Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

I always see that at Costco too. That seems normal. A lot of people have an extra fridge in their garage where they store extra beverages, etc. Buying a bunch of water is probably the least suspicious thing they have done lately. IMO

2. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

Fort DeSoto really isn't very remote so I think that cell phone service is probably not a problem although it's not specifically addressed on their website.

Pinellas County, Florida, Park and Conservation Resources - Camping Information
    Fort De Soto Campground Information:
    A 236-site family camping area with facilities including picnic tables, grills, water, electricity, washers, dryers, sanitary disposal stations, modern restrooms, showers, play areas, and a campground store. Special camp sites for camping with pets.

Wi-Fi at camp store and office.

jmho

PhoneJockey, putnam6 and cottonweaver like this.
  3. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

@10ofRods

Thank you for your reply on the last thread.

4. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

I have multiple bank accounts and even with COVID, my bank only allows two transactions via drive thru. If I have more than two transactions that cannot be accomplished via the bank app, yes, I go into the bank. It’s not a weekly thing but it’s not rare.

khaki, Mishmish, ThoughtFox and 3 others like this.
  5. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

Gabby wasn't charged in the end so there was no need to go to the police station to fill out.
    It seemed like they were on a kind of "honor system" to stay apart that night.

I haven't heard where Gabby went with the van until the next morning.
    I would like to know what she did that night.

6. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

I don't hate you for saying it and I am sure her dad knows her better than anyone of us.... but Moab wasn't "that". She'd just been in a physical altercation with BL, he'd taken her phone and locked her out of her "home" and she was being questioned by the cops in the back of a patrol car. I'm curious what exactly caught your attention since you are saying you don't think she was doing that during the Moab stop? MOO

7. Danaya

Danaya Well-Known Member

What is the consensus on the recent alleged "sighting" of BL on a bicycle in Dunnellon?

Has it been determined yet that it wasn't him?

Do any of you think BL is still alive? Personally I've been leaning towards him being deceased due to the elements.

Sorry, just trying to catch up now. This thread moves fast!

8. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I didn't think that was really that much water. Especially when you only leave the house every two weeks or so. Plus they may use it for everything. Dishes, coffee, cooking or whatever. I bought six gallons the other day for emergencies. That maybe their regular purchase amount.

9. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

No more so than the hundreds of SAR and LE that were forced to spend weeks searching a smelly filthy swamp on the basis of a lie, a lie they allowed to run until finally confronted by the FBI regarding clarification of the day he actually went to the alleged swamp and certainly no more than the beautiful girl found decomposing in a remote place, a girl they actively refused to help locate.
    I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess at what they might need, physically or spiritually.

jash, KarmaRoundUp, Alli1982 and 5 others like this.
  10. oc1234

oc1234 Well-Known Member

This paperwork at the Police Station was only going to be necessary if one of them was going to be charged with Domestic Assault, which didn't end-up happening. The officer asked that they separate for the night (but also informed Brian that legally they can't enforce this, not sure that Gabby was given the same information regarding enforecement)

11. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

I agree. I remember someone saying her dad ordered food to be delivered to where she was and that they spoke on the phone. I'm not sure if that was the night they had to stay apart from one another or if that was during the time BL flew back to supposedly empty out the storage locker. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about either of those events. Where she stayed, where she went (while he was in FL did she sit in the hotel all day by herself), etc. IMO.

LietKynes, SandSage and bluwaters like this.
  12. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

If he is, I think he is holed up somewhere with shelter and not hiking.

JMO.

13. Which_pancake

Which_pancake Well-Known Member

The food order was during the time BL was back in Florida. The timeline thread says it was August 21.

14. YohanApple

YohanApple Well-Known Member

Well, it just caught my attention when he said to the effect that she could just cry like that on purpose to get out of trouble. She could have been using that technique, to some extent, to get them both out of trouble in Moab. JMO.

15. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

I see. I will agree to disagree. 100%. MOO

ericasf, Alli1982, SUNchips and 6 others like this.
  16. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

I know-I live in New York, and my husband is Italian!

Barbie619 likes this.
  17. LeeJay55

LeeJay55 Well-Known Member

We can't drink the water here its horrible! We go thru cases and cases of water a week!

Palinsmom, gngr~snap, sds71 and 6 others like this.
  18. YohanApple

YohanApple Well-Known Member

Well, it just caught my attention when he said to the effect that she could just cry like that on purpose to get out of trouble. She could have been using that technique, to some extent, to get them both out of trouble in Moab
    Ok, wasn't sure if she still got a citation. Thanks for your help!
    . JMO.

bluwaters likes this.
  19. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

I don't understand it either. Clients have to instruct their lawyers and I've never heard of one doing anything like this without client approval. He can't simply take it upon himself to release info without their say-so. If he did, and there were consequences, I'd imagine they could take proceedings against him.

dacjess, Bertha96 and mommadukes like this.
  20. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I think he’s alive. He’d have to really hate his parents to off himself in a manner that would ensure his body would never be found, thus leaving them to always wonder if he’s dead or alive. What would be the point? Instead, he’s in hiding and leaving investigators to think he may be deceased.

SUNchips, PhoneJockey, sds71 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.