Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
its sad to see how much this has slowed right down now

the social media post have slowed way way down, used to be thousands of posts a second and now its around 20 posts a minute on the hashtags

the media has slowed down too with little new news, and not as many live streams or for as long

I really hope we get some concrete information/news very very soon for Gabby's family

@Jurisprudence, I think you are correct. Here's a link:
Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News

“Brian and Gabby came to Rustic Row. They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance.”

The owner of Rustic Row said Petito and Laundrie spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the store and came in either on Aug. 25 or 26 in the afternoon.

From google, it appears the Rustic Row is open from 2-7pm (although I’m not sure if that is just the current, off-season hours). Victor is a little over 1 hour from Jenny Lake. Considering the Aug. 25th Jenny Lake sighting was around 5pm, and the Rustic Row witness said she saw them in “the afternoon,” I’m going to assume they did not go to Victor after Jenny Lake on the 25th. I think they were in Victor on the 26th.

My best guess is that GP and BL drove the GTNP loop (map attached) on the 25th, starting on the west side of the loop and ending up at Jenny Lake around 5pm before heading to camp (I think at Spread Creek, but who knows.) This is supported by GP telling her mom she was in the Tetons on the 25th, as well.

We really don’t have anything about what they did on the 26th other than the possible Victor sighting and JS seeing BL alone in the van, supposedly in the evening at Spread Creek (not sure the source for the time is permissible here). I do think they planned to go to Yellowstone around the 27th/28th, so all their snapchat and Victor comments about that fit.

I'm curious what they were doing on the 26th and morning of the 27th. I'm not sure about BL's skateboarding interest, but there are two skate parks in the area. One is in Jackson, and the other in Driggs, ID, which is immediately north of Victor.
Driggs Skatepark, Idaho

Also, by the time they had driven to WY, I bet the van had almost 3,000 miles on it, which could mean it was time for an oil change. Did they do that on those days? Maybe walked to MP while they waited for it to get done? Maybe getting supplies, gas, etc. before heading to Yellowstone while in town? Just random thoughts.
When I first starting reading various stories/articles about this case, I saw one that reported Gabby had been dropped off at Signal Mountain (Lodge?) on two successive days--they even had a picture of the lodge with the story. I've tried and tried to find that article again, but now I can't. Not sure where it went....

When I first starting reading various stories/articles about this case, I saw one that reported Gabby had been dropped off at Signal Mountain (Lodge?) on two successive days--they even had a picture of the lodge with the story. I've tried and tried to find that article again, but now I can't. Not sure where it went....
Yes, it was a screen shot that I saw. Supposedly it was the morning of the 27th, which, imo, could be plausible if they went there to shower while camping at Spread Creek. Only 25 minute drive. jmo.
Google Maps

But if it closed (sold) on 7/30, the new owner would already have taken possession by the time BL flew back a couple weeks later. So someone else would have had to move their things into storage two weeks previous to his return.
You'd think so. One would think that if they planned to sell the condo after B&G vacated for their long-term van trip, they would have insisted that that B&G move everything out before they left. I don't think it was in the van plan for B to fly home and back from wherever they were and have Gabby stay at the Fairfield for a week. It was obviously a spur of the moment change in plans.....to separate the two. Brian's father was capable of moving the stuff himself, or hiring someone to do it. It was either CL's idea, after hearing of the Moab fiasco, or Brian's. jmo

@Jurisprudence, I think you are correct. Here's a link:
Business owner says Gabby Petito and boyfriend made stop in Victor after visiting Wyoming - East Idaho News

“Brian and Gabby came to Rustic Row. They told me they were traveling from Florida. They had just been to Teton Park and they said they were interested in going to Yellowstone and I told them they could go to the west entrance.”

The owner of Rustic Row said Petito and Laundrie spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the store and came in either on Aug. 25 or 26 in the afternoon.

From google, it appears the Rustic Row is open from 2-7pm (although I’m not sure if that is just the current, off-season hours). Victor is a little over 1 hour from Jenny Lake. Considering the Aug. 25th Jenny Lake sighting was around 5pm, and the Rustic Row witness said she saw them in “the afternoon,” I’m going to assume they did not go to Victor after Jenny Lake on the 25th. I think they were in Victor on the 26th.

My best guess is that GP and BL drove the GTNP loop (map attached) on the 25th, starting on the east side of the loop and ending up at Jenny Lake around 5pm before heading to camp (I think at Spread Creek, but who knows.) This is supported by GP telling her mom she was in the Tetons on the 25th, as well.

We really don’t have anything about what they did on the 26th other than the possible Victor sighting and JS seeing BL alone in the van, supposedly in the evening at Spread Creek (not sure the source for the time is permissible here). I do think they planned to go to Yellowstone around the 27th/28th, so all their snapchat and Victor comments about that fit.

I'm curious what they were doing on the 26th and morning of the 27th. I'm not sure about BL's skateboarding interest, but there are two skate parks in the area. One is in Jackson, and the other in Driggs, ID, which is immediately north of Victor.
Driggs Skatepark, Idaho

Also, by the time they had driven to WY, I bet the van had almost 3,000 miles on it, which could mean it was time for an oil change. Did they do that on those days? Maybe walked to MP while they waited for it to get done? Maybe getting supplies, gas, etc. before heading to Yellowstone while in town? Just random thoughts.

I've always wondered if BL was looking for GP when JS spotted him driving slowly and alone. In the article, it says:

The van’s driver seemed to have no idea where he was going, and was moving too slowly down a narrow, one-car-width road near a dispersed camping area called Spread Creek in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.
Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery
It's possible Gabby was in the back of the van, but I don't think it's likely because on the Moab video, we can see how crowded and full of stuff the back of the van was, and also GP was riding in the passenger seat then. I wonder if they were separated for some reason and he was looking for her... JMO

OCT 18, 2021
Brian Laundrie Possibly Caught On Video In Florida
Surveillance video captured in Florida showing an individual resembling Brian Laundrie -- the fiancé of Gabrielle 'Gabby' Petito and a person of interest in her death -- pedaling an old bicycle has reportedly been submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for review.

The Dunnellon, Florida resident who captured the footage on his property told TMZ the video was taken along a rugged sugar sand patch that is hardly visited by pedestrians.

The man said the unidentified bicyclist was struggling while carrying an oversized backpack and heavy clothing, leading him to believe the individual was trying to lay low.

The property owner submitted the footage to the FBI for review in connection to its search for Laundrie as he felt it was enough of a match to flag it.

[...]
Wish I had the skills to clean the picture up. I think someone mentioned yesterday about him possibly using a bike. Interesting indeed. Let’s hope he’s caught soon. Thanks for sharing. MOO

But if it closed (sold) on 7/30, the new owner would already have taken possession by the time BL flew back a couple weeks later. So someone else would have had to move their things into storage two weeks previous to his return.
Sometimes a buyer will rent a property to the seller after closing to allow more time for the seller to move.
jmho

Brian Laundrie - update: Possible sighting of fugitive in Florida

AAODrPk.img
© YouTube Captura de pantalla 2021-09-20 a las 9.32.47 AM.png
A man believes his CCTV security cameras may have picked up images of fugitive Brian Laundrie in Florida, a report says.

According to the TMZ website, the images were recorded on the outskirts of the man's property in Dunnellon on 9 October.

Video obtained by the website shows a man wearing dark clothes cycling along a dirt track in a remote location.

The man, who has facial hair, can be seen wearing a black cap, black jumper, green trousers and is carrying a backpack.

Brian Laundrie - update: Possible sighting of fugitive in Florida after father issued court summons (msn.com)

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-19_7-26-59.png
    upload_2021-10-19_7-26-59.png
    68 bytes · Views: 58
Sometimes a buyer will rent a property to the seller after closing to allow more time for the seller to move.
jmho

True. And if there are tenants on a month-to-month lease, they have to be given at least 30 days to vacate, maybe longer depending on state law. Sale of a property doesn't automatically boot legal tenants who are paying rent. And if the tenants fail to pay, they'd have to be evicted versus the new owner throwing their stuff away. So there could have been an explanation although I'm not so sure that's the condo nor am I sure they lived in a condo. We have that from Rose only.
JMO

jmho
I understand that, but did no one think about that before B&G took off for parts unknown? Since the parents claimed to have room for the stuff in August at their home, they clearly had room for it in June, to eliminate the hassle and expense of moving it in the middle of a long-distance van trip. Maybe just dumb planning on everyone's part. jmo ETA Or maybe his parents had no idea that B&G's stuff was still in the storage locker at the condo until they sold it.

Last edited:
I've always wondered if BL was looking for GP when JS spotted him driving slowly and alone. In the article, it says:

The van’s driver seemed to have no idea where he was going, and was moving too slowly down a narrow, one-car-width road near a dispersed camping area called Spread Creek in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.
Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery
It's possible Gabby was in the back of the van, but I don't think it's likely because on the Moab video, we can see how crowded and full of stuff the back of the van was, and also GP was riding in the passenger seat then. I wonder if they were separated for some reason and he was looking for her... JMO
Yes...

So, a girl who is very sociable on a trip that involves isolation, by it's very nature--and a guy with a temper who is mindful of zen, who uses yoga and walking to ease his inner turmoil on a trip that requires hours inns small vehicle. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Wonder how Gabby's family missed Brian's negative traits described by this guy and Rose? I would think that their suspicions of what he may have done to GP would have unleashed their real thoughts about him.

Likely because he was on his best behavior and also that they were not around him constantly.

Could this be more aerial searching? Here's the history of this flight from about an hour ago - lots of circling around over the NW area of the reserve, and looks like it's heading back over the same area. N67525 Flight Tracking and History 19-Oct-2021 (KVNC-KVNC) - FlightAware
Registered to "USDA APHIS WILDLIFE SERVICES."

I saw that and I wonder. The path looks very curious. Yesterday that same helicopter appeared to land right in the reserve. I suppose life goes on and 'wildlife services' must continue...but then they also might lend their helicopters for a search. MOO

"He never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type," Michael Livingston, who said he worked with Laundrie, 23, in parts of 2017 and 2018, told Fox News Digital. "But he did have that tendency to be — I don’t wanna say the wrong thing and make him sound worse than he already is — he was kind of a guy who would get p---ed off pretty quick."
Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

“Three weeks ago I posted in my stories about Brian’s Pinterest account. In my screengrab from three weeks ago he followed 145 people,” the influencer reportedly wrote.

“Tonight I was scrolling some of his pins on his account and I noticed this … He now follows 146 people. That’s weird right?” Dodge continued.

“Like of course his follow count went up as people have flocked to his pages but how did who he follows go up within the past three weeks. Can bot pages make you follow them?” she asked.
Blogger reveals ‘weird’ detail on Laundrie Pinterest account

Could this be more aerial searching? Here's the history of this flight from about an hour ago - lots of circling around over the NW area of the reserve, and looks like it's heading back over the same area. N67525 Flight Tracking and History 19-Oct-2021 (KVNC-KVNC) - FlightAware
Registered to "USDA APHIS WILDLIFE SERVICES."

Reviewing the tracking log, the flight was very low and slow, at times below 25ft. I do believe they are looking.

Flight Track Log ✈ N67525 19-Oct-2021 (KVNC-KVNC) - FlightAware

You'd think so. One would think that if they planned to sell the condo after B&G vacated for their long-term van trip, they would have insisted that that B&G move everything out before they left. I don't think it was in the van plan for B to fly home and back from wherever they were and have Gabby stay at the Fairfield for a week. It was obviously a spur of the moment change in plans.....to separate the two. Brian's father was capable of moving the stuff himself, or hiring someone to do it. It was either CL's idea, after hearing of the Moab fiasco, or Brian's. jmo
I am wondering whether the decision to sell a condo was a last minute thing - to raise funds for something else? Looking at the listing - it looks like it sold soon after going on the market - so perhaps the sale was not foreseen when B and G left for their trip?

If you scroll down, you can see property listed for sale on 7/7, pending sale on 9/7, with sale completing on 30/7
259 Fenwick Dr UNIT 40, Venice, FL 34285 | Zillow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member