Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

Agreed and if I try to imagine how I'd have handled this at Gabby's age, I wouldn't have told a parent. Friend yes.

But just jumping off your post ( & all the other posters on the topic of this call) it's possible that she was simply listening to her messages at that point - just because she has finally got her phone back from Brian.

My interpretation of this section of the incident is that he'd taken her phone & put it in ' this spot', in the car, out of reach from her & impression was he wasn't keen on the cops retrieving it - as if he'd hidden it ( It's in the transcript, if you search for the word ' spot')

Anyway - running with this theme of BL's possible control with her phone/phones- a previous poster said at the weekend - what if BL started to block the Petitos or delete their voicemails & texts on his parents phone Sept 10th - 13th? Is that possible?

BL knew GP's password afaik from looking at the MOAB bodycam, maybe he knows his parents' passwords too.

Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

2. simplemind

simplemind Well-Known Member

The 29th is the last day in the time of death window provided by the coroner. So with witness accounts and coroner report, we get Aug 27-29.

3. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

I think if Brian had written that text, he would have/should have known better. And I may be completely wrong.

I remain unconvinced she/they were alone at all times over the course of this trip.

<modsnip>

Or a even just the more humane death sentence or life in prison.

IMO, the weirdness of the Stan text goes in Brian's favor of someone else being involved. After being in a relationship with someone for two years, if Stan called a lot, he would know exactly how to fake a response to her mom about him, he just would. Someone else wouldn't though. My two cents. MOO!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2021
    scorpie and Simply Southern like this.
  4. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part where I said LE was already searching the Spread Creek area. They knew where the van was parked because they were told by more than one witness and they were searching the area for at least 2 days before they found the body. The video was just confirmation of what they already knew. But we can both believe what we want. Its a big world.

5. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

This right here all day long IMO!!

6. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

Credit to the Wwoofers, they have alerts about Brian on nearly every website they have that is public. He would have a hard time hiding there, imo.

7. LRinCA

LRinCA Well-Known Member

I saw that as well and I went to her FB page where the drama continues.

8. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

A former boyfriend did offer a tribute to Gabby.
    Gabby's ex-boyfriend reveals his heartbreaking last memory of her

PhoneJockey, ctmom, khaki and 8 others like this.
  9. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Ahh I see, 3 weeks before the 19th. I would think that date could easily be questioned by defense though when the time frame is so loose that it says 3-4 weeks. Especially if you could get the coroner to say it could be possible that the death could have come after BL had been seen leaving the area. It would be a significant point to fight for. Heck it could even be the reason the corner used that 3 week date in the first place. To put it inside the timeline when BL was still in wyoming.

tiara1972, TL4S and simplemind like this.
  10. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

Another reason, I dont think Grandfather Stan is the Stan in the voice mails. Just weird makes no sense.

Sincerely, tiara1972 and WizardQuest like this.
  11. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

I dont remember that she thought it was from Brian, but instead that it may not have been from Gabby.....MOO!

OceanElix, pcap and ShadyLady like this.
  12. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I think if the conversation is about aiding and abetting a fugitive, it won't be considered privileged by the judge who signed the wiretap order. JMO

13. WizardQuest

WizardQuest Well-Known Member

I think whichever way, whether GP was trying to send a message, or BL sent it, this text is key.

Do we have a timestamp on this text? Was it before or after the restaurant?

ShadyLady likes this.
  14. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Agreed.
    And in 3-4 weeks a lot of evidence could have been lost.

Her family and LE can be grateful she was found soon enough to still determine the manner of death.
    Imo the killer was hoping she'd never be found.

15. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

Big question. Before or after Merry Piglets!

16. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Our home phone was tapped as well as husband's office phone. He was the attorney. So it does happen.

PEACE*95, LRinCA, tiara1972 and 14 others like this.
  17. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Not hard to believe she was listening to her voicemail? As people do. Rather than pretending/being deceptive.

PhoneJockey, LRinCA and bluwaters like this.
  18. 64WhetstoneRoad

64WhetstoneRoad Well-Known Member

Could she have called CL? JMO. She seems open and would probably know Brian pretty well despite the age gap and would seem a more appealing option over RL or perhaps even her own family. Someone related to Brian, an adult, someone she could trust without it being someone who wanted to protect either Brian or Gabby (parents). Sorry if it has already been mentioned, trying to read through the whole thread.
    MOO.

19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

BINGO. Since Gabby is alive as she leaves Merry Piglets (around 1:30 pm IIRC) and it's probably 45 minutes to Spread Creek, more or less, traffic dependent. They also could have stopped for supplies, we don't know. Gabby was wearing her sweatshirt - I figure it was after 6 pm. Both dads think there was a good spot for a tent right next to where Gabby was found (and IIRC, remnants of a campfire).

BL is the only person known to be with Gabby on that trip, in that place, and for those dates. And he took her phone and/or credit cards.

Sincerely, TRB, NCHydrangea and 17 others like this.
  20. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

There are many opinions related to stated time span related to the time of death (TOD) without solid facts to support any of the assumptions, mine included.

I think it gives a lot of room for possibilities that span through September 4th. Again, not AT ALL popular, but in my opinion, cannot be ruled out. Wish it could be.

Again, many thoughts about this, and typical use of terms, but again, who knows? We sure don't just yet. MOO.

khaki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.