Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cady

cady Well-Known Member

I wish that she would clarify that the pics of BL and kids on tree limbs are not from 9/6, but the one pic of B and kids near water is from 9/6. In that pic his back is to us and he is wearing one of those sun-runners to protect his bald head and neck from the sun...or, if we are REALLY suspicious, lol, to hide scratches on his neck. Seriously, I think scratches would have healed by then. jmo

jash, JB1958, jjonez and 6 others like this.

2. CaffienatedOwl

CaffienatedOwl Well-Known Member

I have watched this video no less than 10 times and am not seeing a thing... can someone timestamp it for me or help me understand what I should be looking for (other than the obvious)? THANK YOU

Idon'tneedthesame and JudgeJoe like this.
  3. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

I guess it's left to individual interpretation. I can read the Stafford statement to mean either.

JudgeJoe and Nikynoo like this.
  4. Estelle

Estelle Well-Known Member

I think if he was at all suicidal, it would have been in the days after GP's demise. Once he got the support of his parents and lawyer, I think he would have chosen survival mode.

5. cady

cady Well-Known Member

I wish that she would clarify that the pics of BL and kids on tree limbs are not from 9/6, but the one pic of B and kids near water is from 9/6. In that pic his back is to us and he is wearing one of those sun-runners to protect his bald head and neck from the sun...or, if we are REALLY suspicious, lol, to hide scratches on his neck. Seriously, I think scratches would have healed by then. jmo
    Never means never. jmo

6. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I agree. "That's what he did when he..." It at least shows there was some pattern of behavior, and something that would routinely happen in the relationship between he and Gabby, something that was a common thing for Brian to do.

7. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

I did not actually watch the interview, but I remember reading somewhere at the time that she only said the picture from the back was taken 9/6, but nothing was specifically said about the other two photos and it was just implied that they were also from the 6th. But I can't remember where I read that so I can't verify it...MOO

cady likes this.
  8. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Honestly he doesn’t even need to do any of that. The only thing anyone really needs to be incognito these days is a face mask. /JMO

9. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

That's what never means to me. but, clearly, it seems to have a much more narrow definition to others in this context. I think the clarification of what is/was meant may reveal conditions about various relationships among some of the involved individuals.

tiara1972 and Veronica Sawyer like this.
  10. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

And a hat. Even with a mask, his hairline is kind of obvious, I would think, but a hat would cover the balding area and a mask would cover the rest pretty much.

11. CaffienatedOwl

CaffienatedOwl Well-Known Member

IMO I dont think this means he WENT to their house, I think this could be just multiple phone calls. They knew he lived in the area, maybe they felt threatened, etc.

12. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

We have no reason to believe that he has ever been there. He had only moved to Florida recently imho and he lives on the other ide of the state

13. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Or Miami!
    He could be anywhere!
    Further north u go the more rural it becomes. up to the panhandle
    Lots of places to hide in Florida!

Blue Amethyst, JB1958 and Barbie619 like this.
  14. GDawg89

GDawg89 Well-Known Member

THIS...I like your post here, ty!

Blue Amethyst, JB1958 and Barbie619 like this.
  15. LinneaE

LinneaE Well-Known Member

I don't know and I am not sure if he or other family members were ever asked this question. I do know that JP and her mom called and texted repeatedly. JP sent them a text saying he was calling the police (at this time he did know Brian had arrived back home on Sept 1 with Gabby's van). All of Gabby's family's calls/texts went unanswered by ALL of the Laundrie family members including CL. I would love a reporter to ask CL why Gabby's family's calls to her went unanswered

16. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

There may have been no scratches from the murder. Strangulation can render someone unconscious in a few seconds. While it takes time to kill someone, if the blood flow to the brain (carotid artery on the sides of the neck) is interrupted the person immediately passes out and won't fight. I'm not sure BL would have had any scratches from this encounter. However, I don't think the abuse stopped at Moab, I think once he came back it continued and escalated, so he may have had some bruises or wounds from previous attacks on Gabby.
    I do believe that's why his family immediately hid him from authorities. I'm not sure the neighbors who saw Brian mowing the lawn or out on a bike ride would have noted any bruises or wounds.

steeltowngirl and Warwick7 like this.
  17. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

But talking about BL going incognito, many have referenced him visibly shaking and stuttering at the beginning of the Moab video. He appears nervous to speak with the cops at first. If he knows the extent of everything going on (I say if in an attempt to give some consideration to him being missing), would he be able to act normal in public, or would he have nervous ticks?

MsBetsy and Mom24 like this.
  18. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Is CL Cassie? If so, CaL stated she never received any calls from Gabby's family. Either she's lying about that, or Gabby's family had the wrong cellphone number.

19. LinneaE

LinneaE Well-Known Member

I would love to know why she did not respond to Gabby's family's texts/calls. If she had no idea anything was wrong why did she not respond?

20. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.