

Panda1989 Well-Known Member

ME TOO!!! I can not get a good layout! There's the 2 crosses, one is where she was actually found. The photos, some look in different areas from the stream. I get so confused by all of it because none of it tells a solid story to me. What I think now, is they had a long physical fight, or him hitting her and her trying to get away. Then finally caught her...and....well we all know the rest. JMO

Marg from Oz and GRT like this.
  8. OceanElix

OceanElix Active Member

Yes possibly.
    Are you thinking she was still alive when possibly dragged out or had already been murdered?
    The cadaver dogs didn't alert in the van so I wonder how long does it take for a dead body to emit smell that can be picked up by the scent dogs?

9. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

You've never heard of that? It's essentially strangulation.

10. Katerz

I’m wondering if he hit her hard in the face and made her bleed as he did it and that’s why all the evidence markers were like they were.. then he choked her. I hope she clawed the ever loving you know what out of his face.

11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

me too.
    Looks like he was targeted.
    It's a vicious world, the world of journalism.
    Security should have been a lot tighter for this press 'conference' that was really a one-lined press release.
    But it's the kind of thing that could follow his career.
    He's very good, he works hard and doesn't take shortcuts.
    Shameful thing to do.
    I hope there's an investigation.
    For his sake.

12. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

All of a sudden I am thinking BL told his parents what happened and that's why he's still on the lam.

Sad all around.

13. soylattesandsleuthing

soylattesandsleuthing Well-Known Member

Horrifying. I’m wondering now if he had tried it in the past.

Marg from Oz and JayWill like this.
  14. Katerz

No, I don’t make it a habit to go around doing that to people.. lol. When I first heard it I thought maybe he shook her violently by the neck, but from what I have seen it’s just another way of saying strangulation.

15. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Strangulation always makes me so sad because is so personal. Eye contact. Opportunities to stop, deliberate continuance. It takes time, and there is a struggle. It is face to face.

To imagine she died with him screaming and spitting in her face with his hands around her neck, is so painful. The fear of not being able to breathe, and of the person she loved doing this to her, alone in the wilderness, with no way out. She saw the devil in his eyes in that moment. I’m so sorry that’s the last thing she saw.

Strangulation can be determined in the first degree or with premeditation because of continuing past the point of passing out, until the victim is deceased. There is time to stop, and a knowledge of what you are doing, past the point of “passion” but consistent with violent rage. Sometimes victims urinate during the struggle. It’s a very horrible way to die and way too personal for it to not have been BL. IMO. Too sad.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  16. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz and they'll get you like this.
  17. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

This is not the exact place Gabby was found. This is the larger cross. The smaller cross and flowers from her step father are in shown in the Dr. Phil episode.

Marg from Oz and they'll get you like this.
  18. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

I think it is more likely to be 4(b) - one hand over the mouth to prevent the victim talking/crying so the perpetrator doesn;t have to hear what the victim has to say, and the other hand around to throat to reinforce my first point. It also forces the victim to think about survival rather than the point they were trying to make to the perpetrator. Double whammy.

19. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

His story is going to be that someone else killed her and that he happened upon the scene and fled out of fear he'd be accused. In fact, that's pretty much the first statement his lawyer put out about why they weren't talking to police.

There are what appear to be blood spots in the scene photos. If that's BL's blood, he doesn't stand a chance of succeeding with that defense. If it's Gabby's blood, who knows? If it's someone else's blood, the whole story changes.

20. sleuth4justice

sleuth4justice Well-Known Member

Yes, I know someone like that too. Men that are abusive towards others, especially women, and then calm down and collect themselves when police come over, are IMO not only evil men but also weak men and cowards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.