Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire182

Claire182 Well-Known Member

I took it as he used those cards on those dates and stopped on the 1st. I do not profess to be a legal person, just with what SB has said with the use after her death (not beneficial to BL at all) and the coroners 3/4 weeks (which In my opinion is a lot of leeway in an estimate, from what I took from the coroner is he couldn’t narrow it down any further) the merry piglets sighting, I genuinely think it’s between 27th - 29th. This is, of course my opinion.

2. SDFinColo

SDFinColo Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Parents go on lengthy errand run in Florida: LIVE UPDATES

Chris and Roberta Laundrie spent about an hour at their local Walmart store just after it opened Tuesday morning, exiting with a shopping cart full of bottled water and other items.

They drove by an AT&T store – but it had not yet opened. Then went to a bank, standing outside the door until its business day began at 9 a.m.

After about 25 minutes inside, they hit the road again, dropping off a box at a nearby FedEx Office storefront.

Then they hopped on Interstate 75 and drove north before reaching another AT&T store in Sarasota.

jash, Bluedaisy100, b2alicia and 15 others like this.
  3. r131313

r131313 Well-Known Member

In your opinion, sure. Factually, we do not know what, if any, evidence there is.

tiara1972 and Nikynoo like this.
  4. chupacabra

chupacabra Well-Known Member

It says nothing of the sort. There is nothing in that press release that states that the FBI believes she was dead when credit card access happened. That is not what the document states. Again, it states that a grand jury approved a warrant, and that warrant is meant to look into BLs activities following her death. The charge related to unlawful use does not make any claims to her being alive or dead.

tiara1972, LeeJay55 and Nikynoo like this.
  5. Chicago54

Chicago54 Well-Known Member

Wonder if BL was attempting to “steal” her phone and/or keys again…

6. jjonez

jjonez Well-Known Member

Dbm. Unapproved

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    cady and kittythehare like this.
  7. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

I just recall a discussion regarding the charge and I thought you stated that it couldn't be ruled out because we don't have all the evidence yet. I believe an example was used, possibly something about killing Gabby while trying to steal her cards.

Like I say I could have misunderstood.

Nikynoo likes this.
  8. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Just saw the video of a supposed Brian sighting in FL from The Sun and I have to say I'm skeptical. With so many people looking for their 15 mins of fame and the unusually high prevalence of people who seem to think taking advantage of these situations to make fools out of us, I'd be surprised if this wasn't staged.
    On the other hand, it's nice to see there are eyes open on the AT and focus other than the Carlton Reserve.

9. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Answering the question in an IMO way. Because from the public facing evidence to date it is difficult to believe that the parents did not have some knowledge of what had occurred prior to the date LE showed up at their door for a well check on GP, and potentially some knowledge (if not outright assistance) of BL going on the run and at least his initial whereabouts.

BL is gone with the wind, but the parents are not. LE can only do so much (or strategically, perhaps are electing to only do so much) without jeopardizing the case or investigation, but the same rules do not apply to the public. And, the public wants them to speak. It's been more than a month. MOO IMO JMO Just answering your question.

Bluedaisy100, GDawg89 and Bekind89 like this.
  10. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I think there is a sealed indictment. jmo

11. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

A lot of interest in that ATT store.

jash, LMDlong, SandSage and 4 others like this.
  12. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I'm smiling because alligators don't have hands. But it could have been intentional self-harm, so fall under your #1. If not, then maybe add #4 - misadventure/accident in the great outdoors.

KarmaRoundUp and GDawg89 like this.
  13. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Yeah...I reluctantly agree. I leave the legalities to the lawyers and LE, but from what little information we know, I do feel there is an open window of time where her TOD could have occurred. Even if we do believe the debit card use from the warrant is after her death, we don't know what time on the 30th he used them, nor where. And the FBI still is asking for witnesses from SC between Aug. 27-30th.

The coroner report doesn't narrow it down well, either.

I mean, personally, I can't with any certainty narrow the TOD window more than between afternoon (after 2pm) Aug. 27 through afternoon/eve (before 9pm) Aug. 30. If BL left Spread Creek at 9pm MST on Aug. 30th and basically drove straight through, it would put him in North Port around 10am EST on Sept. 1st. I don't think he left that late, but I have no proof he didn't and am willing to accept that.

Imo, we can argue all day about how obvious it is BL killed her on this day or that, but there really isn't anything irrefutable to narrow it specifically... that the public has been given, at least. Jmo.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  14. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

That water run...was this morning? Timestamp when I read it says "30 minutes ago" and says it's Tuesday. So this is them visiting WalMart and ATT again?

It looks like one of those websites where people can update their "reporting," so...could it be referring to the trip before BL went missing? I'm so confused.

jash, citygirl, kolokolo and 2 others like this.
  15. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

Good point! I will add it to my list!

My2Boys likes this.
  16. ShadyLady

ShadyLady Well-Known Member

I am adding to my own post.
    IMO
    Gabby was telling the truth about why they were arguing at Moab. The blog. To continue to shoot, look for beauty shots and b-roll, then edit and post is a lot of work. Gabby even worked on it with her father when she stayed at the Fairmont? Even though I can see the appeal of following live bloggers traveling across the USA, verses a blog that was completed and posted at once.

Get your production done at home, so much easier. Maob arguing about blog, and Merry Piglets indirectly, too?

That might have been the final argument.

17. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

Then let's be fair to each other. One side must prove she was deceased and the other side must prove she was alive. :D jmo

18. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

19. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

I am just amazed that anyone is interested in their day to day lives - just what does it achieve?

20. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

That may have been why she was crying so. Poor thing. Jmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.