Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I doubt he was camping at that time he made it up to cover whatever he was going with the tarp, and it was not sleeping on it. IMO.

2. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

Steve Lookner @lookner 7m
    Official announcement from the Grand County (Utah) Sheriff: "It has been determined that the Gabby Petito missing person case is not related to the double-homicide case involving Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte." (From the sheriff's Facebook page.)

[​IMG]

windrower, JB1958, carbuff and 6 others like this.
  3. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

4. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

To me I think dad went there after mom called him to say she was getting no answers and she was concerned-either before or after being denied by LE to submit a police report.

5. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

The "No Connection Between the Cases" presser means that either they believe they have solved one or the other cases - or they are talking through their hats.

windrower, Aqua, Tutter and 14 others like this.
  6. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

windrower, Laughing, Harvath and 2 others like this.
  7. Dell

Dell Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually set eyes on BL at his parents house? Did he ever return or did dad go and get the van? All I have read is they know his whereabouts?

Tutter, JB1958, rkendmar and 4 others like this.
  8. WahooSleuth

WahooSleuth Well-Known Member

It's a missing person case until it isn't

Cricket705, Laughing and penguinface like this.
  9. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

She didn’t constantly apologize for ‘grabbing the wheel’ at all. She denied doing that and said she was hitting his arm. HE said she grabbed the wheel and that was why he hit the curb.

I disagree about her being programmed and unable to think without him. She’s the one with a goal to monetize her vlog. She had an Etsy business. She was the one putting herself out there in the videos. She was trying to create a website, too. He was jealous of her determination to succeed in life. And IMO a “pleaser” would have buckled when he took the keys. She fought back. Which is probably why he killed her. JMO

10. Emi

Emi Well-Known Member

11. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

The reason we invented shoes. Some of this earth crap is hokum.

rkendmar, JayWill, Laughing and 2 others like this.
  12. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Are you referring to this?

FIRST ON FOX: Gabby Petito’s father was involved in a "public service" incident at her fiancé Brian Laundrie’s home on Sept. 10, nine days after he returned to Florida without her from a cross-country road trip and a day before she was reported missing by her mother, according to heavily redacted police reports.

Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident evening before daughter reported missing

13. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

They may just have video/electronic footage of BL somewhere that isn't at the double-murder homicide. So essentially at least he has an alibi for that crime.

windrower, Vern, NCHydrangea and 10 others like this.
  14. NoThisIsPatrick

NoThisIsPatrick Active Member

I live a couple miles away, I don’t think they’re actually home. They are definitely hiding out somewhere.

15. tresptip

tresptip Well-Known Member

I think he took her for a long hike with the intentions of waiting till she was asleep and then took off as fast as could back to the van and left.

JB1958, Cricket705, TigerLou and 3 others like this.
  16. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

Well, he said he wanted to go to "Jackson" and offered a large sum of money for the ride. We know he didn't mean Jackson, WY because he got out when he understood that's where his ride was headed. Jackson, ID is a 5.5-6 hour drive away which would make the the offer of the 200 bucks sensible. It's also on the Snake River, which he said he'd been following:

jackson idaho to grand teton national park driving at DuckDuckGo

Maybe someone else recalls when that sighting in Idaho was. Perhaps they went to Idaho after leaving Yellowstone. If that's the case (and I'm only speculating), these are long distances.

Dontknow? and Laughing like this.
  17. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

The Moab Altercation was two weeks earlier, and he allegedly flew home to Florida and back in the interim.

JB1958, rkendmar, Dontknow? and 2 others like this.
  18. BluesClues0

BluesClues0 Former Member

This may explain why BL's family is not talking. GP's dad probably showed up there and was threatening enough for the cops to get called. I'd assume that BL had no idea that she wasn't contacting her folks. I don't get the sense that he was that close to her parents so he's not going to call them to say they broke up. It could well have been the first time he heard that she may be missing. Sure, I get why GP's dad would be like WTF, you've been here a week and didn't call the cops? His answer would probably have been, "I assumed she was ok. but she wasn't answering my calls. I'd think there would be missed calls from BL on GP's phone if that were the case. But he may also not have called. It may have been a traumatic enough break up that he didn't want to talk to her either. And why would he call her parents to announce that they broke up? Only after being confronted by BL's dad and learned she was missing may be when he lawyered up and clammed up.

19. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

1) Can you even see the parking lot where he got out of the couple's jeep who gave him a ride?
    2) If the van was in Jackson 200 miles away how did he get to where he was when given a ride by the couple?
    MOO

20. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.