Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one called in a welfare check for BL. The subject LE was looking for, as per the warrant, was Gabby. The Laundries stated the subject was not there. End of. LE had no cause to demand the appearance of BL. The missing person report had nothing to do with him.

That's your opinion with no basis in fact. Her van was parked in his parents' driveway which gave LE every right to speak with BL.

Sept. 11: Gabby Petito's family reports her missing after not being able to get in touch with her. North Port authorities go to Laundrie's home that night and ask to speak with him and his family, but are "essentially handed the information for their attorney," city police spokesperson Josh Taylor has said.

Timeline of events since Gabby Petito's fiancé returned to Florida becomes clearer

Welfare check, missing person check, call it whatever you want but it DID HAPPEN.

My link also clearly says: They typically knock on the door and await a response before announcing their law enforcement affiliation. If they still receive no response, they may enter the property.

On Sept. 11, LE knocked on their door and were handed their lawyer's card. That's an established fact. JMO

Timeline of events since Gabby Petito's fiancé returned to Florida becomes clearer

Yes. That happened. But where this entire discussion started was with the question of whether the police could enter the home and search for BL. You said they could with a welfare check. But that's not entirely true. They can't enter if they receive a response. And they did receive a response from the homeowner. That's an established fact. That was my point.
JMO

I really don’t know if JP went there or not. But I would think he restrained himself due to a fear he might exact vengeance too soon if you know what I mean.

I think it is very probable that JP did a drive-by and saw the van. I am not sure why he would not have stopped and knocked on the door. Maybe for the same reason that the Laundries were not answering their phone calls and texts. imo

I saw JP on Aussie 60 Minutes last night. He seemed like the most balanced person on the show, and I respect that he said that he wished the Laundries would have talked to them - even if it was to say that they did not know what happened (in other words, he did not jump to the conclusion that they lied). imo

From the information I have access to, they have said absolutely nothing (I don't even know what their voices sound like and hardly know what they look like).

Do we have a single direct quote from them? It could very well be that I have missed such a thing, though, and I realize that all too well.

Do you have a source that shows they have "lied about their son a lot"?

Their statements are printed in news links in this site and all over the web regarding where they claim BL went and what they claim BL said.

As far as lying about him, something made him turn out to be this criminal who has absconded from justice. I don’t think it was believing. or telling, the truth about him.

I think it is very probable that JP did a drive-by and saw the van. I am not sure why he would not have stopped and knocked on the door. Maybe for the same reason that the Laundries were not answering their phone calls and texts. imo

I saw JP on Aussie 60 Minutes last night. He seemed like the most balanced person on the show, and I respect that he said that he wished the Laundries would have talked to them - even if it was to say that they did not know what happened (in other words, he did not jump to the conclusion that they lied). imo

I was about to write the same thing. I think JP went there and kept his distance and stayed long enough to observe conclusively the absence of his daughter, and the presence of her van and the L family. He was probably a menacing enough presence that they called 911. I can certainly understand JP in this situation.

Their statements are printed in news links in this site and all over the web regarding where they claim BL went and what they claim BL said.

As far as lying about him, something made him turn out to be this criminal who has absconded from justice. I don’t think it was believing or telling the truth about him.
Aren't those statements from their attorney? Have we heard directly from them in the links?

I'm not understanding why you're lost?
Gabby worked so wasn't constantly hanging around the pavements of the Laundries' house is what I took from this.
Ergo neighbours didn't see much of her.
Am I reading this right?

There was simply confusion earlier about a condo Rose reported they lived at. An additional interview with the neighbor sort of made us all confused, as she stated she never saw GP much at all and assumed she would only visit the house. The jobs are confusing because there's never a concrete job. Obviously, if she was working constantly, it would explain why they didn't see her much. But it goes from both worked at Publix, to her saying a Juice Bar to LE in Moab, to now Taco Bell, and I feel like I heard another one but who knows. I'm not really interested in where she worked 2-3 years ago, as it does not pertain to anything related to the case in my opinion. It would just be nice to hear an actual concrete story of one place she worked at before she left, but I suppose it's not all that important.

Per the other statute, I'm not sure National Forests fall under "territorial jurisdiction." What I"m reading says that it's military bases and national parks and national monuments under the jurisdiction of the Department of the Interior.

Could it be the case that localities defer to the Feds sometimes - and sometimes not? In the Gary Hilton serial murders, those were tried locally, but I did find an example from 2020:

Renton, Washington, man charged federally with murder in Olympic National Forest

National Forest, federal prosecution. I assume the State of Washington had to waive its rights under the code I quoted earlier. I wish I knew for sure!

I wonder what Wyoming will do (given the cross-country nature of all the evidence, my thought is that it would be better tried in Federal Court, District of Wyoming - but I do believe that Teton County has to defer).
This is almost off-topic but when the Bundy Ranch sovereign citizens took over Malheur Bird Sanctuary in Oregon a few years back, they were eventually tried in federal court. Same thing for the Bundy family in Arizona because they were grazing their cattle on federal land managed by the Bureau of Land Management.

