Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm really shocked. I had pictured people on the sidewalk. This isn't right. People shouldn't let themselves get dragged down to the same low level the Laundries are exhibiting. This doesn't help Gabby.

Sjm_qc, Warwick7, Arkay and 11 others like this.

2. Backhoe411

Backhoe411 Active Member

I have heard it brought up on this sight a number of times. Was he confused? Or he may have ment that the phone was not on his person. I am guessing his reply was because it was not in his physical possession. He also did not have any weapons on his person, but there was no mention of any in the vehicle, at least not from what I have read.
    So yes he did own a phone, and did he lie about it? Not really, He may have been painting other details in a rosy light, I find it quite interesting how much people extract from the footage. A lot that I didn't notice, some I found reaching.

Beccalynne, CDB and Jurisprudence like this.
  3. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

People are sometimes reluctant to make an official “missing person” report, if they believe the person may not be missing. I think this is why the father went to the Laundrie house first. When he realized that he wasn’t getting anywhere with them, they filed the report, IMO

Sjm_qc, SuziQ, Arkay and 9 others like this.
  4. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

True, I just personally doubt they’d flash their FBI badge to the crowd for anyone to know that 100%. Police officers / detectives in partial uniform in unmarked car makes more sense in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    sarx likes this.
  5. Newsjunkiejen

Newsjunkiejen Former Member

Yes, let's hope they do announce more soon!

I think the only way they can say the cases are not connected is if they think they know for certain the perpetrator in either one of the crimes.

It makes me wonder if there's been a breakthrough and that's why the statement they were going to make tonight was suddenly cancelled. Maybe there's a recent development and they might be about to announce there's a warrant for the arrest of BL, for example.

I also saw a couple of comments back on here, on a Twitter link that someone posted, that the police are apparently IN the Laundrie's home right now.

MOO

6. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

The reporters there are not helping in the situation by covering these idiots.

Sjm_qc, GRT, Kapua and 2 others like this.
  7. Kikimora11

Kikimora11 Cogito, ergo sum

And what are they going to say, "my client was harassed because these total degenerate civilians were TAKING SELFIES OF HIS GARBAGE CAN!"?

"
    ...thank you."

wary, smp10, dacjess and 4 others like this.
  8. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

I don't know the zoning laws locally but we have seen guns pulled for protests going through peoples property. Highly questionable.

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

They’re probably just there due to the issues with people harassing them and trespassing.

10. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Yes - I'm going to abstain too, out of principle.

Kapua and cuffem like this.
  11. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

We do know that. We also know you should stay on the sidewalk.

Sjm_qc, cujenn81, scout35 and 7 others like this.
  12. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

I disagree. I absolutely beluieve that BL and his parents knew full well that she wasn’t contacting her parents, and why she wasn’t. Why do you think that Brian and his parents refused to answer GP’s parents’ texts?

wary, sripey, JayWill and 16 others like this.
  13. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

2nd try: About the van-- I bet profilers are looking at every last detail around the van. We've already heard from several women here, incl. myself. who have been abused in some fashion via a vehicle. In G's case, she was terrified of being left alone, locked outside her own van. She crawled over him to regain access to her own van. And now? Nope. No more access.
    We don't know what it meant to B that his name was not on the title. But he'd have an opinion of that fact either way. It was a major thing they shared on a daily basis. That fact alone makes it significant, imo. That he ended up with it in the end, but but refuses to talk, is significant.
    Last, I, like many women, once had a car taken out from under me. I naively gave him the title & he said he'd pay me for the car. Well, no, never happened. Cars are a big deal to guys, not to stereotype, but in general.
    B could have simply abandoned the car, but the fact he decided to take the thing is significant. I'll go back to my original theory, which is he didn't want to leave it somewhere, because that would clue searchers in to a specific area to start with. Now there IS no area, & he ain't talkin.

wary, SuziQ, JayWill and 3 others like this.
  14. WahooSleuth

WahooSleuth Well-Known Member

Aqua, Quiche, NCHydrangea and 13 others like this.
  15. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

Even if they found her, they might still have nothing to arrest him on... yet.

16. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

thor124, Sjm_qc, Sundog and 6 others like this.
  17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Very reminiscent of the protesters at the Anthony house all those years ago….

TRB, Warwick7, RhythmicSun and 14 others like this.
  18. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

If it is FBI, I'm just a little let down they are driving a Dodge Caravan.

19. Kikimora11

Kikimora11 Cogito, ergo sum

Keep in mind, this is Florida. <modsnip>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.