Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone believes that GP and BL actually camped at the spot she was found or was it a dumping site? I do not believe that she camped there at that location. First reason, she appeared to camp close to the van at other campsites per her posted video. Second, very rocky terrain to go back and forth if you needed to go back to the van. Also, it was posted that she sent a snapchat about heading to Yellowstone on the 27th. In addition, the van was left in a very isolated location, almost hidden by trees. I wonder if she would have even been located if not for the Youtuber's Go Pro video. I wonder if they got into an argument inside the van on their way to Yellowstone. Perhaps, he pulled over because he didn't want to experience what he had in Moab. Could he have strangled her right in the passenger seat somewhere between Jackson and Spread Creek Rd turnoff?

On Dr Phil, the step father mentioned a firepit and a clearing area where a tent would have been. It's possible that the firepit was there long before she was placed there.

Also, she was wearing a sweatshirt. Would a sweatshirt be worn in the afternoon hours in Jackson during an August afternoon.

Would love to hear the thoughts of others.
thank you for reading

I believe dumping site. I think he was either killing her in the van when the RV family drove by or she was already dead.

As for her sweatshirt, if they were in a restaurant just prior, she may have been cold from the AC. Same with the van, if he likes to crank it up snd she gets cold easily. She also may have been wearing it to cover bruising, particularly on her neck if he had choked her prior, between the Moab stop and when she died.

Last edited:
Good Morning WS Buds!
We have a worse problem than speculating about the past whys and wherefores of this case. That cud can be further chewed during trial.
We have a guy who is capable of throttling the life out of someone he claimed to love for reasons unknown to anybody but him...secreted somewhere and protected by someone.
Should his handlers lose control of him and he resurrects his all consuming desire to roam, he's out of their control, out of the general public's control, ripe and ready to shop for another convert to the cult of Brian. Someone else's daughter. Heck, if it worked once...
This guy needs to be caught - fast.
He's got a cumulative self-control problem. He's content to whack somebody when the whining and complaining annoy him. He's also fully capable of strangling someone once he's reached the end of his tether.
The cause of death gave us more insight into what's rolling around BL's fevered brain. You NEVER want your or anyone else's daughter being talked into another road trip with this guy. The internet can be a great met and greet world. It can also be a diabolical blind in which murder crouches waiting.
If LE doesn't have this mindset, they had better hop to making it the main thrust of their investigation.
MOOing.
Totally agree. He killed once, it will be easy the next time.

I'm concerned for many single women friends that live in rural areas off the AT, BRP, Smokey Mts. I know they are vigilant since the rumor BL could be in NC/VA. Not a good feeling until he's caught or proven dead. Moo...

Not sure if this has been mentioned as I'm in and out of the threads and virtually impossible for me to keep up. If apprehended, would Brian be inclined to use a defense relating to accidental death during passion. How would one determine an accidental death in this manner versus intent to actually cause harm? Is there a difference in terminology between suffocation and strangulation and can forensics differentiate between the two?

I guess if he had to pick somewhere to hide or give the appearance of hiding he picked two great places. Both are huge and impossible to search thoroughly. Personally I think he is alive, but not in either of those two places. I think he headed somewhere in the lower US. Our winters are nothing compared to back east. Sadly I don't think he will be found very soon and fear this may drag on. JMO

As a DV victim, I can tell you that we take all the blame so as not to make the abuser more angry. Because they will make you pay the next time you are alone with them. Also, he could have been abusing her in other ways causing her to hit him. Perhaps she was trying to get her phone and keys back because he was threatening to steal her van and leave her there stranded.

Moo.
If only he would have left her stranded. Maybe then she could have went somewhere and called her dad to come help. We'll never know. MOO Speculation

I feel very sorry them. In no world should a frenzied mob be entitled to terrorize a family. The street should be blocked off and intruders arrested. This is not okay. I'm disappointed in how this is being handled.
I'm sorry for the harassment that they are enduring, but I think that they know that they can end it by cooperating with investigators, which they refuse to do. And they need better counsel. SB is not advising in their best interest. Someone knows that BL is alive....they may not know where he is exactly, but that he is alive. JMO

do we know for a fact that she was the initiator? She seemed to be too willing to take the blame, all the while crying and looking very confused and scared. It was pathetic to watch. I do believe that she was reacting to his manipulating her. And I got the impression that this was not a new dynamic. For example, when she grabbed her face to demonstrate how he did it to her. She looked terrified. MOO

In hindsight, it seems impossible to regard Gabby as "the aggressor," but at the time, given what various witnesses had said and, more importantly, visible injuries, Brian had more injuries than Gabby. The one officer tries to get Gabby to talk about her facial injury (I am not sure she knows she had it or that it was a visible scratch). The Ranger tries to tell Gabby that her relationship is not healthy (they. can all see it). But police have to look at physical facts and listen to the admissions of the detainees. Brian had scratches, and Gabby says she made those scratches and that she initiated physical contact. In fact, she admits to two different incidents - one in Moab, and then again just as they are being pulled over - she punches him in the arm.

I am one of those who believes we can see a thumbprint bruise on the back right side of Gabby's neck when she is in the sand dunes. It's not visible when her hair is down (she was wearing a pony tail there). Might have been another version of "face shmooshing".