It's really simple in my opinion - federal land is managed by the federal government, end of story. While some local jurisdiction may apply, GP was killed on federal land in a National Forest. So I believe the Feds will be in charge. JMOO

BBM
I saw that on youtube today. I am worried about her stepfather. He was the strong one when it first happened and he's more emotional now. He and her mom were so sad. I'm sure they all have their moments of total devastation, how could they not.

Thanks for sharing the short video. It just seems odd to me that the police have a missing person and they locate HER CAR at the boyfriend’s parents’ house and don’t insist on seeing the boyfriend.
I made the same point earlier today. If the needed a reason for talking to BL, the van was sitting right there!

I really don’t know if JP physically went there or not. But I would think he must have restrained himself due to a fear he might exact vengeance too soon if you know what I mean.

Why do you think he must have restrained himself? Do you think something else came to light? because at that point, as far as we know, he didn't really have any reason to be restrained as such, there was concern as the family hadn't heard from Gabby in over a week.

It would be interesting to know what the 911 calls from the Laundries were regarding in those days prior!

Moo

BBM
I saw that on youtube today. I am worried about her stepfather. He was the strong one when it first happened and he's more emotional now. He and her mom were so sad. I'm sure they all have their moments of total devastation, how could they not.

To me, they all seem to be at different parts of the grieving process.

Last edited:
Your opinion, but given what people are now posting (and sending me in DM's), I think you're right. I can see how Teton County might want to push this over into Federal Court - it would be good PR for the feds, really - and cost them much less as a percentage of their budget - I think).

Someone posted about a murder in Joshua Tree that may have been tried in San Bernardino County - I remember that one too. NP's are definitely treated as US territory, whereas NF's give the states lots of leeway to "harvest" and "use" federal lands within their state boundaries. States seem to retain primary jurisdicton.

So, after LE arrived at the Laundrie residence on Sept 11, surely LE reported back to Gabby's family that the van was visible in the driveway? It didn't take very long (next day?) for the van to be taken away. That gave the Laundries 10 days to remove Gabby's things (and maybe all things) from the van? LE could not have said "We saw BL," because they didn't but natural deduction tells us someone had to drive the van - and it wasn't Gabby or she'd be calling her family.

Now, we hear that BL was last seen by his parents on the 13th. I wonder if that's true. I wonder why they were confused about the dates. (Remember the whole phone buying thing and the 4th vs the 14th? Well, if he left on the 13th, then it couldn't have been the 14th when he was seen at the ATT store - unless of course...he actually was on camera there, in which case the parents aren't being forthcoming or truthful about when they last saw him).

But let's just go with ATT on the 4th (14th was some reporter's typo) and BL disappears on the 13th. Two days after LE comes to the door in search of Gabby. Surely LE asked "Is Gabby Petito here" and were then given merely a lawyer's card? Not even a "no"?

I wonder what happened in between the evening of the 11th, when BL was almost certainly in the house, and the 13th, when the Mustang was driven by someone to the W. Creek.

Am I wrong about the welfare check date?
If I were the State of Wyoming, I would be begging the feds to take this case, due to cost alone.

But, state prosecutors and DA's and judges are also trying to make a name for themselves and some of them would be positively itching to try this case. And it appears to me that the State of Wyoming gets to make that call.

Gotta catch the guy first, though. jmo

bbm
Thanks for the msm link. ^^^

Re. the bolded : IF anyone is helping BL, it stands to reason they're not law-abiding. ;)
Again the question might be : What connections does his family have if any ?
Although it could be a friend.
Who is going to go along with this and support him and for how long ?
The rest of his life ?
Imo.
I think I misspoke/communicates poorly what I meant. I was referring to how his “friend” spoke of him, it seems odd to me that he seemed to think it was a “normal” expectation of BL to do something illegal. My thought is that most of us probably wouldn’t say this about our own friends, but what type of people would? Hmm IMO-those who find the actions more acceptable and maybe someone who may be more inclined to look the other way or possibly even help that same friend? Just a wondering thought I had while reading it is all. I wonder if he has talked to the FBI & how long it took him to speak of this at all.

Taking a look back here, I'm still curious as to why the bodycam video from Ranger Melissa Hulls hasn't been released. Could it be that something said by either Gabby or the Ranger was such a red flag that it would open the National Park Service to some sort of civil suit?
I've been asking this for weeks. This has rung vitally important to my... intuition (?) for weeks.

Attorneys speak for their clients. Calling it hearsay doesn't make it a "travesty." It's how professional representation works.

JMO

<modsnip>

Of course this case is, so far, a travesty. In every way. The criminal absconded from justice under LE’s noses. There is a dead girl he was traveling with. He took her car and money and has been on the run for weeks, still not caught. Do you think it’s a successful outcome so far ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member