Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

I assume he's representing the parents in the statement around the protestors at the home.

CharlestonGal likes this.

2. Danaya

Danaya Well-Known Member

It's hard to say without knowing much about his personality. I don't think he necessarily committed suicide but if he tried to hike the Appalachian trail, by all accounts, it's a very difficult journey. Maybe he died due to the elements. Otherwise, where could he be hiding? I wonder... empty cabin?

khaki and steeltowngirl like this.
  3. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

My take is that I rarely get excited about "sightings" unless the pics are super clear, as was the case with Tad Cummins/Elizabeth Thomas a few years ago. IIRC, they were spotted on camera in Walmart.
    But I have been wondering about his bicycle all along, due to reports that he was biking with his Mom, and I will look for that link in a bit. What if he went biking instead of hiking? I can take the front tire off my bike and stash it in my car.
    I am still 90/10 on BL being alive. There are SO many places he could be.
    The thing is, life on the run is no fun, although I am sure jail is worse. He'll turn up. It might take a few more weeks. JMHO

ETA Link: Bounty hunter says Laundrie hid in FL campground 75 miles from parents' home (fox13now.com)
    "Charlene Guthrie, who lives directly across the street from the Laundrie family, told Fox News she saw Brian Laundrie mowing the lawn, riding his bike with his mother and appearing to go camping with his parents in the days after he arrived alone."

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Wow-that is some kind of “thank you”! Might make a person not want to be a “witness”-for the Feds?

squareandrabbet likes this.
  5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Bank branches have been closing like crazy because of the move to digital. Cash can be deposited at a drive up window, no need to go inside. Going inside is a red flag. jmo

3 Major Banks Plan More Branch Closings As Thousands Shutter—In U.S. And U.K.—Amid Covid, Digital Growth

RickshawFan and squareandrabbet like this.
  6. bluwaters

bluwaters Well-Known Member

I believe JP ordered a pizza for Gabby after the police stop.
    IIRC, Gabby was in the hotel in SLC when JP sent her a pizza and BL was back in Florida cleaning out a storage unit.
    Or something.
    jmho

Which_pancake, Bertha96 and SandSage like this.
  7. SandSage

SandSage Well-Known Member

It may just be that they dread leaving home so much that they're stocking up so they won't have to leave again for a while. Prepping-light if you will... MOO

8. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

I do too. All it would take is for the L's to have come across a remote property when searching for a property to flip that, for whatever reason, they do not estimate anyone purchasing anytime soon. BL could stay there and even move between other similar properties they have found. I have seen major fixer uppers in remote areas that sit on the market for years. Some were historic properties that by law couldn't be demolished and no one wanted to buy because they would be bound by an agreement to restore and maintain it. I think he is in a house somewhere watching himself on the news while laughing at how he has outsmarted everyone so far. IMO.

Kapua, scorpie, SandSage and 2 others like this.
  9. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

And yet… we’re supposed to feel sympathy for them but they wouldn’t say a word to Gabby’s parents when they were looking for her and didn’t know where she was. By their own definition were they contributing to the Petitos’ torture?
    Karma’s a ….
    JMO.

10. Van Helsing

Van Helsing Well-Known Member

I had a girl friend who used to do that smirk when she really upset me. It seemed like an expression of satisfaction or accomplishment. She never apologized for anything she did. There are many details that I'll omit, but I now believe she was getting revenge on "men" through me.
    I agree that this kind of information probably is of little value in court.

rleigh123, rick shaw and SandSage like this.
  11. tiara1972

tiara1972 On Time Out

Witness protection? MOO.

scorpie likes this.
  12. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

August 21st is the night he ordered food for her.
    While BL was allegedly back i Florida doing something about removals.

customCF, Cindizzi, sds71 and 4 others like this.
  13. MollyDDD

MollyDDD The Geator with the Heater.

IMO, if he were dead, they’d have found evidence of it by now.

14. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Remote empty cabin is a good choice. Somewhere off-grid. Do you recall when Tad Cummins kidnapped Elizabeth Thomas, and they were staying at a commune in California? They were eventually tipped in, but they were more recognizable due to their age difference. BL is likely alone, and blending in with guys his age.

15. Danaya

Danaya Well-Known Member

Oh, wow! Now that's an interesting theory I've never thought of. What for?

scorpie and tiara1972 like this.
  16. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Per the Mayo Clinic, personality disorders are a subset of mental illness.

Personality disorders - Symptoms and causes

17. Okiruy

Okiruy Well-Known Member

Investigators probably know exactly what they bought at Walmart, I bet they have a copy of the receipt. Bet they know where that FedEx was shipped to. Also bet they know what business they did at the AT&T store.
    These people are being watched and tracked, as they should be. I bet they know it too.
    MOO

KarmaRoundUp, khaki, Alli1982 and 7 others like this.
  18. YohanApple

YohanApple Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be good to know if the neighbor could identify the bike BL was supposedly on while biking with his mom.

SUNchips, Kapua and Danaya like this.
  19. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what it'd be for, but I doubt LE would launch a full blown search for someone in WP.

Tabirey, CGVA, SandSage and 2 others like this.
  20. Snw

Snw Member

haha….love the post. Holy smokes does this thread go off on some tangents. The lack of any new information in days/weeks hasn't helped matters any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.