Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know if they would need a warrant for her van once she was reported missing...

Yes, I have a feeling they took the van because Gabby was a missing person and the van 'might be a part of a crime', and then they got the search warrant 4 days later so they could (legally) access the van and its contents.

I think they felt the need to grab that van as quickly as they could.

As far as my post that you quoted about delayed death being like dry drowning, nowhere did I say that this would make it an accident. Whether Gabby died immediately after being strangled, or hours after, it’s still felony homicide.
I assumed you were making a curious observation. :) There's so much to this case and some of it does defy logic. I had thought the tiktok girl who claimed she and her boyfriend gave Brian a ride were mistaken about it being Brian. But with the older lady also stating she gave him a ride that same day, well with two witnesses it makes it more credible. So if he did stay in the area a couple of days it makes you wonder why? All we know is that somewhere between the 27th and 29th is the most likely date Gabby died.

Here: Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

".. she witnessed Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie get into an explosive argument"

And here: Gabby & Brian had 'huge fight at restaurant before she was last seen'

"Gabby Petito had ‘full-blown fight with aggressive Brian Laundrie at restaurant"

And here: Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie had an ‘incident’ in a Wyoming restaurant, manager says

"A manager of a Wyoming restaurant said she saw a “commotion” between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie"

You state that this is "another demonstration of his lack of control over his anger". Can you please reference the other times where he's had a lack of control over his anger?

As far as I'm aware, the only footage we've seen of BL is the Moab police stop FOOTAGE, in which he doesn't seem angry at all.

He comes across as polite, well mannered, cooperative with the police, and if anything, a bit nervous and anxious. I didn't detect any anger whatsoever so I'm curious as to how you've made this deduction when that's the only footage any of us have seen of him.

TIA

MOO
Didn't one of the 911 callers to the MOAB incident say that he had slapped Gabby?

The fact that they changed his leaving home date to the 13th kind of puts paid to the claim from SB that the phone was bought on the 14th, doesn't it? Or am I getting my dates mixed up?
I know it's confused me too. But if the car was meant to be parked to draw LE to the reserve and keep them busy, then it makes sense.

How would she (theoretically) continue a van life blog without her van?
I doubt his parents would even think of that. Maybe they assumed that if she were with other vanlifers she could keep going. We just don’t know what he told them and we don’t know how much they do or do not know about that kind of thing.

He’s obviously a good liar.

My first post after lurking here for years...If you look at post #212 here on Thread #67, about midway through the video, you will see the back of Gabby's van. Look at the doors. They both open from the middle. The slowed down video on the Bethune's dashcam looks like the door closed from left to right, alluding to someone being in the back of the van closing that door. I personally think it is just an illusion, due to either shadows, or the camera and it is just somehow that ladder making it look like the door closed on the back right side of the van. jmo
I have seen that vid several times and it is my opinion that the door was closing, your claim that it was an illusion is your opinion. Mine differs. MOO.

i don't know if they would need a warrant for her van once she was reported missing...

I'm not LE but if someone is reported missing that's one thing. Finding the van at the location that was Gabby's address I don't know. But more importantly without a warrant and if this goes to trial I would hate to think that the van had evidence but it would all be thrown out if the proper procedures weren't followed.

That's why I believe this van may be in her father's name. IMHO

Yes, I have a feeling they took the van because Gabby was a missing person and the van 'might be a part of a crime', and then they got the search warrant 4 days later so they could (legally) access the van and its contents.

I think they felt the need to grab that van as quickly as they could.
I've always wondered how NPPD was so sure that Gabby was not a hostage in the house, or worse, dead? jmo Seems like they would want to check. Maybe the welfare check earlier yielded some information from the parents that no she was not there! jmo

My guess is they had to be looking for something specific to get a warrant. I don't know if anyone was even home when LE hauled the van away. ???? jmo

I’ve lost my credit card a number of times. The first thing I do is check where it was last used. (That triggers me to remember the last time I had it). Once the missing persons report was filed, I would think the last charge of her bank cards would be one of the first things the police would know about—they should’ve known that it had been used recently after the last contact with mom (along a route from Wyoming to Florida ). I don’t understand why it took so long to take action on that. Wouldn’t that knowledge have been cause to search the house for GP right away? Or even make an arrest. Why did it take so long for them to issue the arrest warrant for the unauthorized use?

He waited for two weeks?

Waiting for two weeks is for people who get into very small fights with their parents about where an ex girlfriend is and why he is home with the ex's van. In that case, he can take his time to run away, maybe go camping a couple of times before he leaves, mow the lawn, ride a bike, get a phone...and then he can just casually pull out of the driveway in their Mustang on a day that is a little bit forgettable to his parents, despite being the day he spoke with the family lawyer.

My first post after lurking here for years...If you look at post #212 here on Thread #67, about midway through the video, you will see the back of Gabby's van. Look at the doors. They both open from the middle. The slowed down video on the Bethune's dashcam looks like the door closed from left to right, alluding to someone being in the back of the van closing that door. I personally think it is just an illusion, due to either shadows, or the camera and it is just somehow that ladder making it look like the door closed on the back right side of the van. jmo
The part where the doors closed is not in the slowed down portion of the Bethunes video. I also watched that portion and saw the part where the ladder seems to move. The part when the doors close occurs before that when they were further up the road from the van (prior to passing it). It happens very briefly.

I've always wondered how NPPD was so sure that Gabby was not a hostage in the house, or worse, dead? jmo Seems like they would want to check. Maybe the welfare check earlier yielded some information from the parents that no she was not there! jmo

The parents and Brian refused to speak to the police. They were handed a business card for their lawyer and told to call him.

I'm not LE but if someone is reported missing that's one thing. Finding the van at the location that was Gabby's address I don't know. But more importantly without a warrant and if this goes to trial I would hate to think that the van had evidence but it would all be thrown out if the proper procedures weren't followed.

That's why I believe this van may be in her father's name. IMHO
FLA plates are hers, van is registered to her. Presumably, that makes her the titled owner. jmo

August 24: Roberta Laundrie initially made reservations for 2 people at Soto Park Campground for September 1-3.
Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

August 31: Roberta cancelled their camping reservations for 2 people.

September 1: Brian arrived to North Port in Gabby’s van at 10:26AM

September 3: Roberta made a new reservation for 3 people to camp on the weekend of September 6-8.

A source who spoke to Fox News on the condition of anonymity used to work at Civic Plus, a software company that manages the Fort De Soto campground's reservation system, and speculates that the Laundries knew their son was coming home on Aug. 31, when they had plans to camp, and canceled them accordingly. They then made a new reservation including their son at a later date.

There was also activity on their Spotify playlist from August 30-August 31:

August 30:
7 songs were added to one playlist on the Nomadic Statik Spotify. Spotify

August 31:
4 songs were added to another Playlist.

Songs might very well go to his state of mind. I guess I am going to have to listen if I want to know what was in his mind. ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member