Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recall how shocked we all were to learn about... the bike.
Fotis's means of traveling from the employee's Tacoma to Jennifer's house... in a dark hoodie.

Probably this is already been discussed in a fast moving thread that I missed, but this got me thinking about a possible bike and the pictures of a bike inside the condo. Could there have been a bike in the trunk of the Mustang? Has anybody discussed the idea of BL dropping the Mustang off at the park and then heading out on bike?

Actually, now that I think more about this…Wasn’t the park just a few miles from his home? Would it have made sense to bike there or are the roads too busy?

Oh I believe she had real physical friends.
And there is a reason they were physically absent in her recent life.
BL would not allow it for fear that one of them would open her eyes and she'd see the truth about her relationship with BL.
I'm sure we will hear from them in time
MOO
Do you happen to have a source or insight besides Rose that leads you to believe her friends were absent from her recent life? Wondering if I may have missed something stated from her parents, maybe. MOO.

IIRC, one of the photos of the inside of the van when it was all neatened up for social media appeared to show some sort of bed or similar area that one could sleep on if it wasn't covered with other stuff. I don't have a link right now but maybe someone else does.

JMO

Yeah that's in my memory too, maybe a small flat area the size of a nap mat or something?? I guess I've just been haunted by her sleeping in the tent alone that night....and assuming that she was so afraid. :(

I watch quite a bit of adventure travel videos and a lot of women are completely fine with tent camping alone at night, I just haven't had the impression of Gabby that she would be comfortable doing that.

I have seen her. But knowing she's 55, generally middle class, and from NY doesn't allow me to know her taste in decor. I don't think all 55-year olds of a certain wealth status from NY (or anywhere else) are alike. I've never seen inside her current house. Finally we don't know if the condo reflects her taste. That's kind of the point. You said it did & I wanted to see known examples of her home decor. Thanks anyway.
JMO

It's possible that these were the furnishings and decor that were already there when the Laundries purchased the condo and that they didn't change things. The place looks very clean and so that probably was their focus. Snowbirds and others who rent these condos short term don't care too much about the furnishings, as long as they are reasonable. They can always make it cozy when they move in. They just want a furnished place to stay.

This is probably covered somewhere and is off-topic at the moment....but I can't really find the answer and it's been bothering me for ages. Did the van have a sleeping surface so that Gabby could spend the night locked inside when they were separated at Arches? Or was the van strictly a means of transporting themselves and their things, so they were required to tent camp every night? I'm getting at Gabby's fear of being left alone that night (as well as the reason for a hotel during week he went to Florida.)
Judging by the state of the van at the Moab stop, no one was sleeping in that van.
van-life-00.jpg

Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

Can anyone provide a link to BL's social media page that shows the process of the van being outfitted for vanlife? I've seen reference to it but haven't found it.

Those photos may show whether or not there was room to sleep, and they might show where the modifications were being done (Venice vs North Port vs Long Island...or a little of each.)

BBM I was still laying in bed while thinking about this but all the vloggers / youtubers I have followed have made the van building process and readiness process a HUGE part of their social media. It built the excitement for the journey. I've noticed since the beginning there was none of this on their SM (individually or on Nomadic Statik) and that struck me as odd. I wonder if it was documented and never made it to publishing but the few photos of BL welding or sawing seemed so few. MOO

Justice yes. Vengeance absolutely not.

The protesters don't even personally know Gabby's family. How is it their right to exact vengeance?

I'm appalled that people still think this way, in this day and age.

No no I’m taking about the parents’ desire for vengeance. There was a link posted on it. Apparently the families had a very long standing relationship. The original post was taking about Gabby’s parents’ desires for these things, not the protestors. They are an odd bunch.

Last edited:
Pshhh.
Why has this not been officially addressed as not possible?
MOO

Yea Im tiring of the tabloid aspect of this, just because the Daily or US Mail reports something it just means they think it will get clicks and sell papers. That said funny Rose didn't mention condo beforehand? was she told not to by the FBI? obviously, everybody paying attention to the case thought they lived with the Laundries.

Yeah that's in my memory too, maybe a small flat area the size of a nap mat or something?? I guess I've just been haunted by her sleeping in the tent alone that night....and assuming that she was so afraid. :(

I watch quite a bit of adventure travel videos and a lot of women are completely fine with tent camping alone at night, I just haven't had the impression of Gabby that she would be comfortable doing that.

Speaking for my former younger self, I have slept in worse situations that the back of that van. I have made a bed in the back of my ill equipped SUV, because my “friend” was passed out in her apartment and wouldn’t wake up to let me in. Whether or not Gabby did this, I can’t say, but if push came to shove, she could have made herself a little nest in the van.

