Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

ETA - broken quote
    Great to have a local close by - I wonder who they would get to come and pick them up? With all this notoriety? hmmm

2. Peony459

Peony459 Well-Known Member

A Scorpio? Do we know what day in November?

SovereignSnake and Lore Listener like this.
  3. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Is there a reasonable chance that, if she was alive when he left but was incapacitated by injury or lost in the park, she could still be alive 2+ weeks later? I am having trouble finding an outcome where she is somewhere alive. If she is alive, then she would have to be being held somewhere by a dangerous person because of her lack of contact.

I don’t feel good about the timeline of the 25th to the latest 30th of her disappearing, and it now being the 16th. Too much time has passed. But I want to know…are there any other cases where a camper/hiker was injured or lost and able to survive 17+ days in the wilderness?

4. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Having just been through a jury seating, that's how lawyers refer to people, especially if they are people about whom they are personally unfamiliar.

5. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

My last post on abuse. Many don't think this can be labelled as abuse based on only a one hour snippet of time but you also can't say that it's not abuse based on a one hour snippet of time. Abuse is typically a cycle and pattern of behavior. I posit that just like when you take your car to a mechanic, the mechanic will know what to look at under the hood, or when you go to the doctor they will know based on symptoms, what blood work to order, abusive behavior is recognized by people who are familiar with it. Yes everyone has arguments and bad days but being disrespected, minimized, devalued, lied about is abusive. It can be subtle and covert and unfortunately the target is frequently not believed because the abuser is totally different around others. MOO

6. Herat

Herat Way out West

Yes, I find this to be a positive statement couched in more intentionally careful wording.

BL should be feeling cold chills down his neck at this statement.

thor124, Tutter, Fleur-de-lis and 9 others like this.
  7. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

Well, there you go...this would be my bet.

reeniVroo, thor124, NWLady and 8 others like this.
  8. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

If she were near a water source, she could have the possibility of surviving in this scenario. She'd be needing food real soon though.

b2alicia, thor124, carbuff and 6 others like this.
  9. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

Didn't Frazee claim Kelsey had gone to visit her grandmother?

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Even if she knew he was traveling, they could originally have splurged on one night in the hotel, to be nearer his flight departure spot, if it was an airport hotel. Then he could have left with her keys, and thus required an expensive stay by her. He would know that he himself would not have to pay. He could have done this to make her look bad to her family, her blog fans. Just to put stress on her any way he could. Looky here, she really stays in hotels.

11. Coquette

Coquette Observer

I was having this conversation with my husband. He may very well be out of the country at this point. The comment from the Police Chief about knowing his 'location' really made me take pause. There are certainly countries that do not have extradition treaties with the US. Thus far it appears all communication with LE regarding BL has solely been through his NY attorney.

MOO.

12. Herat

Herat Way out West

I believe The Bank of Dad supplied additional funds to purchase the van.

13. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

Yes but since it's a statement on behalf of his client, I'd expect less formal addresses. In court, definitely but as a statement from the family, it sounds especially cold.

14. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal precept, it's used in courts of law. We the people can think and say otherwise. LE can't, though. Prosecutors have to claim someone committed a crime, and then everyone who is not on the jury can still think what they want.

I totally agree that Brian's behavior has made a lot of us suspicious. Gabby was not BL's spouse, though. There seem to be only a handful of options for Gabby - each of which BL would know something about.

I guess if all else fails, Gabby's family can sue BL in a civil case. It would be long and complicated, but at least they could depose BL. Finding the right causes of action might be challenging, but a good PI/WD attorney could do it.

La Louve, thor124, Tutter and 16 others like this.
  15. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Her dad would add to the funding. Per Dominos Pizza comment.

girlhasnoname likes this.
  16. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

ugh. His pinterest is so cryptic.

WestieMom, SurfieTX and Dontknow? like this.
  17. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

BL’s sister, Cassie:

“"I wish I could talk to him," Cassie Laundrie said. “I’ve cooperated every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more.

Confirms she hasn’t talked to BL at all, imo. She’s prob just as much in shock as the rest of us. So… are BL’s parents sequestering him all this time, or is he isolating himself? Either way, I don’t think this pressure is EVER going away. Go to the gas station- questions. Barber- questions. Grocery- questions. Work- few would employ him. Job apps- good luck. His life as he knows it is forever changed. His parents lives never the same again. Their self-employed businesses are going to take a big hit. Maybe go under. How long can one exist like that?

Besides concerns about finding Gabby in wilderness & soon snow & relentless winter in NW WY, I’m concerned how BL is handling this scorn & pressure. Why? If he doesn’t crack & spill the beans, he may become suicidal & GB will never be found. It’s a hopeless situation- in between rock & hard place. Even with last pings & auto data, sometimes entire SAR teams miss bodies in small neighborhood grids nevermind 2 adjacent national parks. Ugh. Jmo. Moo.

As search for Gabby Petito continues, first person in Brian Laundrie's family speaks

18. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

I'd wonder if she's familiar with foraging... I imagine that the back country in that area is ripe with stuff to eat this time of year.

19. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

For all intents and purposes, it was their van, and from their instagrams he did quite a bit of work on it as well and was the primary driver. I’m not sure how her work was making the trip possible as clearly everything about the van and the trip was a joint effort on theirs and their families parts.

20. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

He’d take the Fifth. Each and every time they would ask a question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.