Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

I've heard both ?

Gabby's family had to have been frantic with worry.
    The silence from the Laundrie household was ominous --even though at that time Gabby was just 'missing'.
    MOO.

they'll get you, borndem, d4j and 5 others like this.

2. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

My goodness what are they waiting on? I would have thought they would have certainly had them involved. Like if you’ve got a federal fugitive on your hands, I feel like those ppl would be the first phone call! That’s kinda their thing lol.

3. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

How is he even representing BL when he cannot say whether he is alive or dead? Who is instructing him? What documentation does he have that enables him to do this?
    You know, I'd imagined he had something up his sleeve, like a high powered criminal lawyer for his clients on tap. I'd imagined they had retained him and been introduced and signed all necessary papers on the day they visited Orlando. That's a castle made of sand.

4. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

The problem is he is trying to represent essentially 2 clients with different interests equally and it isn't working out so well. Here's the best example I can give, I'm sitting in the couch with my wonderful blanket that's the perfect size for me (this isn't a hypothetical either), but Child 1 decides she wants to sit beside me and cover up too. Well, I can make it work for two people. No big deal. Then Child 2 decides he needs to sit on the other side and share said blanket. Child 2 gets covered up, but now we've got an issue because Child 1's feet are uncovered. So we pull and turn and tug and get Child 1 covered up only to find that Child 2's elbow is out (kids). So we try again, but it doesn't matter how many times we adjust this blanket, it isn't going to work. So what do I say? Go get your own!

Same thing with the lawyer. No matter how he phrases his statements, he's only partially covering one of his clients. If he was really doing what was in the best interest of his clients, he would say, go get your own lawyer so you can be fully covered. It's not personal, but I can't adequately represent you. The fact that he's not gives me great concern about where his ethical needle points and makes me doubt how cooperative he really is.

If you look back, a lot of things that he has said the FBI knows, they have literally found out the day he confirms it to the media. I've said it before, I'll say it again: They're not volunteering information, but if confronted with it, they're not withholding it. It's just up to the FBI to find the info first.

Eta: Ironically, I have 3 kids and I realized after the fact that I could have extended my analogy even further to include CaL.

Child 3 comes in and wants to share said blanket and there's just absolutely positively no way that works. So they're just kind of left to fend for themselves... just like CaL. SB can't defend her because he's stretched too thin, therefore she is left in the dark.

Not my Child 3, though, we have plenty of blankets in this house, and I bought a few XXL ones. Eeeeeevvvvverybody is covered.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 1:27 AM
    amizeee, AmandaSkis, CLGM and 35 others like this.
  5. Panda1989

Panda1989 Well-Known Member

They just lack any integrity, compassion, refusal to cooperate, the list goes on and on. I don't blame GP's dad one bit. His kid's van is at the house and BL was there and GP wasn't and wasn't heard from for over a week. I wouldn't have been one bit surprised if he busted through their door at full running speed or kicked it right down. He saw the signs, he's not stupid. JMO

borndem, BellaVita, Trident and 11 others like this.
  6. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

SB did use the word “when” in a statement saying “…when BL is found…” I think he def knows way more than he claims about BL’s location. Speaking of which…
    I’ve heard a bunch of attorneys say that if SB knows where BL is, he is not required to tell LE. However, if SB is asked by LE where BL is & SB does in fact know that info, SB cannot lie to the police. Is there some truth to that? If so, surely LE would have straight up asked. Surely…

ETA: fixed typo.

7. kittythehare

Well it seems they didn't remember this particular day until the FBI remembered it first. They sorta had- ta 'fess up IMO.
    They met LE in their home, summoned them, if you like, to report B missing initially accompanied by their lawyer on speakerphone. They refused to discuss Gabby on that occasion. Tuesday to Friday. Is not Monday to Friday so they lied.

MsBetsy, ctmom, Estelle and 3 others like this.
  8. PitkinGirl

PitkinGirl Active Member

Can you give me more info on couple
    Can you point me in the direction of the couple catching BL on video, pls? Is this different from the video of the van?

9. TigerLou

TigerLou Well-Known Member

I see what you’re thinking but I’ve seen that all along and thought that was a gear bag of sorts.

This is the first time I’ve heard her described in the video as being covered by the black tarp/blanket. (But I’ve had to scan fast and skip pages a few times, when I’m chasing kids and the threads are moving fast.)

I know there are posters who have the footage or a screen shot they have DM’d to people. <modsnip> I’m not positive I want to see it but my curiosity is ridiculously high at the moment. I would like to think BL covered her…

Also, MOO is he’s alive and running. If he were so distraught over what he’d done, he would have ended himself sooner—not run again. Not that he won’t. I could see his capture being tricky, especially if he’s armed and cornered. But I think he’s alive and very much too much of a coward to just quietly end it.

(Edited for typos)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021 at 11:37 AM
    My2Boys, Dolly27, ctmom and 2 others like this.
  10. customCF

customCF Well-Known Member

I'm a bit surprised that JP held himself back from going over there and kicking in the door. What's a B&E charge when your daughter is missing and nobody is talking.

d4j, borndem, angelainwi and 10 others like this.
  11. Panda1989

Yes I posted a video about this earlier. Would you like me to send you the link privately as to not clog up the thread?

ctmom, LietKynes and customCF like this.
  12. ringbearer

ringbearer Well-Known Member

I asked a while back if they alway put the tent over the body. I think they do. Which led me to conclude that anything not under the tent was gear.

JudgeJoe, ctmom and TigerLou like this.
  13. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

And age, class, sex, etc.

14. scorpius

scorpius Active Member

edited it for intended message. i meant to say the van on video, not him, though i'm nearly convinced he was there and dumping her that very moment. Just doesnt sound like she passed there.

Estelle and PitkinGirl like this.
  15. Panda1989

I am too! And exactly, I wouldn't care what my charge was, where the heck is my kid? I applaud him for having restraint. I can't say the same for myself ;) It's such a shame they couldn't even face him and had to call the police. I would've been seeing red.

angelainwi, Trident, JudgeJoe and 4 others like this.
  16. MayT

MayT Member

Hmmm. Follow up question…
    Would the fact that she had scratched him 2 weeks prior to death, mean that any DNA found under her nails once they did the autopsy, be void?
    Horrible sentence structure…sorry. I’m tired :oops:

17. kittythehare

They're called WOOFERS. You can google search them and find any information you need.

18. TigerLou

TigerLou Well-Known Member

I would think though that putting the tent up over the victim would contaminate the crime scene. Since it takes multiple people and they kind of walked it open. But they certainly could have opened the tent then walked it over to where it needed to be. I didn’t feel like they did that, but I could be wrong. Maybe I watch too much CSI.

nimaathep, George Fayne and ctmom like this.
  19. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

I wonder if SB's changing story could be a direct result of a call from the FBI saying "Could you please ask your clients if they could be mistaken, because we now have (CCTV) evidence of the Mustang going to the reserve on the 13th, not the 14th."

20. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thread is tucked in for the night now.

Check back in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.