Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMK777

SMK777 Well-Known Member

Has it been confirmed that the white tent has been set up? Posters were mentioning this upthread.

2. LMDlong

LMDlong Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if it’s the white tent or the colored one that the think might be BL’s

3. bmacmillan1

bmacmillan1 Well-Known Member

4. blueberryjam

blueberryjam Former Member

Also suicide, I assume the body would be found either hanging, or with the device they used to hang still on the body. Strangulation is very hard and long process. I have heard of cases were people trying to get out of it with a defence of erotic asphyxiation gone wrong at trial. But this is hardly plausible for the effort and length of time required to actually strangle someone to death.

5. razzledazzle

razzledazzle Well-Known Member

superbee, Palinsmom, Chypre and 20 others like this.
  6. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

If he's dead, then his life is over. His self is extinguished. He'll have self-convicted himself. He'll never make a contribution or harm to society again. His parents can't visit him in prison. He'll never walk on a technicality or be released early for good behavior.

How much more justice can you get?

7. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

IF BL is no longer on this earth , how disappointing for the Petito's to be deprived of any answers.

Not sure if this would have made a difference, but had his parents cooperated fully and brought him in for questioning or allowed LE to speak with him; and even if he was arrested --he'd be alive today.

Although LE may have found someone else's remains ?

In which case the Laundrie parents can be grateful and again if they know anything-- urge BL to turn himself in and cooperate with LE.
    By now -- if he's alive and well -- his mental state has to be precarious; on the run and sought by the law. :eek:
    MOO.

8. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

I suspect the water finally receded enough to showcase the articles found. The articles could have been in a waterproof case or bag and had the ability to float away from any remains.

The remains, if any, could be anybody hiking, even as recently as yesterday. The same people would show up no matter what. This type of show out isn’t just because of Brian’s notoriety.

It is highly likely that it is Brian and any manner of death is possible. He could have fallen asleep and a gator attacked. He could have been charged by the wild boars that roam here. I doubt it would be a bear, panther or bobcat. Suicide is likely but I don’t recall hearing any mention of a gun being missing. That doesn’t mean he didn’t buy one on the black market.

9. Bertha96

Bertha96 Well-Known Member

Yes. They have shown it from the air. They said it was brought in on an ATV and set up when this started earlier today.

10. CLGM

CLGM Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

11. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

We saw the white tent clearly on the live feed, JB's stream is currently showing non-live footage of the tent (because the chopper had to go and re-fuel).

12. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

Well looks like this could really be it and the search just might be over, from my understanding it was LE that found articles in the woods an called the Laundries to come to see if they could identify them.....now the ME has been called in so I think this search is finally coming to a close!

superbee, Chypre, elleni and 8 others like this.
  13. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

It was live on the WFLA livestream so I don't have a link but they are replaying the old footage now.

Sometimes they use tents for evidence but everyone can draw their own conclusions here.

14. Fleur-de-lis

Fleur-de-lis Merrily we scroll along

EDIT: They said Human Remains Detection Dog. So yes, cadaver dog.

corrected: [I think I caught on the WFLA live feed that a dog and 2 handlers have been deployed (2 handlers for their safety), but I don't believe they said cadaver dog, but another term, human search dog or something similar?]

I am still wondering WHAT could have been immediately ID'd as Brian's. I guess I will need to wait and be patient. Bracelet, cap? Shoe? I wonder if they also have found more items near the first already?

MOO

15. gliving

gliving Woof

Casey Jordan, Criminologist on CNN saying it's a bit suspicious that items were found the same day as BL's parents were on scene.

Palinsmom, jash, PhoneJockey and 23 others like this.
  16. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

Have you seen the Scandinavian movie The Investigation? Based on the murder of the reporter in the submarine? Those dogs could scent cadavers in the depths of the sea, from boats on very choppy waters.

There's also a podcast worth checking out.
    Not all dogs are trained to perform at such extremes where bodies are in water, so they had to bring a team in from a country nearby. Sweden or Norway - I can't remember now.

17. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

whoa...I need to read back !

Marg from Oz, LietKynes and Kapua like this.
  18. Magnoliabeach

Magnoliabeach Well-Known Member

If this turns out to be human remains and is not BL it could be possible that DTBH is correct when he thinks BL might be a serial killer. Just MOO.

19. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I don’t believe his parents planted his dead body. But I could maybe believe his parents were in communication with him indirectly up until very recently and perhaps that relayed communication stopped… hence the parents randomly requesting the search last night for today coincidentally leading to the discovery of his clothes and possible remains. If they do not find his remains, the parents will look even more suspish, but if they do, the time of death will be enlightening. /jmo

superbee, jash, Alli1982 and 25 others like this.
  20. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Yes, they set up a white tent under the trees.

superbee, Marg from Oz and SMK777 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.