Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, some physical evidence is there. Yes, there have been murder convictions on pure circumstantial evidence, but it’s riskier. What’s considered reasonable doubt is not something measurable.

The Laci Peterson case is an example of circumstantial evidence carrying the conviction. Was it possible that her body could have been dumped where her husband happened to have spent the day she disappeared just to incrimate him, since it was found after news came out where he had been? Yes, it COULD HAVE, but with all the reason he had to be rid of her and lack of anyone else having any motive, and the difficulty of stashing her body for a time and just dumping it there did not seem reasonable to the jurors. It was not as outrageous as a Big Foot entering the scene but considered unreasonable.

With BL who does frequently go off on long walk abouts alone in the wild, is it possible he went off on one after, say a heated argument to just get away, cool off, and return to a campsite without Gabby, and he comes across her body and freaks out, panics, knowing well that the relationship was gong down hill, the DV being on record with him even so saying. Gabby possibly telling friends and family. So he bolts. Takes the van , heads home and just won’t talk about it. Maybe hopes Everyone will think she left the campsite and disappeared as some young women have in many cases, not to be found. Maybe he had hit her, caused bleeding, knows his DNA showing damage. Fear of getting blamed overcomes all other considerations. Can’t face it and media and citizen attention just too much so he bolts again. How reasonably can this be presented by his attorney? That will be the question. When and if he is found
That case is another where my gut tells me he's guilty as hell, but would not have voted guilty if I were on the jury. :/

I agree I think it will be I’m conjunction with other evidence even if it’s circumstantial, his behaviour after the fact doesn’t seem like a dotting fiancé, using her cards illegally, taking her van back home, going missing. It all paints a picture and I think with DNA it could certainly sway a jury plus whatever else the FBI has got. I’m hoping so anyway. MOO
FWIW, while I realize there is much that either is not known or not released for public consumption, I have seen nothing (yet) that would compel me to think the murder of Petito was carried out by Laundrie.

It is still in the TOS rules . Mod Note:
Please Read and Acknowledge

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread

I would recommend listening to tonight's YT podcast first.
Also, just a point of information…

Tricia sometimes discusses things on her show that are not permitted here. Mod posts on first page of thread are the current rules for the thread. When in doubt, PM a Mod.

The original poster I’m referring to was @imstilla.grandma and @Arkay commented on it.

BL responds, "Sorry, I, I, I, I, don't have time to defend myself by sitting here."

Whilst it could be interpreted many ways, this one sentence is a deep dive into his mind. And a window into the moments in the van immediately preceding.
This one sentence has shot through me like ice cold water with an overriding feeling that had the Moab stop not happened, gabby might have died that day. I’m disgusted with how the Moab stop went down and convinced the female park rangers cam holds some valuable info we don’t have. JMO

I've never heard of DNA from a perpetrator being embedded inside of a person who was strangled. JMO.
I'm thinking transfer from under the nails of the victim. Victim grabs and claws killer and gathers dna under victims nails then claws and pries at (victims) own neck to alleviate killers grasp. But in all likelihood the remains were in pretty bad shape at 3-4weeks. The fact they brought in an anthropologist is telling.

I think Gabby's last texts to her mom are going to be very revealing in this case, when BL is caught and charged. Something was going on, clearly LE doesn't want it discussed, at that time and it's important. BL knows and Gabby's mom knows.

ITA. Her mom said there was increasing tension in their relationship. There had to be some concerning conversations. I really wish we knew more about what exactly went on between Moab and Merry Piglets. MOO

Whilst it could be interpreted many ways, this one sentence is a deep dive into his mind. And a window into the moments in the van immediately preceding.
This one sentence has shot through me like ice cold water with an overriding feeling that had the Moab stop not happened, gabby might have died that day. I’m disgusted with how the Moab stop went down and convinced the female park rangers cam holds some valuable info we don’t have. JMO
The Moab stop is really telling. BL slapped and fought in public what did he do behind closed doors!!!

FWIW, while I realize there is much that either is not known or not released for public consumption, I have seen nothing (yet) that would compel me to think the murder of Petito was carried out by Laundrie.
We don’t know the full scope but I do think circumstantial evidence paints the picture and it is usually presented with physical evidence. I was saying if they have DNA as well as circumstantial that could sway a jury, what more could persuade other than a photo of him doing the deed, most cases don’t have things like that so circumstantial evidence shows you what could have happened. IF they have his DNA around her throat as well as all the circumstantial evidence why wouldn’t that sway a jury?
ETA MOO

I apologize in advance if this has been brought up. It's absolutely impossible for me to keep up with this fast moving thread. I know... *GASP* :eek:

A thought occurred to me since BL's sister posted pics of him from their camping trip, sporting what looks to me like bruises on his arm, could she have purposefully done that to show the world what looks like defensive bruises? They look like what you'd see if someone is trying to push your arms out and away if their hands are around your neck. It just made me go hmmmm because she had to have seen them and wondered not only what they were, but why he had them when Gabby was missing. There are better pics on yourtango but I don't know if that's approved MSM, or even MSM at all, so I opted to post pics not as good from TMZ since I know it's approved.

What do y'all think about that possibility? Possible... or an oversight on her part? I'd love to see a voting option on this site. :)

Brian Laundrie's Sister Details Last Time She Saw Him During Camping Trip (tmz.com)
The pics were not validated with date stamps, likely some were from another time.

Maybe that’s what the 911 calls were about. And there really is hand in the veggie bed… Kidding, but at this point, it wouldn’t the craziest conclusion imo.

2 things as long as they were certain Brian was guilty and if they somehow let the Petito's know...

I noticed the cause of death document issued & signed by the coroner was dated October 5th. I know it’s only a week difference, but I’m still a little surprised to see they delayed making it public after being so quick to announce the manner of death.

ITA. Her mom said there was increasing tension in their relationship. There had to be some concerning conversations. I really wish we knew more about what exactly went on between Moab and Merry Piglets. MOO
We're not gonna know anything until he is found and anything we do find out will not lead us to his current location.
I'm struggling to make myself believe there is a chance he is still alive at this stage.

We don’t know the full scope but I do think circumstantial evidence paints the picture and it is usually presented with physical evidence. I was saying if they have DNA as well as circumstantial that could sway a jury, what more could persuade other than a photo of him doing the deed, most cases don’t have things like that so circumstantial evidence shows you what could have happened. IF they have his DNA around her throat as well as all the circumstantial evidence why wouldn’t that sway a jury?
ETA MOO

I agree It's the totality of the evidence...each piece used in conjunction painting the whole picture

For a while I doubted the date he disappeared (both the Sept 13 & 14 versions). I had thought perhaps he took off on the 6th from DeSoto. However, given what we know about the cause of death, I now think he likely did leave the house on or around Sept 13. I think he arrived home with cuts & bruises & was hiding until those resolved.

I think that's why he wouldn't speak to the police when they visited re the missing person report, nor give them the keys to take the van (so they had to tow it). He must not have had severe marks on his face, or the people who gave him rides likely would have noticed it. But I think he had marks on his arms & hands. Which I feel the parents likely saw. Which in turn is a good explanation for the silence & lawyering up. (I don't mean silence to media or the public, as we're not owed that; I'm talking about Gabby's family & LE.)

JMO

ETA MOO
Yes. *If* there’s all that evidence. If. As I see it right now, that’s pure speculation. Pure speculation is not enough for me to make such a judgement. So far, there’s more cause for doubt than reasonable certainty… for me, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998