Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

2. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

When I heard that on the live stream I was like, “the audacity!!! Like is this some kinda joke to you?!” It had me on another level for a minute. This attorney should have never started talking like he has. He has confirmed so much that he didn’t have to - that LE wouldn’t even confirm - that IMO might end up potentially hurting BL’s case when he is found (hopefully alive). All JMO.

3. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Thank you! I think that for cards to have some of those symbols on the back (you know, the ones that tell you which ATM networks you can use), the bank has to follow federal interstate banking laws - which someone here said prohibit sharing your ATM card and PIN with anyone .

At any rate, I would think that the person using the card, who was then accused of misuse - like BL, would need to say how permission was given, and for what. If BL cleaned out the whole account, he would need to answer some questions and be convincing to get this charge to go away. If he used the card to buy gas while leaving Gabby on the ground (or somehow he missed seeing her when he packed up to leave - didn't even notice her boots?), then he will have to show permission for both use of her vehicle on a cross country trip (leaving her behind) and for the permission for each gas station.

Not like he's gonna show up and do any of that, of course.

4. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

They really come off as heartless. I am not saying anything except that is the impression most people get from their behavior. Just my opinion.

5. LinneaE

LinneaE Well-Known Member

This was posted in the last thread

newsreader25, dacjess and Bekind89 like this.
  6. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

100% yes… my hands are waving in the air with you

7. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

MOO there is probably something bc they are hoping they will do something just like this. But, the Laundries undoubtedly know this is a real possibility and won't. MOO. We'd never have evidence of it. They'd never publicize this. It would render the warrant useless. MOO Speculation.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Alli1982 and kittythehare like this.
  8. Bekind89

Bekind89 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Big yup.

Barbie619 likes this.
  9. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Okay thanks! I tried searching but missed it :)

10. ce4au

ce4au Licensed Civil Engineer

They were in Walmart for a hot minute right? They could have done a cashier’s check in Walmart. There’s a full money center in there - where… now that I think about it… you can also send money relatively undetected (Walmart to Walmart or money gram) but that’s a whole other conversation but interesting nonetheless haha!

11. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Maybe not now, but not a month ago IMOO.

Barbie619 likes this.
  12. Coquette

Coquette Observer

ETA: I entirely messed up this edit and will spend the day laughing at myself.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  13. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@PeiSzeCheng4NY

When we asked #NorthPortPD if opening up the Carlton Reserve to the public means there’s nothing left to search, a spokesman responded “I suspect searches will continue when and where needed.”

14. 10ofRods

Well, that's what I meant. At some point, this became a federal fugitive case, which it wasn't at the beginning.

Can you weigh in on why you think all three of his clients face considerable exposure? According to the parents, BL left before he was charged with anything.

But if the lawyer does know where BL is, it could be because he's in direct touch with him, and not through the parents. Or, it could be through the parents, in which case, it seems like a conflict of interest to handle all three clients. In either situation (BL directly in contact with lawyer; BL only in contact with parents).

Personally I don't think BL is directly in contact with his lawyer or his parents...

15. Morag

Morag Well-Known Member

It’s also likely that the sign is not permitted on the public right of way regardless. Sign regulations are very persnickety in every town, and an illegally erected or placed sign probably has no protection from being removed or discarded by anyone.

16. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

The Florida environmental park where a silver Mustang -- like the one Brian Laundrieallegedly drove to get to a hiking spot the day he vanished -- was abandoned reopened to the public on Tuesday after a nearly month-long closure.

The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, which borders one of the entrances to the Carlton Reserve, the sprawling 25,000-acre swamp that has been the focal point of investigators' search for Gabby Petito's now long-missing fiancé, had been taped off to assist local and federal law enforcement in their hunt for Laundrie.
    upload_2021-10-19_15-37-37.jpeg

It's Been a Month Since Gabby Petito's Body Was Found -- So Where Is Brian Laundrie?

17. 10ofRods

Oh, wow. I see why you all are reacting the way you are. Does the lawyer want everyone to think that he knows BL is alive and well? Is his need to be in the limelight and to tease media so strong that he gives that impression?

I guess "BL could be anywhere" is the lawyer's underlying stance - meaning that he doesn't know where his "client" is. I'm very curious what lawyers do in that situation...continue to run intereference is how it looks from this lawyer's antics.

Mo Thuairim, mlhenn, kath4557 and 3 others like this.
  18. chupacabra

chupacabra Well-Known Member

I don't think people in the middle of this mess want to create a paper trail. There may not be a warrant out right now, but they can be pretty certain their activities will be the subject of future investigations. The idea, in the middle of this, that they would send cash to a person currently wanted for fraud is pretty out there. The idea that they would be smart enough to lawyer up at the first sign of trouble with the kid, and then turn around and do something that dumb? Don't think so.

19. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

Agree with all of this. And I would add that he is essentially the entire reason I feel animosity towards the parents at this point. I could be convinced of why they didn’t respond to Gabby’s parents (I would not agree, but I could see the argument for it) but I cannot accept that they chose this flippant mouth piece to represent them publicly. His statements are abhorrent to me when there’s a dead girl who used to live with these people. JMO.

Mo Thuairim, TRB, Okiruy and 5 others like this.
  20. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Yes, he does

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.