Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whirrledpeas

whirrledpeas Well-Known Member

That case is another where my gut tells me he's guilty as hell, but would not have voted guilty if I were on the jury. :/

Purplepixii and NCWatcher like this.

2. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall.

I've never heard of DNA from a perpetrator being embedded inside of a person who was strangled. JMO.

kittythehare and NCWatcher like this.
  3. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

FWIW, while I realize there is much that either is not known or not released for public consumption, I have seen nothing (yet) that would compel me to think the murder of Petito was carried out by Laundrie.

4. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Also, just a point of information…

Tricia sometimes discusses things on her show that are not permitted here. Mod posts on first page of thread are the current rules for the thread. When in doubt, PM a Mod.

5. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

What is this hand photo I heard about it a while ago but we can rarely get on sites to see things here in the uk. <modsnip> MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2021
  6. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Well, on the 30th aug Gabby's phone was used to send a message to her mom. So, where did the phone ping from? Not from Wyoming, but somewhere about 6 to 8 hours east of Jackson. If his phone was on, it likely pinged in the same place. jmo

7. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

As nobody was paying them the slightest attention up until 11th, it's more likely it's someone else's veggie patch.. Just joking.

8. ClottedCream

ClottedCream Well-Known Member

Whilst it could be interpreted many ways, this one sentence is a deep dive into his mind. And a window into the moments in the van immediately preceding.
    This one sentence has shot through me like ice cold water with an overriding feeling that had the Moab stop not happened, gabby might have died that day. I’m disgusted with how the Moab stop went down and convinced the female park rangers cam holds some valuable info we don’t have. JMO

9. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

I'm thinking transfer from under the nails of the victim. Victim grabs and claws killer and gathers dna under victims nails then claws and pries at (victims) own neck to alleviate killers grasp. But in all likelihood the remains were in pretty bad shape at 3-4weeks. The fact they brought in an anthropologist is telling.

10. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

ITA. Her mom said there was increasing tension in their relationship. There had to be some concerning conversations. I really wish we knew more about what exactly went on between Moab and Merry Piglets. MOO

11. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

The Moab stop is really telling. BL slapped and fought in public what did he do behind closed doors!!!

12. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

We don’t know the full scope but I do think circumstantial evidence paints the picture and it is usually presented with physical evidence. I was saying if they have DNA as well as circumstantial that could sway a jury, what more could persuade other than a photo of him doing the deed, most cases don’t have things like that so circumstantial evidence shows you what could have happened. IF they have his DNA around her throat as well as all the circumstantial evidence why wouldn’t that sway a jury?
    ETA MOO

13. kittythehare

The pics were not validated with date stamps, likely some were from another time.

Blue Amethyst, RANCH, Gemmie and 4 others like this.
  14. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

2 things as long as they were certain Brian was guilty and if they somehow let the Petito's know...

JudgeJoe likes this.
  15. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I noticed the cause of death document issued & signed by the coroner was dated October 5th. I know it’s only a week difference, but I’m still a little surprised to see they delayed making it public after being so quick to announce the manner of death.

ChiCubs2016 and Blue Amethyst like this.
  16. kittythehare

We're not gonna know anything until he is found and anything we do find out will not lead us to his current location.
    I'm struggling to make myself believe there is a chance he is still alive at this stage.

17. putnam6

putnam6 Same as it ever was...

I agree It's the totality of the evidence...each piece used in conjunction painting the whole picture

18. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

BTW
    About to watch new Investigation Discovery segment: “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report” -starts in 15 minutes. No clue if there will be new info; if I hear anything new, I’ll post it.

19. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

For a while I doubted the date he disappeared (both the Sept 13 & 14 versions). I had thought perhaps he took off on the 6th from DeSoto. However, given what we know about the cause of death, I now think he likely did leave the house on or around Sept 13. I think he arrived home with cuts & bruises & was hiding until those resolved.

I think that's why he wouldn't speak to the police when they visited re the missing person report, nor give them the keys to take the van (so they had to tow it). He must not have had severe marks on his face, or the people who gave him rides likely would have noticed it. But I think he had marks on his arms & hands. Which I feel the parents likely saw. Which in turn is a good explanation for the silence & lawyering up. (I don't mean silence to media or the public, as we're not owed that; I'm talking about Gabby's family & LE.)

JMO

20. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Yes. *If* there’s all that evidence. If. As I see it right now, that’s pure speculation. Pure speculation is not enough for me to make such a judgement. So far, there’s more cause for doubt than reasonable certainty… for me, at least.

NCWatcher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.