What I really want to know from the Laundrie parents (and never will know) is just how often Brian had meltdowns at home. Was he capable of self soothing if he could walk out to the preserve for hours or be by himself in his room? Was it generally understood that Gabby needed to stay at a friend's house when the relationship seemed to be causing meltdowns? How long had he been doing the meltdown thing? Had he ever been violent in other ways?

My take on this entire thing has been more like what you've just posted.
I believe when Brian assaulted Gabby in Moab, and it was so public with police involvement, she decided it was time to end things. I believe Gabby sent Brian home while she decided what to do next. That's why he was gone for a week and was moving her things out of the storage locker. Somehow Brian managed to get back into her good graces, but I think by this time he was seething with anger.
He flew back, promised to keep himself in check and treat her better. Then the fight at the Merry Piglet made her realize he wasn't going to change, she told him it was over and he drove to a private location and killed her.
The most dangerous time in an abusive relationship is when the abused person attempts to leave.
I wish we knew if BLs flight home was planned/ticketed from the beginning of the trip or if it was spontaneous. Just my own wondering and speculation.

Would like to add that autopsies are not as ‘glamorous’ as seen on TV. The ME does not do everything and in cases like this, as he stated, multiple people in different areas of specialty are brought in.

He likely performed the standard portion of the autopsy which almost doctors are well qualified to do. There was most likely a number of forensic experts present (photographer, evidence collection, etc) and he stated that an anthropologist was present. Given that, I’m more than confident that there is no reason to doubt his qualification or findings.

MOO
Dr Blue did not do the autopsy. He's only a coroner. They brought in an actual forensic pathologist to do the post mortem. Dr Blue may have been a looky-loo in the room, but a qualified pathologist did the autopsy.

"The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow. The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles east."

Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

Smock is also the medical director for the Training Institute on Strangulation Prevention, a program of Alliance for HOPE International, which aims to educate legal and medical professionals about the dangers of strangulation and improve offender accountability.

"It is so easy for one individual to put their hands or arms around another individual and render them unconscious, dead, or somewhere in-between," he said.

Smock said the neck is "extremely delicate." He said it takes only 11 pounds of pressure to block blood flow to the brain. He said the average woman's handshake is 60 to 80 pounds of pressure.

Smock said being strangled for only moments can permanently damage blood vessels, cartilage, vocal cords, and the spinal cord. It takes just seconds longer for strangulation to cause blood clots, brain injuries, and strokes.

"We have to put into statute that applying pressure to the neck is a dangerous and felonious act that results in injuries to the individual or death," he said.

"Strangulation is really the last warning shot before a homicide," Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Sherrie Miday said. "And we're trying to prevent those homicides."
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...-the-public-from-the-most-dangerous-criminals

I'm sorry for the harassment that they are enduring, but I think that they know that they can end it by cooperating with investigators, which they refuse to do. And they need better counsel. SB is not advising in their best interest. Someone knows that BL is alive....they may not know where he is exactly, but that he is alive. JMO
I 100% agree. They have brought a lot of this on themselves, and they are not doing anything to change their situation. They want to carry on with life as normal, but their current circumstances have not and will not make that possible. People will never forget that their son is a murderer. People will never forget their silence.

Almost like those protesters did with CaL. They told her they'd leave if she came out and talked and she did.
The parents either need someone asking the right questions or something similar to happen, Maybe they'd say something that would help.
ChL did seem to me like he may have considered saying something when mowing this morning. MOO

and one to her hitting him.
Yes, we've been through this so many times.
1) eyewitness calls LE to report man slapping and hitting woman. Then they get in the van and drive off. That first witness did not see BL trying to steal the van and her phone, and her slapping him to try to stop it.
2) Chris relates what he saw from his point of view, ie the frenzy as BL tried to steal the van and her phone, and her slapping the would-be thief in her terror of being left with no belongings. Chris did not know it was her van, for all he knew it was his van and he described her slapping as possibly play acting, and the result being her fighting her way into the van.

As I mentioned several times, had someone been trying to steal everything I owned, I would have done a lot more that slap that person in a play acting manner.

In any case, he was beating on her first, from the actual recording of the first eye witness.

Their behavior tells me that they know he's alive. Unless they are really unfeeling people who do not care if their child is dead or alive...JMO

thats so odd because I literally heard him answer a question from Elieen Lehpamer at the 17:15 mark ...where he states he couldn't confirm if it was manual strangulation or with a ligature...so why did he say that to Anderson Cooper?
whether manual or ligature it is still strangulation by a human.

How does reactive abuse work?

Reactive abuse occurs when the victim reacts to the abuse they are experiencing. The victim may scream, toss out insults, or even lash out physically at the abuser. The abuser then retaliates by telling the victim that they are, in fact, the abuser.

Often the abuser will do something called dog whistling. This is emotional abuse that is very subtle and happens in public. It demeans the victim and the sole purpose is getting the victim to then react in a way that makes THEM appear to be the abusive or crazy one. It's a more subtle form of gaslighting that narcissists tend to use.

yes and gaslighting. Classic dynamic for crazy making. MOO

Their behavior tells me that they know he's alive. Unless they are really unfeeling people who do not care if their child is dead or alive...JMO
Well all of their actions so far have shown them to be uncaring, heartless people, so it’s possible he’s dead and they just don’t care. Look at how they treated the Schmidts/Petitos, they were silent. They removed the sign of GP from their front lawn even though that used to be her home too. Uncaring and heartless.
But I believe he is alive and I believe they know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998