Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's already more that we know about:
- Her body was found next to where her van was parked, the van was registered in her name, and he drove it home without her.
- He didn't report her missing.
- She was strangled - a very *personal* type of homicide.
- He went on the run shortly after LE seized the van.
bbm
Very ominous.

Neither did Brian's parents report Gabby missing.

Only when Gabby's parents could not reach any of the Laundries' did their concern skyrocket.
Imo.

I once had a volatile boyfriend when I was about Gabby's age. He used to make a scene at restaurants or parties. He'd send food back, argue about the bill, etc.

It made me cry, even before he had his arguments with waiters because I would be arguing with him that 'it's not a big deal, please chill out. '

I think it's possible she was crying because he was getting angry, about to make a scene and she was sick and tired by his volatile behaviour. It is exhausting.

I don't think so---here's why-----

Why would this woman remember this couple, if nothing unusual happened? The restaurant has confirmed they were there that day, as the witness claims.

So why would they remember this couple if they had just quietly eaten their meal and left?

oh, I think something happened. But, was that the reason for the last argument? Not sure. I am thinking now maybe it was jealousy and Gabby's plans to call Rose on her birthday to make plans to meet up in Yellowstone. The 29th of August. The day I think Gabby might have gotten killed.

Also, Gabby's friend Rose told the dailymail that Gabby admitted to her that she had slapped Brian, and that he pushed her after an argument over Gabby going out with Rose, and that Gabby was going to call Rose on her birthday AUGUST29th!......to meet up with them in Yellowstone.

Rose said Brian was jealous of their relationship. Could this have been the reason they were fighting? And not the incident at Merry Piglets?

I think there is enough circumstantial evidence out to convict him, and should spend the rest of his life in prison or hospital, but I still want to know WHY it happened. For him to take responsibility and admit what lead up to him losing control. Why didnt he try to get help if he could no longer control his emotions.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

re-read this article. curious about the supposed meet up with Rose. was she going to camp with them? Travel in the van?

I think this whole line of discussion has been jumbled up a bit by some misunderstandings. Someone asked how far from M. Piglets was to where the van was parked at Spread Creek (but the way the question was posed was not 100% clear). Someone had commented that since the MP was in a town, the van was likely no too far (meaning parked in the town for the restaurant trip) and I think the "walking" was regarding GP and BL walking to the van after leaving the MP restaurant. Someone had commented that since the MP was in a town, the van was likely no too far. Because someone asked how far the van spot at SC was from MP and that was maybe 46 miles, but I think the whole thing got confused. MOO

I must be simple. I got from the description of them "walking in" that they had come from a parking area somewhere in town as opposed to being parked on the street just out front.

Do you suggest they go into hiding like Brian? This protest is peaceful and lawful.
Yes, it's within the law and is only speaking to them.
This will fade with time as people will tire of it.
All the parents needed to do was to cooperate with LE and let them talk with Brian, instead of handing a card with the lawyer's name on it.
It's possible at the time LE showed up that Brian was already gone ?
MOO.

My first post after lurking here for years...If you look at post #212 here on Thread #67, about midway through the video, you will see the back of Gabby's van. Look at the doors. They both open from the middle. The slowed down video on the Bethune's dashcam looks like the door closed from left to right, alluding to someone being in the back of the van closing that door. I personally think it is just an illusion, due to either shadows, or the camera and it is just somehow that ladder making it look like the door closed on the back right side of the van. jmo

Oh good catch!

Hmm. Some anonymous source who supposedly works for the software company that the Ft DeSoto campground uses speculated (word is quoted from above) that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug 31. Wow. That's convincing! Did the anonymous software guy happen to mention why it appears BL arrived on Sept 1 not Aug 31?

I'm not persuaded the Laundries knew of his arrival in advance. They may have but this isn't convincing.
JMO
I think they probably knew because they cancelled their original campsite reservation, which was for the 30th/1st, I believe. Why would they do that unless they had received a call from BL saying he was on the way home. Especially if he seemed distressed when he called.

There's already more that we know about:
- Her body was found next to where her van was parked, the van was registered in her name, and he drove it home without her.
- He didn't report her missing.
- She was strangled - a very *personal* type of homicide.
- He went on the run shortly after LE seized the van.

But that's not the context and content of the post to which I was responding. I can cite all kinds of case info but the post I responded to seemed to be saying "BL had the opportunity and I don't know who else could have given they were in the wilderness. So he must have done it."

JMO

I thought that was a bizarre comment from them, but maybe it's just me. When I go on vacation, I'm not interested in connecting with others other than my family who I'm with. Why would they think it was abandoned? People park, and then go hiking. A van or car or RV would often be empty (abandoned is a strange term!). People nap! People sleep. People take walks.

I'm like you. Everyone else on our RV trips are the most social people I have ever met. My husband loves it. He even trades emails and phone numbers. I kinda want to be left alone. Lol.

oh, I think something happened. But, was that the reason for the last argument? Not sure. I am thinking now maybe it was jealousy and Gabby's plans to call Rose on her birthday to make plans to meet up in Yellowstone. The 29th of August. The day I think Gabby might have gotten killed.
She did not call Rose on r's birthday because she was deceased and the plan was to make plans on the 29th for some meeting in the future...not on the 29th. jmo

But that's not the context and content of the post to which I was responding. I can cite all kinds of case info but the post I responded to seemed to be saying "BL had the opportunity and I don't know who else could have given they were in the wilderness. So he must have done it."

JMO
Opportunity does factor as circumstantial evidence. That is why people invent alibis or are exonerated by truthful alibis. MOO.

His parents would have to fail to consider that a van (specifically the one that was prepared for a monetized adventure) is an essential part of van life and accept that she is the type to take up spontaneous travel with strangers to continue a blog. Those are too many hurdles for me to accept this theory.
Especially if she was not online v-logging anymore. And what was their excuse once her parents left urgent messages that she wasn't responding to their calls? Wouldn't that be a big clue that she wasn't happily continuing her road trip?

re-read this article. curious about the supposed meet up with Rose. was she going to camp with them? Travel in the van?

This could not have gone well with Brian. imo. From the article Rose said she spent a lot of time with Gabby and Brian kept to himself. I cant imagine flying all the way out there to not spend several days with them. Where would they sleep? It was getting cool outside...

I have seen that vid several times and it is my opinion that the door was closing, your claim that it was an illusion is your opinion. Mine differs. MOO.
If you watch the actual Red White & Bethune YouTube video direct to a laptop and computer, not a copy of it or using a phone, they slow it down from many angles. You can definitely see the door being closed.

I have so much sympathy for GP and her family and what happened to her was terrible beyond belief, but honestly, no one should be hitting, slapping, scratching, pushing, punching, etc. anyone else. This couple needed some counseling to learn how to effectively and constructively communicate and manage their conflict. Conflict in relationships is normal, but it is not always handled in healthy, respectful ways.

Doing those things are acceptable if you are defending yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong