Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

If she checked herself into a private facility, they would not have just let her settle in without either health insurance information or a large chunk of cash upfront (or proof that there was a large chunk of cash available). Likely, both of these would have required a call to her parents. A public facility would also want the health insurance information or proof that she was indigent and eligible for medicaid beyond an immediate emergency-room crisis. MOO, it is extremely far-fetched to think that she is in a mental facility and has been for a few weeks without her family knowing about it.

unmused, 10ofRods, loveplace and 10 others like this.

2. wary

wary Well-Known Member

But she says he didn’t LOOK as though he had been hiking for days. I’m confused, too

3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

4. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

He freaked out when they said, "Jackson Hole". I guess he thought they were two different places. When he got out, he went to look for another ride to hitch. The whole thing is confusing.

5. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

I looked for the Desert Cosmic one as well and couldn't find anything.

6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

7. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

My very old flip phone keeps the texts and missed calls in some secret area in the system and then when I get within coverage I'll get the beep beep beep all in sequence, and they are time stamped for the sending time, not the receiving time.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    loveplace, thor124, carbuff and 4 others like this.
  8. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

pretty sure he could have figured that out for himself but still it makes no sense, he wanted to go to jackson, i just heard the lady say, we are going to Jackson.....so ven if she said jackson hole, what difference would that even make......reminds me of Casey Anthony.ughh

carbuff and TigerLou like this.
  9. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

How many women have been dropped off by friends and murdered by someone else between the driveway and their front door? All I'm saying is that its a possibility that they became separated for some reason and she was lost to him. The fact that no 911 call was made is either one of two things: there was no emergency or there WAS an emergency and HE wanted to cover his a**.

I would think having your girlfriend disappear after the both of you are the stars of 5 police body cams is more than enough reason to go on the lam whether you've done something or not. Explain THAT Mr. Adventurer!

He's silent, because he's covering his a**. Why? We shall see.

His cross country run is as dumb as OJ Simpson's ride on the I-5. These two have publicized themselves like a couple of Siamese twins. They're posting their adventure. She's here today, then suddenly gone tomorrow. I don't care how fast you drive, who you don't call for help, or who you hire to do your talking (or not talking) for you. You're the prime suspect until you prove otherwise. The silent treatment isn't working for him. In the end, its going to swim back and bite BL on the ass. Bad legal advice.

10. scoodyboo

scoodyboo Well-Known Member

Lots of questions but regarding being clean, they picked him up at a spot that had showers so maybe he took one there.

jsiar, Vern, NCHydrangea and 7 others like this.
  11. sarx

sarx Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

It is theoretically possible that they went out to Victor and then were looking at W Yellowstone both because those areas have more camping/lodging options than in the park(s).

12. OCD_Sleuth

OCD_Sleuth Active Member

Yep but that would still be heading south from GTNP. He apparently wanted to go north.

thor124, cuffem, CrimeDawg123 and 2 others like this.
  13. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

IIRC his phone was for texting only so he couldn’t make calls on it.

14. DocBrew

DocBrew Well-Known Member

Doctors and nurses are mandated reporters but only under certain circumstances. Being a missing person isn't one of them. There are a host of reasons why being a missing person doesn't mandate disclosure.

Psychiatric facilities are under a bit more scrutiny when it comes to PHI disclosure than a typical medical facility. And yes, a person being merely registered as a patient at any hospital is PHI. PHI isn't just relegated to one's treatment and diagnosis, but also one's presence.

Again, the facility must weigh law enforcement's request and the public's right to know versus the patient's right to privacy and any potential liability for PHI disclosure (whether HIPAA permits or not). They almost always err on the side of the patient's privacy. A court order or voluntary patient authorization to disclose is generally required.

JMO.

Hap, PixieStix and Seni like this.
  15. Midgie2

Midgie2 Well-Known Member

With this new info/getting a ride…I think it’s him setting up an alibi.

16. wary

wary Well-Known Member

When you say ‘sending time,’ do you mean the time you first tried to send them? Just double checking.

17. lilacstarz

lilacstarz Well-Known Member

It is a long drive but doable. My sister drove from Las Vegas to Washington DC and it took her a couple of days and she did it by herself.

18. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

I've only been able to find a little place in Palm Springs called that & also a band or album from 1992.

Bluedaisy100 likes this.
  19. Hotbell312

Hotbell312 Well-Known Member

Bad, not mad. She was saying he was bad about having the charger.

20. Here_I_Am

Here_I_Am Well-Known Member

Hadn't seen that mentioned yet. Nice pickup.

NCHydrangea and PixieStix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.