MOO
IMO

If its of any comfort, Brian has been elevated by his behavior and the behavior of his handlers to the level of a bounty hunter's Holy Grail. Take a look at the seething anger of the protesters outside the Laundrie lair. A LOT of people are insanely angry at Brian. The general public may be in danger of Brian's lack of self-control, be HE's got a world of danger surrounding him.
Case in point. Remember Richard Ramierez aka The Night Stalker? Shortly after being named a suspect in a string of grisly murders, he got front page news and a full frontal. When he got off his bus and saw his face on the cover of the daily news, he decided to head for a residential neighborhood to hide out. He was spotted, recognized, and the entire neighborhood piled on him. If the police hadn't responded to a call from the neighbors, he would have been beaten to death. El Diablo. Those people were NOT interested in his story, an assumption of innocence, or a jury trial. They wanted him dead, dead, dead. By the time the cops arrived, his face looked like two pounds of ground round.
Right now, there's a $180K bounty on his head, the FBI, the US Marshals, local law enforcement, INTERPOL, and every bounty hunter wannabe has Brian on the brain. Brian evades gainful employment for a living. He's not a professional fugitive. He has a few options: he can be turned in by his handlers, he can turn himself in, he can put a bullet in his brain (or Joe Ray Bob the fat guy in camo can do it) or he can run until he's gone completely crazy and is doing who knows what among the general population until he is mercifully captured by professionals. If the Laundries (daughter included) are proven to have done even the remotest thing to aid in his escape: no more lawn mowing, no more cozy home, no more business, no more retirement nest egg, no more bouncing the grandkids on their knees. The lawyers will own them...at the least. LE doesn't like being made fools of.
So Brian's problems have been compounded by the idiotic decisions made by himself and his handlers. Whatever chance he had to tell his side, negotiate with LE and cut plea deals is slipping away moment to moment. For whatever unknown reason, Mr. Laundrie Sr. either doesn't realize all this stuff...or doesn't care (cue that big grin during the phony "search" in gator paradise). If their business isn't sapping away as we speak, I would be surprised. Their safety, their future, their old age, their savings, their lives are dwindling away. Imagine having all of that rolling around in your noggin when your head hits the pillow at night.
This saga is nowhere near over. Patience.

Probably this is already been discussed in a fast moving thread that I missed, but this got me thinking about a possible bike and the pictures of a bike inside the condo. Could there have been a bike in the trunk of the Mustang? Has anybody discussed the idea of BL dropping the Mustang off at the park and then heading out on bike?

Actually, now that I think more about this…Wasn’t the park just a few miles from his home? Would it have made sense to bike there or are the roads too busy?
The Myakkahatchee park is 5 miles from the parents home. He would have needed to follow N Sumter Blvd. There are very few I-75 overpasses to go under.

Your idea of biking out of the area is interesting. If he were to do that, he’d have to ride west, all the way to US41 (Tamiami Trail). Then he could head north or south.

Joseph Petito, Gabby’s father, shared a post back in April 2012 of a woman holding a sign that read: “Guns don’t kill people, fathers with good-looking daughters do!”

Joseph captioned the photo: “Gabby, are you paying attention?”

Her mother, Nichole Schmidt, made a comment reminding Gabby that she had “2 fathers and lots of uncles!!”

Another photo shared from October 2011 featured a t-shirt with the acronym “DADD” or “Daughters Against Daughters Dating”

Underneath the phrase was: “Shoot the first one and spread the word.”

In the comment thread, Gabby wrote: “Nice job dad…ur [sic] gunna scare him…good things its only a shirt,”
Gabby's relationship with ex from sweet messages to her parents scaring him

It's possible that these were the furnishings and decor that were already there when the Laundries purchased the condo and that they didn't change things. The place looks very clean and so that probably was their focus. Snowbirds and others who rent these condos short term don't care too much about the furnishings, as long as they are reasonable. They can always make it cozy when they move in. They just want a furnished place to stay.

That could be. Certainly people from FL have suggested it might be. But I can't imagine why anyone would rent out a place with tons of knick-knacks all over the house. They are everywhere! The pass-through, the kitchen counter, the bar niche (at least that what we call it-- same wall as pass-through), the horizontal display area above pass-through area...

Also when I wrote what you've quoted it was shortly after reading the article that said Rose said on TikTok G&P never lived with the Laundries. Just lived in a condo the L's paid for.

JMO

I’ve always wondered why he had to hike if he had the car. Why not just take it and get as far away as possible-especially if he left before she was reported missing.
I'm not sure.
I know nothing about walking. I find it to be a pointless exercise unless it's taking me from A to B. But a lot of people do enjoy it so it must have some advantages.
Maybe he needed to stamp out his angst/rage or whatever emotion was dominant and needed to move from the mental to the physical.
Possibly would have been easier to dump evidence or hide weapons, if he had any... just speculating.
I've gone from imagining him as a crazed psychopath running in glee to somebody deeply disturbed, perhaps even remorseful to, more recently somebody who is quite intelligent and thinks like a fox, clever and fast.

A fox would have had it organised very well for himself. She may have been found before he expected her to be found but it wouldn't necessarily have impinged upon his plan.

As a snowbird-in-waiting, I can testify that this is absolutely true. And for many of my compatriots, the "dated" decor is actually appealing. It's comfortable and familiar because it's what we grew up with.

I can totally see why they wouldn't have redecorated as long as it was clean and in good shape.

Moving away from florid bedspreads and kitsch condo decor:

I posted this article linked from The New Yorker in thread #67, describing US Marshals breaking through the door of the BL look-alike in North Carolina. The look-alike was hiking the AT, and took lodging for the night, where he reports –

“...“Next thing I see is a bunch of guys with riot shields with ‘U.S. Marshals’ written on them,” Beckwith said. “Handguns pointed at my face...”

Some of us have wondered about the resources, time and expense of the prolonged search in the Carlton Reserve, and the possible reason/s for it.

Perhaps this article verifies LE do consider, or even believe BL is alive, and that they do follow up on reported sightings of him.

It’s encouraging, IMO, to note authorities follow up on leads received as far from Florida as North Carolina.

Bounty Hunting for Brian Laundrie in a Land of Look-Alikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member