Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for having to be out today lol. Am I reading correctly that his parents found this spot? This is all so bizarre, and yes tragic for whoever it is.

It seems as though his parents may have been telling LE the truth the entire time, and that they were worried their son had taken his life so they went back again.

Maybe he did leave a note and his parents believed it to be a suicide note.

My personal opinion : I hope if it is BL it is proven he died long ago, take away the "I am a survivalist" from his ego. I think what was found was underwater , and it is possible the cadaver dogs were focused on dry trails not the water areas.

More than a month of intensive searching in that reserve, and Brian's parents find belongings not far from the entrance? It's mind boggling. I guess it's the water having receded so much...but still.

If the water was so high, how did BL get there in the first place? If it was low when he got there, why did he stay when it rose?

Has Brian Laundrie been found?

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Law enforcement officials searching for Brian Laundrie found partial human remains in the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Wednesday, according to NBC News.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner’s Office has been called to the North Port park where authorities have been searching for the 23-year-old, an office representative has confirmed.

The news comes after items belonging to Laundrie were reportedly found at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told WFLA’s Mahsa Saeidi that Laundrie’s parents went to the park to search for their son on Wednesday morning, and met with North Port police and the FBI.

Bertolino said “articles” belonging to Brian were found on a trail, but he did not provide any further information. The attorney refused to comment on news of the medical examiner’s office being called to the area.

I’m surprised they weren’t told to not touch anything, just call LE to glove handle and bag it.:eek:

How many versions of the same story are there?

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie, the parents of fugitive Brian Laundrie, ventured into Florida's Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park early Wednesday morning, where Fox News Digital saw an officer apparently tell parents that law enforcement "might have found something."
Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found

@ShannonCwtsp

I asked the #Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, if #BrianLaundrie’s remains were found, he said “no comment”

I then asked if human remains were found, he said “no comment”
I asked the #Laundrie family attorney if he has reason to believe #BrianLaundrie could be suicidal, again, “no comment”

I asked for clarification from #BrianLaundrie’s attorney if Brian’s parents were at the reserve this morning to identify his belongings or to search for him? “Nothing further” is what Bertolino responded
Thanks for the links !
:rolleyes:

For those wondering about whether cadaver dogs can detect under water please note the following:

"Not only can these dogs detect the scent of human remains under 30 metres of water, some can also detect traces as small as a shard of bone or drop of blood. They can also tell the difference between, say, a dead raccoon and a dead hiker."

from source/link: https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/cadaver-dogs-science-training-1.3654993

I 100% agree. From the beginning I thought he left and the parents genuinely thought he was just hiking. They retrieved the car, realized the gun was gone, and called LE genuinely concerned he was going to kill himself. He did, and a gator tore him apart. MOO.

I think he committed suicide as well.
If the water was so high, how did BL get there in the first place? If it was low when he got there, why did he stay when it rose?

Prob because he killed himself? That’s my thought.

What proof do you have. I am happy to be corrected with a source. Its assumed they knew, by people in the internet who know nothing. We literally know nothing. If I came home in a van and my family was under the impression I financed it or co owned it and police came and confiscated it and the father of my Ex came to the house and there was an altercation and LE had to be called for whatever reason. They would probably hire a lawyer for me as well. Would they think I murdered someone, No. But they would at least think "oh crap, theres going to be a car theft charge." We don't know what he told them. He seems to be pretty convincing when needed.

Brought this over from the previous thread because I wanted to say that I would certainly know whether or not my son was an owner, or co-owner of a vehicle that he was going to be traveling/sleeping in all over the country. If BL said it, which I doubt, his parents would simply say “we know how much he worked, and there is no way he had the money, and no bank would finance it, especially with no job.” No way did his parents think he owned that van, and no way did they not not wonder what happened to Gabby when he came home without her. And if they did not know what happened to her, or strongly suspect, there is no way they would have ghosted her parents. No. Way.

I have wondered if BL had a pretty convincing story to his parents along the lines of a break up, including that he was mad at Gaby's parents for some reason, and he was able to make that convincing until FBI actually found her remains. Crisis would have ensued at the Laundrie home when the search for Gaby became public and it's reasonable that he would have left at that point. From then on, they havent known where he was. I still think the fact that the search went from non-productive to a break through at the point the Laundries became involved is very suspicious. The spot where his belongings were found was not underwater the entire time he's been missing. I remember them commenting that it started raining making the search more difficult. I hope there is further information later if this is him. IMO

MOO: It will be revealed he committed suicide the day he disappeared. MOO. And no note.
You are probably right although a note in that waterproof bag would be ideal. It is so unfortunate they didn't report him missing sooner. I don't know when that area suddenly became flooded but perhaps he could have been located on 9/14 or 9/15. Then again, didn't his father supposedly go looking for him at that time? Maybe he just didn't search this area.

What proof do you have. I am happy to be corrected with a source. Its assumed they knew, by people in the internet who know nothing. We literally know nothing. If I came home in a van and my family was under the impression I financed it or co owned it and police came and confiscated it and the father of my Ex came to the house and there was an altercation and LE had to be called for whatever reason. They would probably hire a lawyer for me as well. Would they think I murdered someone, No. But they would at least think "oh crap, theres going to be a car theft charge." We don't know what he told them. He seems to be pretty convincing when needed.

Brought this over from the previous thread because I wanted to say that I would certainly know whether or not my son was an owner, or co-owner of a vehicle that he was going to be traveling/sleeping in all over the country. If BL said it, which I doubt, his parents would simply say “we know how much he worked, and there is no way he had the money, and no bank would finance it, especially with no job.” No way did his parents think he owned that van, and no way did they not not wonder what happened to Gabby when he came home without her. And if they did not know what happened to her, or strongly suspect, there is no way they would have ghosted her parents. No. Way.
I disagree. I have no idea who is on the registration of my kids’ cars. They are adults. I don’t know exact bank account , credit card etc issues either. So is the case with many if not most adults. Certainly not surprising.

Also not surprising that Laundries did not press hard in questions when BL came home sans Gabby. Break ups can be tough and nasty and it’s often better to wait until your kid or friend is ready to talk about it. Who thinks that ones loved one left the person dead, murdered her?!?! It would not have occurred to me for an instant.

When the texts, voice messages, hit, it would knock me over , and absolutely, I’d call a lawyer to help me navigate. Not like Ls had any good news to give the Petitos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23