Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

This is going to be solved very quickly if they were in GTNP or YNP. So many people there. So many cameras. So much social media. These two people don't strike me as resourceful outdoors people. They were not backpacking. They can only go where their van takes them. Which is not an overlanding vehicle. Options are limited. Just a matter of time IMO. BL must be very nervous.

jash, thor124, Bluedaisy100 and 41 others like this.

2. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Two young people loaded themselves into a van like spam in a can and took off on an adventure. Somewhere along the way, they got into an argument. Someone reported that argument. The police intervened. The young people went on their way. Some days later, he returned home without her, didn't call 911, family didn't call 911, entire family lawyered up and are now hiding out.
    That's the backbone of this incident.

At this moment, an army of police are working the case, plowing through thousands of phone calls, email messages, so called "leads", and following standard police investigation protocols. All the dissection of these 2 unknown to us people is speculation until the police establish solid, provable facts.

That investigative army is arrayed against the assumed shelter one lawyer has afforded a terrified young man and his family. There's a terrified family with a missing daughter. Between all of them, there's an avalanche of the unknown.

Patience is the key here. Its going to take a long time to to investigate a case that encompasses thousands of miles and myriads of unfortunate possibilities.

3. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Maybe like aligning your bed north south not east west.

thor124, SovereignSnake, d4j and 3 others like this.
  4. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Yes. I even saw a major newscast that mixed up BL's two trips back to Florida (the plane trip and the van trip).

It would sure be nice if we had some sort of public excel sheet where people put down all the information, with columns for sources and estimates of reliability. And there could be more columns for more subjective opinions (like the shape of someone's ears!)

Does anybody know how and where this could be set up?

5. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

The biggest issue would be exposure to the elements.

6. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Yes. I even saw a major newscast that mixed up BL's two trips back to Florida (the plane trip and the van trip).

It would sure be nice if we had some sort of public excel sheet where people
    put down all the information, with columns for sources and estimates of reliability. And there could be more columns for more subjective opinions (like the shape of someone's ears!)

Does anybody know how and where this could be set up?

PixieStix and JudgeJoe like this.
  7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

here is her media thread
    WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

press conferences, tweets, MSM media, etc. a lot of information about Gabby missing

d4j, HayLouise, PixieStix and 10 others like this.
  8. fuzzface

fuzzface New Member

Friends stunned by Gabby Petito's disappearance, said ...https://kutv.com › news › local › friends-stunned-by-ga...

They worked together at Publix

9. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I agree, but the one significant thing from the bodycam footage is we know she cared a lot about the van and her own safety, and wouldn't have given it to him and walked away, or at least, not without first getting support from parents or others.

10. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

I keep thinking of BL's sister's children. This has got to be very hard on them, especially if they're in school.

forgetmenot, d4j, Alkali13 and 9 others like this.
  11. Midwestmom2019

I think it was in response to LE separating them shortly after they were called. The post referenced her dad ordering Domino's Pizza from his app and delivering it to her at hotel.

10ofRods and PixieStix like this.
  12. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Since you brought it up and we have discussed this previously - Florida does not recognize "their" property. If the van is registered in her name alone, it's hers. They aren't married. If they were, and she was dead, he could take her death certificate down to the tag office and make it "his". That is our process. LE has confirmed the Van was hers.
    JMO

13. Midwestmom2019

So keeping a nationwide alert is a great thing. Hopefully, everyone out in that area during those dates will review anything they have for pictures, videos, recollections of sightings, etc.

thor124, forgetmenot, carbuff and 7 others like this.
  14. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

The motion GP made when she was demonstrating how he put his hands on her reminds me of a parental figure yoking up a child's face. My parents used to do this to me all the time. I'm not trying to inject my personal experience or use it as bias. It just reminded me of that. I hated it when it happened fwiw. If I was grown, I might put marks on someones face if they yoked me up that way. Again, I'm not saying one way or the other about abuse in this relationship; just that motion was very familiar.

15. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Patience needed, yes, unless the 24 year old mans up. Next year is the 1/4 century mark for his stay so far on earth. I don't care for 3 seconds that he is "terrified". But yes, Gabby's family has my complete sympathy.

16. BeachBabe000

BeachBabe000 Member

Hi, I'm new to this, haven't posted much. The last text received from Petito's phone was on Aug 30 that said "No service in Yosemite." They were in or around the Grand Tetons at that point. Laundrie returned home on Sept. 1st and lawyered up. I don't believe she sent that last text and if he would have started home Aug 30, that would have been enough time to reach FL on Sept 1. It's obvious he knows something and isn't talking. You don't just leave the girlfriend who lives with you out in the middle of nowhere, essentially, and drive 3 days home. Even if they would have had a major fight and broke up, I doubt she would have just been left. They lived together. The van was spotted in a parking lot in Grand Teton National Park that's for Jenny Lake. There are many hiking trails in that park. It would be interesting to know if they camped in the park and if park cameras caught them leaving.

17. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

To be honest, in the body cam video, I see a very, very upset young lady and a hyper/arrogant young man. I think he was gaslighting her - she was apologizing for being tense over cleaning. The distance between Teton's and Florida is 35 hours. This lines up with him likely leaving the 25th-26th and driving 8-10 hours a day. Or, he left later.... It would be interesting to know when he left the area. If she "ran" off, there are a lot of people in this area during the summer months. She could have easily reached out for help; and I am certain this sweet young lady would have reached out to her family.

We know that BL is refusing to answer questions. I wonder IF police have his cell phone. There is so much information they can glean from a cell phone. I would also love to know where her cell phone is and when it last pinged.

I am praying that BL come forward with more information sooner rather than later. His complete silence points to guilt to me - but that is JMVHO. We have watched many stay silent and thwart LE's efforts to find a missing person. Most often the end result is very sad!

18. Shane00

Shane00 Well-Known Member

https://fb.watch/84CTo5Thqt/

This just broke me, he says hit gut tells him that something really bad happened and he’s never ever going to be able to hold his baby girl again. The pain in his voice and his eyes is just heartbreaking.

19. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I wonder if he is anti-social. The family dynamics are certainly unusual. I thought it was odd that his sister has not spoken to him.

20. Shellinaya

Shellinaya Former Member

rkendmar, 10ofRods, PixieStix and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.