Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

What I was getting at was that Stan whoever that was, was not Stan the grandfather. Was someone else Gabby was in touch with. Maybe that was the person Gabby called when sitting in the LE car in Moab. Someone Brian was unaware of.

But if is was Gabby's grandfather, maybe that is who she called during the Moab stop. Still trying to figure out who she called.

And if calls were FROM Stan, why not call him back??

tiara1972, WizardQuest, TL4S and 2 others like this.

2. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Still no posters or wanted signs anywhere. No mother plea for BL to turn himself in with US MARSHALLS, FBI and bounty hunters out there after BL. Don’t understand any of this

dacjess, Kapua, kath4557 and 8 others like this.
  3. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

Yeah, I agree with all of this. I can only really make sense of it all by remembering that we don't know what we don't know. What I DO know is that we know very very little and that seems quite intentional from all sides, and it can assumed that it is for a good reason. What that reason is? I sure don't know but very much hope to find out some day. MOO!

Barbie619, SandSage, TL4S and 3 others like this.
  4. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Stan is Gabby's grandfather, but she never called him by his first name. So the text asking for "help with Stan" set off an alarm bell with GP's mother, who didn't think the text was actually written her daughter. Implying that BL wrote it instead.

Edit to add link:
    ‘Odd text’ from Gabby Petito’s phone was first sign something was wrong, mother told investigators

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    jash, Warwick7, tiara1972 and 4 others like this.
  5. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

This is what I thought too, we pay payments each month for our car and it got me wondering about the payments. I have heard before that GP’s dad helped towards it but that could have been for a deposit. IMO

LRinCA likes this.
  6. soylattesandsleuthing

soylattesandsleuthing Well-Known Member

I actually thought maybe she had called him too. I speculated about it threads ago. I know pretty much nothing about her relationship with her grandpa, but wondered if it’s possible he has a background in law/law enforcement and she was calling him for help for that reason? MOO

ETA: if she left a message and sounded upset, maybe that was why he was calling her and leaving what I assume is multiple messages

7. ShadyLady

Good observation! IF she did call her mom, when mom called back she did not mention the fight. By that time she was camping by herself somewhere. But, in hindsight mom would have looked at date of that missed call.

tiara1972 and cottonweaver like this.
  8. ThoughtFox

9. JerseyWasHome2

JerseyWasHome2 Well-Known Member

Curious about something. If the parents refused to let LE speak to BL (or said he wasn't at home), why would they (supposedly) provide samples of his clothing for DNA purposes a week or more later? He's an adult, not a minor. Wouldn't that be a violation of his "rights" in some manner? Or perhaps by then they felt he must be deceased and they were trying to help LE locate his body?

autumnal and LRinCA like this.
  10. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

Thank you I wasn’t aware of much of that case I’ve looked into after hearing about it on WS, do you know when it was returned to them? I know you said it was destroyed on the 19th I’m just curious if they received it back before the court case. I also assumed it would go to GP’s family, generally at that age your next of kin is your parents. Would/could it go to BL if he was down as her next of kin? Because they lived together I wonder if he actually was next of kin. All MOO

11. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I think he left Gabby's body where it was because he didn't anticipate somebody driving by the van, taking a video of it and then remembering it weeks later in order to tip police. That's one of the most stunning aspects of this case.

JMO

lo so, PhoneJockey, kath4557 and 17 others like this.
  12. CharlestonGal

CharlestonGal Well-Known Member

Things like that are settled at probate. The property will be added as an asset to the estate. If there is a lien holder on the property, the estate can either pay off the lien and retain the property or arrange with the lien holder to turn the property over to them.

13. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Those first two were 4 minutes apart. The second one looked like she might have been waiting for an answer and then when LE opened the door she lowered the phone and looked at it and possibly hung up. Its hard to tell if she actually touched it with her left thumb or not. She may not have actually got in contact with anyone and didn't want to just leave a very emotion filled message. Its possible she was trying numbers until someone answered. Which could mean everyone is right. She had her phone and called her mom. Mom didn't answer so people who say her mom didn't know about the stop could be right as well.

14. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

They were gathering scent samples for his search in the parents reported missing person case. DNA also could have been retrieved by a warrant we haven't seen yet.

15. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Gabby may be listening to voice messages.

She could even have soothing messages that she's sent to herself or are from someone dear to her.

My2Boys, tiara1972 and Hyway like this.
  16. ShadyLady

All speculation, but it would be, to stop whoever was calling.

If Brian sent the text, he wanted the calls to stop, especially on the 27th. I am implying that the Stan using that name, and was not "Stan" Gabby's grandfather.

Maybe only using that name so Brian did not realize Gabby was communicating with someone else.

I am wondering if Gabby had another friend she was in contact with...on the Moab stop and that was who was trying to reach her on the 27th.

OK...I'll stop now. Too complicated. Missing evidence.

jash, Blue Amethyst and tiara1972 like this.
  17. ThoughtFox

My favorite thing about that BL look-alike was that he changed his trail name to "Not-Brian."
    Edit to add link:Bounty Hunting for Brian Laundrie in a Land of Look-Alikes

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    LadyL, Warwick7, My2Boys and 5 others like this.
  18. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

LadyL, pizzaman12, TigerLou and 22 others like this.
  19. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

I don't know who Gabby called during the MOAB stop. Maybe I'm missing something here and don't understand the question. If Brian had Gabby's phone and received numerous calls from her grandfather after he knew she was dead, BL would not want to call him back, but might have wanted the calls to stop.

JMO

20. Balthazar

Balthazar Well-Known Member

Brian told Moab police that their goal was to become WWOOFers. I wonder if that is what he is actually doing now?

"It is your responsibility to contact hosts and make arrangements for a WWOOF visit. Please be prepared to contribute four to six hours of organic farming and gardening a day, while receiving meals, accommodations, and a rewarding and educational experience."

There are plenty of the people who live on farms and don't spend much time, if any, watching the news.

There are 1560 host farms in the USA. Look at all the farm with immediate opportunities:
    Find a Host | WWOOF USA

He was going to do it in Washington and Oregon, but there are tons of farms all over the US where they would provide accommodations and food in exchange for work and typically the young people that do this move from farm to farm. What better way to stay off the radar and have all your needs met? I certainly hope the FBI is checking WWOOFing Farms!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.