Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no reason to believe that he has ever been there. He had only moved to Florida recently imho and he lives on the other ide of the state
And if Gabby wanted to hang out with her dad and his family, she would have driven the relatively short distance to see them. At their home. jmo

It definitely would look suspicious, but of course, GP was neither missing nor her body found by that point.
A lot looks suspicious in hindsight now. That's where this garden bunker theory came from. Every move wasn't being analyzed at that point.

This might be a gross question, but if her skin was for the most part gone (given the length of time she was exposed to the elements) would the coroner be able to tell if she was sexually assaulted? Is that something the anthropologist would assist in determining?

IMO, the mysterious trip that BL took in mid August is a big key in who, what, where, when and why BL did what he did to Gabby. The Laundrie family, their attorney and the FBI are keeping that information a big secret. Why?
Sister CL stated earlier when questioned about this trip ( No link...but it's out there )..." That's what he did when he..." Then she stopped talking, even stating " I'm not supposed to talk about this"

DTBH wants to talk to CL. I wonder why?

IMO, it doesn't or shouldn't take 4 days to 'empty out a storage LOCKER'. ( I'm giving two days for air travel)
WHAT exactly was BL doing for those 4 days?

Not that it makes much sense, but it's possible a return flight with a 4 day stay was cheaper than one with a one day stay, at least with the Delta direct flight that seems to be the case.

Of course the best way to have saved money would be to not fly, but not much makes sense in this case.

See, that's what is interesting to me. A father that ostensibly moves to another state to be near his daughter (possibly, coupled with other reasons), does not *ever* see where she's living. The characterization that Vero Beach is on the other side of the state rings hollow to me... after all, Florida is not that wide... it's what maybe three hours (tops)? Could be. Just peaked my interest. Could mean nothing, I suppose.

Moo imo I am not seeing anything nefarious in it. What I deduce from this is that the uproar SM, including this site, has been making over the Laundries not returning phone calls wasn't felt by GPs father or he would have driven the couple of hours over to ask in person before calling NPPD. Or at least I would have. Unless there was already bad blood between the families and GPs dad didn't want to interact with BLs parents. And if so, then that could also work the other way as to why the Laundries originally didn't respond to texts.

I am not wedded to this. The more likely scenario is that when they got the texts asking about the kids they asked BL and then he told them the truth. And then the bottom fell out if their world and they didn't want to talk to anyone. And for the people who say, "They could have just called and said they can't say anything". Just imagine how that would go iver with the Petito family. Especially if it was followed by blocking their calls.

If B is still alive and hiding out somewhere some one needs to be helping him. There is no way he is living off the land for this long. My question would be, who else could be helping him? A grandparent, godparent, an aunt or uncle, or a cousin? Sounds like he really didn't have many or any friends, so it would have to be family of some type. Not asking anyone to start investigating his extended family, I would think LE has already been investigating this. Other then extended family, maybe a close friend of B's parents. Just don't know why anyone would be helping him now knowing what he did. Maybe in the beginning since they didn't know what B did and now they feel they are in too deep and have to keep up with it. IDK, All MOO.

I agree with you. IMO unless his parents paid for six months in advance for an apartment somewhere in the US and he has food delivered in another name or he has escaped to another country with a stash of cash or he has found a woman who has fallen for him and he is living with her, I think hiking trails would be a too obvious a place for him to choose especially during the winter as he would have to carry too many things to keep him warm plus finding food supplies.

The video showing Gabby's body doesn't exist any longer. The video that is still accessible and viewable today has been edited to cut that part out.

What some of us saw was a live feed from KSL, it wasn't the feed you can access now. There are people in LE who also saw it who are now commenting, but the actual video isn't available to be seen now.

The only reason some of on here saw it was because we were watching it live on the KSL facebook site at the moment that the copter flew over. One of the anchors immediately commented "should we be recording this?". The live feed was cut and that piece has since been edited out.

When you watch the video today of the copter flying over the site, you can clearly tell it's cut at specific spots. So if you're looking for the full original video, it doesn't exist for public viewing.

Thank you for this. Was her body found UNDER the tent that they put up? or was it closer to where that group of searchers/LE were standing?

Dog's probably right because CL stated that the FBI told her not to talk about some aspects.

But thinking she's going to blurt them out to him is just silly, in my opinion.

CL, to me, looked weak in that interview or at a breaking point. She changed some dates and answered more than the parents did. Maybe Dog thinks he can catch her in a lie or get more concrete dates, since she changed them. Maybe he thinks she'll crack. I think it's smart to try and go over to the one family member's house who IS talking a little and looked at the end of her rope. JMO

Definitely alive.

(I'm hoping) found dead. Soon.
If he is found dead, there will be no trial for him. No horrible, gruesome coroner testimony & pictures -- thereby sparing her parents that agony. No chance for a hung jury & a re-trial. No chance for a "Not Guilty" verdict.
He will have been already judged. IMO. Grrrrr.

Maybe a trial for the 'rents, however.

Last edited:
CL, to me, looked weak in that interview or at a breaking point. She changed some dates and answered more than the parents did. Maybe Dog thinks he can catch her in a lie or get more concrete dates, since she changed them. Maybe he thinks she'll crack. I think it's smart to try and go over to the one family member's house who IS talking a little and looked at the end of her rope. JMO

My guess is that she won't even talk to him, but that is just MOO.

What dates did she change? I don't recall it but may have missed it.

IF the Laudrie's had changed their numbers, the Petito family would have gotten an error message when they tried to call or text, or had some stranger answer the phone. If that were the case, it is hard to believe we would not have heard about that.

Moo imo I am not seeing anything nefarious in it. What I deduce from this is that the uproar SM, including this site, has been making over the Laundries not returning phone calls wasn't felt by GPs father or he would have driven the couple of hours over to ask in person before calling NPPD. Or at least I would have. Unless there was already bad blood between the families and GPs dad didn't want to interact with BLs parents. And if so, then that could also work the other way as to why the Laundries originally didn't respond to texts.

I am not wedded to this. The more likely scenario is that when they got the texts asking about the kids they asked BL and then he told them the truth. And then the bottom fell out if their world and they didn't want to talk to anyone. And for the people who say, "They could have just called and said they can't say anything". Just imagine how that would go iver with the Petito family. Especially if it was followed by blocking their calls.
The call/text non-responsiveness in September 2021 is less challenging for me to understand than the (possible) lack of "visit" to the Laundrie neighborhood/home *ever* by Mr. Petito. Those are my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas