Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

Another posted brought this up a few threads back. I’ve googled, searched Etsy, etc. I can not find it! I do know that out that way there are tons of stickers in all the stores though. My son recently was in WY on a hiking trip and brought back a ton of them.

cass523, PixieStix and Shane00 like this.

2. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

The thing that throws me off with the TikTok girl is the screenshot of the text she sent to her mother… it said the guy they picked up went back to his wife. But in the TikTok’s she made it clear Brian referred to his SO (Gabby) as his fiancé. Her story in general sounds solid so I don’t think she’s lying about picking someone up I’m just not sure I believe that the person was ever Brian.

carbuff, SuziQ, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  3. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

I can answer this!

He might have meant Jackson Dam.

Tourists get the different “Jackson” references confused all the time in that area.

I don’t think he freaked out about going to Jackson Hole.

I think he freaked out because he saw the van parked at Jackson Dam.

Vern, captdj, sleepysleuth and 18 others like this.
  4. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Sounds like he wanted to go north and got mixed up. Great outdoors man and all that.

5. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

This doesn't make sense to me either, $200 would be a ton of money to two young people traveling on the budget I am sure they were on. I also am not sure we can 100% believe everything BL supposedly said to the people who picked him up especially since they reported he barely had any supplies, was clean, and told them he slept on a tarp. Maybe he knew they wouldn't take the money?

thor124, cuffem, ocean.eyes and 3 others like this.
  6. thebes

thebes Active Member

I just put it in Google Maps and it says 34 hours (2300 miles) from GTNP to Florida. I've driven cross country a couple of times and you can make really good time in the long flat states like Nebraska and Kansas. It's totally doable.

7. Lizbeth-11

Lizbeth-11 Member

What if the van was parked at Jackson Dam and him being let out there put him right where he wanted to be?

What if GP and BL hiked from Jackson Dam and something happened out there to GP. BL made his way to the CB / showers, got cleaned up (hence why not dirty / smelly), hitched a ride back to the van under pretense of heading to “Jackson”, and drove to FL from there.

b2alicia, thor124, Flurries and 24 others like this.
  8. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

Snip of full quote above.

Great job on the transcription except GP actually said “bad”, as in he’s bad about forgetting the phone charger. Then LEO says “Oh, he’s bad about that too?” You did an amazing job on it overall.

9. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

He had told cops during the altercation interview that he didn't have money for a hotel room so they found him a free one.

Then suddenly he's apart from Gabby for days and he has $200 cash? For a short car ride? He's panicking at this point. Why is he panicked?

Something stinks very badly here. At this point, according to him, Gabby was all alone out in the middle of nowhere working on her social media. Would she have even had cell service or wifi to do that?

Hoping this is out in the open discussion about these videos by this point. If not I apologize. I think they are important evidence and the women is very credible.

10. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Looked on the map....Jackson Idaho is quite a distance compared to Jackson Hole. Maybe the offered $200 makes more sense.
    But why did he want to go there?

Centaurus, cass523, cuffem and 7 others like this.
  11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

To Note:
    •Miranda Baker said on August 29 she and her boyfriend picked up Brian Laundrie, who she said was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park at 5:30 p.m.
    •told Baker that he and Gabby were camping along Snake River, on an unregulated camp ground AND told them he had been "hiking for days along Snake River."; “He said he had been camping for multiple days without his fiance," Baker recalled. "And that she was working on their social media page back at their van."
    •This alleged incident was four days after Gabby's family last heard from her and three days before Laundrie showed up in Florida alone, driving the van that he and Gabby were traveling in.
    •He was asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson; offered $200 to take him
    •mentioned to Laundrie that they were driving to Jackson Hole and he immediately asked to be let out of the vehicle; they let him out near Jackson Dam in Grand Teton National Park

12. GDawg89

GDawg89 Well-Known Member

This is
    Great post on DNA off the water bottle, this is forward thinking, I did not think of that but very possible if he is that calculated. His music and website is out there so maybe.

13. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

Yes that was strange but the second time she said Jackson Hole. Are they one abe the same?

14. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

Would anyone else want Admin access to the map? I don't know that it'd be helpful to have it completely open-source (might get chaotic with too many people adding/editing), but if there's some other long-time WSers that want to help me keep up on it, I can grant access. Message me!

15. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

I remember @shelbycat previously mentioning that the tent was displayed in the presser and asking “does this mean the tent was not in the van?!”

Running w/ this for a moment. Per that tiktok (I am careful with it because unconfirmed so far by LE, but on speculation) — could he AND Gabby have camped somewhere separate from their van? Parked the van, hiked together to a remote location with the tent and camped together? (On her Dyrt app there is a ‘near yellowstone’ list with an A1R camping location that is tent only, no car access, so it’s definitely something they also look at as options for camping)…so they are off together remotely with their tent. Then something happens, he leaves her or kills her there and leaves her with the tent to hightail it out of there? Then, hitchhiked with this couple back to the van so he could run away. Maybe he lied about his story he told them. And maybe the tent wasnt in the van when recovered. We don’t know that, but would make sense why he had been camping for days and only had a tarp on him, and also had a story about why he and gabby were separated. Either he was telling the truth that she was waiting for him back at the van, or he intentionally made that up and said something about his fiancé UNPROMPTED in order to start creating an alibi that they weren’t together.

Additionally, he could have freaked out at the location of the dam drop off, wanting to hop out, to avoid the driving couple figuring out his lies. Maybe his van was near where they dropped him off and he acted like it wasn’t because, he’d already told them he was going to a “remote campsite where his fiancé was waiting, up north” and he couldn’t have them see him going back to a parked car, without his fiancé there, ruining his alibi.

I think the fact he said he’d been camping for days without her but didn’t have a tent with him might be a sign that he DID have a tent and left it, and that maybe he WAS with her camping but left her, too, and needed a backstory to this couple so they trusted him and for an alibi.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  16. Maybe the parents had sent him a Venmo to get home etc?

thor124, Midgie2 and PixieStix like this.
  17. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

"He approached us asking for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson and we were going to Jackson that night. So I said, ya know, 'hop in' and he hopped in the back of my Jeep," Baker said. "He offered to pay us like, $200 to give him a ride like 10 miles. So, that was kind of weird."

Gobstopper, Midgie2, MadMcGoo and 2 others like this.
  18. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO

19. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

That guy would never sleep outdoors on a tarp. JMO.

20. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438971206737272841

That Brian guy is doing his live at BL's parents' house, and it does appear that there's no one in the house. They panned the camera down the street though and holy crap I feel so bad for the neighbors. News people's cars have totally taken over the street.

thor124, Flurries, dcfi224 and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.