Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

probably somewhere between WY and FL imo

2. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

They had that van for weeks after she passed. Plenty of time to destroy evidence, imo

teedie2, jash, Marg from Oz and 5 others like this.
  3. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

I'm not saying LE were right, but you have to take into account that, at this point they had no clue Gabby would be murdered a couple of weeks later.

We look at the video through a different lens from theirs.

In hindsight I'm sure they wish they'd handled it differently, but I do feel even if they had, the outcome would still have been the same.

What ifs seldom serve a purpose.

4. cady

cady Well-Known Member

They are both homicide-death by strangulation. The erotic defense, would be proffered in court. jmo

5. r131313

r131313 Well-Known Member

We don't know that he is, so they will not be referring to him as her killer until LE says otherwise.

Marg from Oz and Nikynoo like this.
  6. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

I’ve said before that he reminds me very much of my ex (and his parents remind me of my ex in-laws). My ex is diagnosed with anti social personality disorders (ticks all the boxes for sociopathy) and would go for the throat when he was angry, and it was rarely anything to do with me. One time he was just angry that his favorite team didn’t advance in the playoffs and I said they could try again next year.

The thing about this sort of person is they seem completely blank expression wise, until they lose their minds. They can be completely seething inside and snap and you don’t know it’s coming. She didn’t have to be dumping him for him to snap, I highly doubt it was about that at all. I think he was worked up still about the restaurant issue and then she could have brought it up to start a discussion and he lost it.

7. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

IMO he’s just digging Brian’s grave deeper and deeper. I don’t care what Gabby could have done to him, there is NOTHING to justify him strangling her for MINUTES! NOTHING. There is no excuse that BL could ever give that would make what he did okay. Not with the amount of time it took for her to die with his hands around her neck.

8. gliving

gliving Woof

Hmm, why would this department be filing charges?

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said that after Petito's cause of death was announced Tuesday, murder charges will be filed in this case, but the question is when.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."

9. angelwngs

angelwngs Well-Known Member

The most premeditated part of losing the evidence is BL coming home and vanishing to give his own body time to destroy ALL the evidence that Gabby fought for her life. All self preservation scratches, cuts and bruises that Gabby might have inflicted are vanished by time. So horribly sad.., IMO

10. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

Exactly. Lol

11. Floy1

Floy1 Active Member

Shocking, does give some sort of relief to hear that there is a clear outcome of the authopsy.
    Apologies if this is already discussed in this thread, did I hear correctly that the coroner said in the Q&A:
    -Gabby was not pregnant
    -Dr Blue mentioned 'other victims of DV'

These pressumed slip-ups bij Dr Blue are quite significant IMO

12. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

I know that. But they don’t need to call him her fiancé either. They had called off the wedding it’s not even the most accurate description. I just don’t like the way he’s associated with her after death. It’s just my own opinion. Makes me cringe every time I hear it.

13. ctmom

ctmom Well-Known Member

He grabbed her by her neck because he got away with grabbing her face. :(
    #progression

14. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

It does not eliminate that at all. The coroner’s statement simply said
    "Unfortunately this is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved with domestic violence, and it's unfortunate that these other deaths did not get as much coverage as this one," Blue said.

It does not say outright that Gabby died from DV. The DV episode was known before the autopsy.

15. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

16. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Exactly, able to adapt to/manipulate the situation, be who he wants to be. At the restaurant he wanted to be a jerk, with LE he wanted to be the calm/sane one. MOO

17. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Just curious… do most of those males exhibit the behavior we’ve seen in this case? BL fled the scene of the crime, ditched their phones, stole Gabby’s vehicle, went home and hung out in the park like nothing happened with his nephews, lawyered up and refused to say a word to LE, then disappeared as Gabby’s body was discovered. IMO, all these things can factor in to the case. JMO.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  18. sarahboirin

sarahboirin Verified Crafter

it looked like 15 to me

19. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

If I'm right in my understanding, sometimes a person who is on death row can go years, if not decades, whilst incarcerated if they keep appealing their sentence?

So sometimes it's feasible for a person to be imprisoned for a lengthy period of time but still face the death penalty?

The death penalty was abolished in the UK in 1965, but even back then I don't think we had the lengthy 'stays' of execution and appeals process like you guys have across the pond.

MOO

20. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

I agree. Applies to women abusers too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.