Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

I would bet my left arm that the only reason this guy has stayed silent is because mom and dad told him to.

2. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

T
    Thank you for sharing!

PixieStix, Shellinaya and wary like this.
  3. klind55

klind55 Well-Known Member

To create a sort of alibi that she is alive and well.

4. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

How does this sighting fit in, geography wise with the sighting of the woman store owner who saw them going towards Yellowstone, IIRC?
    Also, are there as many black and brown bears in the Jackson Hole area as there are in Yellowstone, Glacier NP, etc?

I don't believe for 1 second that preppy bare foot guy slept out on or under a "tarp". (sorry I feel so strongly about that I had to repeat, lol)

5. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he might have left Gabby's phone in the TikToker's Jeep to throw police off his trail. It could have worked for a few hours until it ran out of battery.

6. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

That was my first thought too - they were broke. Gabby told the cops she is a nutritionist. She worked at an organic juice bar. On her Instagram page the description mentions "veggies". I think she'd have to be broke to eat like this.

7. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

If I were the Laundries, I would have knocked a couple of boards off the back fence and 'escaped' through the neighbor's yard. Would have been easy to get an Uber pickup there.

thor124, PixieStix, TigerLou and 3 others like this.
  8. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I don't, Gabby appears to be blonde, naturally, very light skin, etc. Eyes are very different. They are both gorgeous, though.

Cricket705 and Turkeytrot like this.
  9. Answersearch

Answersearch Member

Ok more on this hitchhiking story. She said they picked him up at 5:30pm and dropped him off at 6:09. Colter bay to jackson dam is 7.6 miles trip roughly 11 minute ride. I know the parks are crowded but thats 39 minutes. And she said he was wearing hiking boots. Hmmm

10. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito's godmother calls out fiancé Brian Laundrie for silence on the case: 'It's reprehensible'

Gabby Petito’s godmother, Flora Rocco, joined other family members in calling for answers on her disappearance on Friday and called the silence from her fiancé Brian Laundrie reprehensible.

Rocco, who lives in South Carolina, told "The Faulkner Focus" that the couple visited her frequently when they traveled. The last time she saw them was in early June.

When asked if Petito and Laundrie were in love, Rocco said, "I would say so."

"From what I saw, yeah, they had a great relationship," she said. "And that's the weird thing. That's the mystery. And that's another reason that it's very infuriating that Brian is not talking."

Rocco explained the family dynamic, noting that Gabby’s mother and stepfather communicated with Laundrie’s parents but not often.

"There wasn’t any sort of closeness," she said.

11. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

My first thought too, was he wanted them to remember him, give him an alibi

12. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I was watching Court TV last night and Vinnie Politan nearly blew a gasket when his panel of attorneys said basically the same thing. What about compassion for GP's family? I can understand his not speaking to LE but his refusal to speak to GP's family has no excuse.

In your link, the example given by one of the attorneys as to why BL should remain silent is precisely why BL should have contacted LE immediately: She could have accidentally fallen to her death and Laundrie feared he’d be blamed for it.

If that is what happened, after so much time has elapsed, nobody on a jury is going to believe it was an accident. JMO

13. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree that we have to enter into Brian's lexicon/state of mind, and that he might be paranoid and prone to overexplaining, because he is reacting to what is on his mind.

Thus he's assuming the meanest possible motives to anything innocent anyone asks him; because he's in a panic as to what happened to Gabby.

He has no frame of reference that jibes with someone speaking of innocent things; because he is in fact functioning as a guilty person with a guilty conscience. He's incapable of entering into a mindset where he's for-sure innocent, and nobody suspects anything.

14. R.U.Kidding!

R.U.Kidding! Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is when Gaby had contact with the "Creepy Guy". While Brian was gone and she was in the van working on her website. When he got back she was gone?

15. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@WFLA

Gabby Petito search: Officials to hold press conference from Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming http://bit.ly/3hGNd44

16. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

To establish that she was still alive when he left her. I think that was the point of all that. She maybe wasn't still alive at that point, but he wanted people to think she was. At least until he got back to FL and got a lawyer.

17. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO
    Doesn't the map that shows where they picked him up indicate showers? MOO

18. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

No because a text was sent from her phone the following day 8/30 to her mom so someone with knowledge of the situation had her phone at that time.

19. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

He could have left her phone plugged into a battery pack, that few days hike away, with a pre-scheduled WhatsApp message (people do refer to those as texts, although I have seen some people say they can schedule actual texts on their phones.)

Cricket705 and PixieStix like this.
  20. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

My point was not whether she had a good reason to kick him out; my point was that he is now in Florida with the van, and she is nowhere to be found. Did they each have a set of keys to the van, or does he now have the only set? (We likely cannot know that)-If it is the only set, how did he get them from her?

loveplace, NCHydrangea and Mert like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.